Jump to content

The Falkirk FC Thread


Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Darvel in the cup - you heard it here first.

Have never laughed so hard for ages at Darvel knocking out Aberdeen,

Could not have happened to a more deserving bunch of whinging cheats.

Did I ever tell you about a game at Brockville against them?

Was that in 1957 in the lead up to winning the cup?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, RC55 FFC said:

Latest episode of the podcast has dropped this evening already. We discuss;

🔵 Scottish Cup draw 
⚪️ Win over Alloa 
🔵 Preview FC Edinburgh &
⚪️ All the rumours including Kai Kennedy heading to the USA 👀 & George Oakley signing ✍🏻

🔵 PLUS the Winner of the VIP tickets for “The Night with Russell Latapy” is announced. 

15FC7E0A-2A9A-4B0A-AC8D-72B6149E027B.thumb.jpeg.be9374320c5f1681f7be9c84105e0919.jpeg

 

Who was playing operation in the background?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Time marches on.  I appreciate that its hard to get players in during January and that kneejerk signings are not needed.  However, from  what I can see we currently have a squad of 21.  From that:

Three are currently injured (Williamson, Watson and Lawal)

One is considered too young and raw to play (Carroll)

One is not wanted (Malcolm)

One is in danger of being recalled  from  his loan (Kennedy)

 

With the Cup and rescheduled matches coming up, the squad is very, very thin.  I want the correct signing but we are running into danger of defeating ourselves before we even get on the pitch.   Suspensions and injuries are going to have a major impact

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, AL-FFC said:

Given the figures on daft next round of the cup we get 40k for going out but if we get through to the quarters and go out then its 100k that adds a good bit to the finances, cup run is a wee bonus but i would rather we got out this sh*tty league.

I've stated in a previous post that I think that our priority should be getting promoted but let's see if our game against Darvel can actually work in our favour re: success in the league campaign. We are guaranteed 40k if we lose to Darvel (one new player coming in?) but we get 100k (3 new players coming in?) if we beat them and get through to the quarter finals. So, do we stick or twist? Do we work on the basis that we won't progress in the cup and sign one decent new player? Or, do we take a gamble and assume that we are going to beat Darvel and spend the 100k that we haven't got yet?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, JustLuvinThepian said:

Time marches on.  I appreciate that its hard to get players in during January and that kneejerk signings are not needed.  However, from  what I can see we currently have a squad of 21.  From that:

Three are currently injured (Williamson, Watson and Lawal)

One is considered too young and raw to play (Carroll)

One is not wanted (Malcolm)

One is in danger of being recalled  from  his loan (Kennedy)

 

With the Cup and rescheduled matches coming up, the squad is very, very thin.  I want the correct signing but we are running into danger of defeating ourselves before we even get on the pitch.   Suspensions and injuries are going to have a major impact

The majority of Scottish premier league teams hold onto their players until the very end of the window once they've done all their business so January's always a nightmare window. It may even be we need to wait until February before getting the right quality in, unless we manage to get another loan from down south.

Barring any injuries or departures(Kennedy) we've got enough quality in the starting 11 at the moment to get through the next three fixtures. It would be nice to have a better option upfront but not an absolute necessity imo. I'd much rather McGlynn was picky with who he brought in than signing a De Vita or a Mcmillan for example, they need to be capable of improving our starting 11.

Edinburgh (A)
Kelty (A)
Alloa (A)

McGlynn said possibly 3 signings but that was before Kinnear came in and he probably already knew that was in the pipe work so I wonder if it'll be 3 on top of Kinnear or just the two more.

If it is 3 I'd hope for a striker, a centre midfielder and a winger, Henderson's been great in the middle of the park beside McGinn right enough so it may be we opt for two strikers and a winger instead.

Centre midfielder - Archie Meekison isn't getting a look in at Dundee United.

Winger - Connor Smith from Hearts again hasn't been near the first team for a while, can play as the 10 as well. 

Striker - Euan Henderson's the easiest shout given his times basically up at Hearts, I think we're more likely looking for someone to bring up from down south.

