The Falkirk FC Thread

53 minutes ago, The Toun Clock said:

Back again I know, but it’s slow news over at our place.

RE the O’Hara chat, I have to say I was shocked when it was rumoured we were signing him given what had happened only a year or two before. However, he was pretty open and honest about it in his signing interview and we gave him the benefit of the doubt given he was just a kid and we all have done stupid things. With regards to the football, I was pretty happy as he’d done well regularly against us in Peter Grant’s Alloa team, few goals at East End much to his delight. Unfortunately he really hasn’t been that guy. I thought we might have got a poacher with a bit of pace, could even play wide but he’s wasted out there. Through the middle he’s came up with a couple of goals but not prolific enough, one hat trick away to Alloa early in his first season probably the most notable thing, fair play to him be only came on as a sub with 30 mins to go. There has been injury problems, mainly this year where he’s been out since early September but unless he has a very useful and prolific finish to the season I wouldn’t be hoping for a new deal. I think there’s a good chance he’ll bag a few goals between now and May but his all round play has to be better because if he’s not doing it in L1 then he won’t be doing it in the Championship if we get there.

I was more surprised that you'd signed him because he's feckin rotten more than anything else.

3 hours ago, Big chungus said:

Would anyone take Kevin Ohara back for next season? 

He's rotten. A hero to alloa fans and we know that means considering how dreadful hetherington is as a footballer. If we can't get better than O'Hara then we may as well pack the game in.

See the draw is live on YouTube at 6pm. 

6 of the 15 we can draw are championship or lower. Any of these at home would be great.

Worst for me would be Livingston or Kilmarnock away.

Old firm would fill the coffers.

Still prefer possibility of progression so option 1..... then coffers filled in an even later round!

2 hours ago, FFC 1876 said:

I don't understand how Gillespie was free to play against Celtic having been sent off last weekend but Donaldson was suspended against Alloa. 

Depends what the offences went down as some are automatic all games and some are for set competition 

20 minutes ago, badgerthewitness said:

I love the balance Blaine Rowe has brought to this team. 

Makes such a difference. To be equally capable of overloading either wing is great. 

Laval being back, even though he needs to displace Nesbit to start, makes us dangerous through the middle too. 

A decent forward signing and we would be by far the best attacking side in the league for me. Its just about keeping the back door closed. 

14 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

Donaldson is our best defender by a good way and has to and will play when his suspension is done 

He's a good defender but he's bot a world beater ffs. McKay was arguably our most consistent player yesterday and Mackie is naturally left sided which IMO is very important in a defensive pairing.

5 minutes ago, latapythelegend said:

He's a good defender but he's bot a world beater ffs. McKay was arguably our most consistent player yesterday and Mackie is naturally left sided which IMO is very important in a defensive pairing.

Considering you were telling the world Rice was out coaching McGlynn yesterday we will move on and leave it at that.