The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

Well yeah but it's a football discussion forum which makes discussion of footballing staff pretty fair game tbh. 

And Samdy Alexander has been a condescending fanny towards the fans on more than one occasion. 

Just hope SA doesn’t read this, especially as its likely he’s the one baling us out as per the Accounts.

5 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Just hope SA doesn’t read this, especially as its likely he’s the one baling us out as per the Accounts.

Don’t know Sandy Alexander or Martin Ritchie personally but have to say that from my perspective seeing them standing alongside me & my family behind the goal on Saturday is sufficient to confirm them tas true Bairn supporters 

6 minutes ago, Kircer bairn said:

Don’t know Sandy Alexander or Martin Ritchie personally but have to say that from my perspective seeing them standing alongside me & my family behind the goal on Saturday is sufficient to confirm them tas true Bairn supporters 

Have MR and SA got everything right? Of course not, and they have been deservedly criticised for that at times. However, I am 100% convinced that they have taken every decision in what they saw at the time as the best interests of Falkirk Football Club.

Some of the abuse they have been subject to over the years though has been totally beyond the pale for individuals who have contributed countless hours and hundreds of thousands of pounds to the club.

23 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

One ‘cut’ I do expect is for the B team planned for next year to be delayed unless it can be funded externally.

I covered a signing night for the new Under 16 academy team last week and listened to Tony Begg give the standard speech to the parents of all the new players. This covered all the usual topics like expectations on the players, training details and plans for the academy. 

The academy is already expanding because we now have U16, U17 and U18 teams instead of just the 16s and 18s from last season. 

It is still planned that there WILL be a reserve team next season. This will happen regardless of whether we get promoted or not. 

The only difference is that if we go up, the club will have the money to offer modern apprenticeships to some of the youth players.  They will then play reserve matches along with first team players who're not getting gametime. 

If we stay down, there will be less young players getting paid to play football. 

Either way the plan is still there for the youngsters to be part of the club after they get too old to play for the U18s. 

Presumably there will be more info to follow, either at the AGM or in the months afterwards. 

41 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Kelty finally extending Low's stay just in time for our game at the weekend is a ball buster.

36 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Arbroath obviously see hetherington as a better option so I wouldn't get too concerned.

He was never going back to Arbroath and he can’t sign for anyone else having played for they 2 clubs this season. 

3 hours ago, Kircer bairn said:

They are both definitely fans through and through despite possibly making some bad appointments and decisions toward the end of they’re tenure, both have put there own money in over the years and are probably the only two of the former MSG who were in it for the right reasons. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

8 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

So why has it taken till now? If that was the case surely it would've been sorted a while ago 

At a guess Arbroath probably wanting more of his wages covered knowing he can’t go anywhere else. 

34 minutes ago, latapythelegend said:

Putting tickets on sale at 10am on a weekdays is an absolute nightmare. Surely an evening outwith traditional working hours gives the vast majority of fans a chance to get there and have a shot at getting a ticket?

Open until 7 on the first day of sales and can be purchased over the phone. I'd be surprised is there is 900 folk down at 10am on a Thursday.

I hope we do manage to start up a development team again, far too big a step to go from the U18's straight into the first team. Helps fringe first team players get more minutes too, the likes of Yeats, Carroll, Honeyman, Walker & Connolly would be able to stay with us as opposed to having to go out on loan. 

I personally would prefer the club to give out more news stories on the academy teams. Hopefully get back to annoucing the details of their games and results shortly.

Ideally FTV would be able to film the games and put out the highlights but obviously with them just being volunteers that's not really realistic.

Edited by FFC 1876

1 minute ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Interesting question.

Are FSS members eligible to attend the AGM ?

Doesn't affect myself as I have shares in my own right but it would seem reasonable for FSS members to be able to attend.

I’d guess not as shares are purchased in the name of FSS and not the individual. I’d like to receive the papers though. 

6 minutes ago, Rugster said:

I’d guess not as shares are purchased in the name of FSS and not the individual. I’d like to receive the papers though. 

Would be nice even to just get a shortened report or a bit more of a summary on the AGM papers for FSS members from FSS 

15 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Interesting question.

Are FSS members eligible to attend the AGM ?

Doesn't affect myself as I have shares in my own right but it would seem reasonable for FSS members to be able to attend.

FSS will have a number of attendees who can vote on behalf of the collective shareholding.