The Falkirk FC Thread

11 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

I do feel for Williamson. 

If he leaves tonight hel still be in with a shout of goal of the season come May. Too seldom seen though unfortunately and was just never ever going to nail down a place in the team. No choice for both parties but to move on. Best of luck to the laddie. 

Rowe has done more in 4 games than Williamson in 18 months. 

Edited by Back Post Misses

17 minutes ago, Aidan said:

That answers the question I was coming on to ask then…😳 I wouldn’t be surprised if we haven’t tried to take him just now since we haven’t actually had a natural right back all season. 

He's injured or was think he's only just getting back. Giving him a a two year deal you'll be lucky if he plays half of it. He's made of glass. 

Just now, Springfield said:

Regardless of what the season brings, hats off to M&S for the continued emptying of some utter shite that should have been nowhere near this club.

100%. 
You only need look at last years accounts  to see the utter disaster it was. 

22 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

No real surprise that. Just a shame they aren't taking him off our hands now.

Good luck to the guy but absolutely astonished that Montrose have signed a guy who will play 10 games at most over the course of his 2 year contract.

32 minutes ago, Aidan said:

That answers the question I was coming on to ask then…😳 I wouldn’t be surprised if we haven’t tried to take him just now since we haven’t actually had a natural right back all season. 

He'll be injured when he arrives and injured when he leaves. However, he'll only be injured for approximately 75% of the time in between.

I hope I'm wrong and that he does well for you as he seems like a good lad.

I was surprised to see mentioned that Williamson had played 30 games for us....he hasn't 

He has done the square root of fuk all for us, a wonder goal and a good 2nd half performance against the relegation favourites Peterhead is basically all he has done, he of course got injured after his half good game.

He will be one of the top earners and won't be going now unless he agrees to rip up his contract, can't see us trying to pay him to go

4 minutes ago, MrDust said:

I was surprised to see mentioned that Williamson had played 30 games for us....he hasn't 

He has done the square root of fuk all for us, a wonder goal and a good 2nd half performance against the relegation favourites Peterhead is basically all he has done, he of course got injured after his half good game.

He will be one of the top earners and won't be going now unless he agrees to rip up his contract, can't see us trying to pay him to go

Transfermarkt has him as having played 31, including starting 16 games in a row and playing the full game in almost all them? Have they just got him mixed up with someone else?

22 minutes ago, Aidan said:

Transfermarkt has him as having played 31, including starting 16 games in a row and playing the full game in almost all them? Have they just got him mixed up with someone else?

31 is correct, 22 league starts 4 sub and 5 cup starts.

We have had academy players in their debut season rattling up more games in their debut season before a March Easter.

143 league games for someone who started being a first team regular in 2014 tells the bigger picture for Williamson. He has only shown up in half a game v Peterhead for us in my opinion.

Part time football might help him but he seems terrified to put his body through anything that might cause injury, which is generally moving

Edited by MrDust

1 minute ago, bairn88 said:

Queen’s Park and Ayr through.

My guess at what the quarters may look like:

Celtic    
Rangers    
Hearts     
Dundee United   
Livingston    
Motherwell 
Ayr    
Falkirk