The Falkirk FC Thread

I know that the past is the past and we're looking forward etc etc, but it is interesting to see Aidan Keena moving to English League One for an undisclosed fee after being the top scorer in the Irish Premier Division last season. Not good enough for us or simply an other victim of the shambles we were in?

4 minutes ago, Jimmy1876 said:

This is unbelievable. One thing to be the only team in league one but for that to be across the top four leagues is beyond a joke. 

Like many posting watched the highlights for a second/third time to try and fathom out/understand the incidents all are talking about. The refereeing (include the linesmen) simply shocking. I’ve been appalled since the season start how bad they’ve been. Not sure if these refs are monitored, but I’ve seen better refs handling Sunday league amateurs. lm sure if there was any complaint from the club, we’d be hit with a perfectly worded statement from our friends that run the game up here.

43 minutes ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

I know that the past is the past and we're looking forward etc etc, but it is interesting to see Aidan Keena moving to English League One for an undisclosed fee after being the top scorer in the Irish Premier Division last season. Not good enough for us or simply an other victim of the shambles we were in?

I wouldn’t say he isn’t good enough but he simply wasn’t interested during his time with us 

Edited by PedroMoutinho

51 minutes ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

Shambles.

13 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

I wouldn’t say he isn’t good enough but he simply wasn’t interested during his time with us 

A player should never be disinterested playing for their team but I kind of sympathise with him given the hoofball M&M were playing with us. We never really created chances for him and played him upfront on his own.

He was only back in Scotland because his girlfriend was pregnant so off the field it's clearly done him the world of good returning home.

Edited by FFC 1876

On 27/01/2023 at 17:09, Duncan Freemason said:

Sorry, can’t help, but it’s probably a Bonnybridge thing. Council Member William Buchanan would be the best guy to contact.

A844443F-88EE-464C-B0F3-E8D8DDE23B4D.jpeg

Thanks 4 that appreciate you taking the time. If you have any other leads I'd appreciate it

On 27/01/2023 at 17:14, Bairn in Exile said:

Nothing to laugh about there mate! And you've got one of our all time favourite players in your team this season, Will Vaulks, a brilliant lad!

Yes Will is a top bloke, really nice guy and does an awful lot for local charity 👍 

3 hours ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

Fee in excess of £50k

Keena scored worldies but missed easy chances. Had a couple of injuries which didnt help. A long way from the worst striker we've had over the last few years but that isnt exactly a high bar 

Worth noting that the standard of the Irish league is absolutely awful, really surprised a League 1 side has gone in for him 

Edited by NavyBlueArmy1876

6 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

Just spoke to my wife’s mate who happens to play for Celtic ladies where Peter Houston sometimes works and his son says he reckons the Bairns are winning it all 

Not sure what your problem is pal but the point I’m making is that a neutral who watches them every week fancies us for the league. Not sure why u felt it needed such a push reply.

I wouldn't say there's anything wrong with the strikers they have, they just don't create enough chances due to how Mcpake has them playing. They started with 5 defenders and 2 defensive midfielders against Clyde yesterday.

Fisher going back to Dundee's a massive loss as it unsettles the backline which has been a major strength for them this year. He started for Dundee this weekend too so hopefully that continues. Breen's not on the same level as him. 

Plenty of banana peels in their next 5 games, QOS will be much improved by then under Bartley. I'm glad we've already played them 3 times this season. We just need to keep taking care of ourselves and pile on as much pressure as possible.

Montrose (H)
Airdrie (A)
Aidrie (H)
QOS (A)
Alloa (H)

12 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

I wouldn't say there's anything wrong with the strikers they have, they just don't create enough chances due to how Mcpake has them playing. They started with 5 defenders and 2 defensive midfielders against Clyde yesterday.

Fisher going back to Dundee's a massive loss as it unsettles the backline which has been a major strength for them this year. He started for Dundee this weekend too so hopefully that continues. Breen's not on the same level as him. 

Plenty of banana peels in their next 5 games, QOS will be much improved by then under Bartley. I'm glad we've already played them 3 times this season. We just need to keep taking care of ourselves and pile on as much pressure as possible.

Montrose (H)
Airdrie (A)
Aidrie (H)
QOS (A)
Alloa (H)

He says that they are not in a good place and injuries and suspensions will be their downfall due to a small squad.