 

Edited by FFC 1876
Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, Springfield said:

To be fair, there’s been very little movement across most clubs. Suspect it will pick up after Saturdays fixtures. However agree with above post, more than a concern M&S haven’t announced another player at this stage.

I don’t think McGlynn will be sleepwalking into this. He is well aware that our feet are curled over the edge of a cliff in terms of the squad, but he can’t dictate who we will get, or even when we will get them.

Unless there is some glaringly obvious oversight, McGlynn can only be criticised on who we actually get, not those he can’t get. So many variables……does the parent club want to loan them, does the player even want to come, can we afford the contribution to his salary, is he fully fit or will he just spend a few months simply going through the motions.

January is a horrible window, and while it can sometimes come good, more often than not, it doesn’t really change the course of season…..it tends to be the exception, not the rule.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, falkirkbairn23 said:

Does the loan window end 31/01 or end of Feb?

End of February for Championship to League 2 clubs but I think it's the end of January for any loans from down south. So in February we'd only be able to bring in players on loan from up here.

Edited by FFC 1876
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

Just listened back & see what you mean. No idea what that is, issue with the mic maybe. 

Another brilliant episode, I reckon you should just have a different member of the FC Edinburgh fans comittee on every week as they've both been excellent in the episodes they've featured in.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

The majority of Scottish premier league teams hold onto their players until the very end of the window once they've done all their business so January's always a nightmare window. It may even be we need to wait until February before getting the right quality in, unless we manage to get another loan from down south.

Barring any injuries or departures(Kennedy) we've got enough quality in the starting 11 at the moment to get through the next three fixtures. It would be nice to have a better option upfront but not an absolute necessity imo. I'd much rather McGlynn was picky with who he brought in than signing a De Vita or a Mcmillan for example, they need to be capable of improving our starting 11.

Edinburgh (A)
Kelty (A)
Alloa (A)

McGlynn said possibly 3 signings but that was before Kinnear came in and he probably already knew that was in the pipe work so I wonder if it'll be 3 on top of Kinnear or just the two more.

If it is 3 I'd hope for a striker, a centre midfielder and a winger, Henderson's been great in the middle of the park beside McGinn right enough so it may be we opt for two strikers and a winger instead.

Centre midfielder - Archie Meekison isn't getting a look in at Dundee United.

Winger - Connor Smith from Hearts again hasn't been near the first team for a while, can play as the 10 as well. 

Striker - Euan Henderson's the easiest shout given his times basically up at Hearts, I think we're more likely looking for someone to bring up from down south.

 

I like the boy Warnock at Kilmarnock. He'd be a good loan signing if Henderson's out of reach.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well done on the Falkirk daft podcast again this week guys which I just watched.

Couple of things, well done to Ross on calling the Darvel result (several times) hope you had money on it. Secondly I really like the bit with the guys from the clubs we are about to play on it. I like learning about whats going on as other clubs. This week the piece on FC Edinburgh's stadium, relationship with board, squad strengths and weaknesses were particularly interesting.

Keep it up thanks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

Well done on the Falkirk daft podcast again this week guys which I just watched.

Couple of things, well done to Ross on calling the Darvel result (several times) hope you had money on it. Secondly I really like the bit with the guys from the clubs we are about to play on it. I like learning about whats going on as other clubs. This week the piece on FC Edinburgh's stadium, relationship with board, squad strengths and weaknesses were particularly interesting.

Keep it up thanks.

Cheers mate, appreciated. Sadly didn’t put cash on it 🤦🏼‍♂️

It’s been great having the other teams fans on too yeah. Guest pundits (Bairns) are usually good value too 👏🏻

We’ll have news on a one off FD Live soon in a town centre venue pre match, hopefully an away fan will come that day too 👀😂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Another brilliant episode, I reckon you should just have a different member of the FC Edinburgh fans comittee on every week as they've both been excellent in the episodes they've featured in.

Cheers! Yeah both have gave great updates and insights into what’s going on there. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...