The Falkirk FC Thread

Guest Brockvillenomore

What do we all think ‘solid and sustainable operating model’ means? 
Looks like living within our means and making sure the books balance. 

B995DD63-94C9-4EC4-84A4-7F80008E3600.jpeg

"To this end, we’re pleased to say we’re still on track, with over 98% of last season’s income already achieved by the end of November."

Think that pretty clearly means the total income of last season otherwise they would not have said "already". 

1 minute ago, Brockvillenomore said:

What do we all think ‘solid and sustainable operating model’ means? 
Looks like living within our means and making sure the books balance. 

B995DD63-94C9-4EC4-84A4-7F80008E3600.jpeg

Hybrid or PT maybe

1 minute ago, Senor Bairn said:

Heard youre worth every penny tbf 

Aye, it's the ones that know how to.use the extra digits....

4 minutes ago, Bairnoftheyear said:

Well done indeed. Despite all the abuse they’ve received on here and from some Patrons they stepped up and saved the club. Hopefully some people will reflect upon their previous behaviour as there’s every chance we will need to go cap in hand time and time again unless those in charge get a handle on things.

You're right! Let's forget about the past 5/6 years, nothing bad happened! 

Guest Brockvillenomore

Well done indeed. Despite all the abuse they’ve received on here and from some Patrons they stepped up and saved the club. Hopefully some people will reflect upon their previous behaviour as there’s every chance we will need to go cap in hand time and time again unless those in charge get a handle on things.

Such a ray of sunshine ☀️ 

We don’t actually know but it does seem a reasonable assumption as to where the funds have come.
If that assumption is correct, then I totally agree with your sentiment.

3 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

No they played high up the pitch - just as I said - came to TFS and sat deeper than the Atlantic Ocean. I wouldn’t want him genuinely. He was fucking rubbish every time he played for Dundee and Raith at our place 

Tbf there’s definitely a strong argument for Benedictus being the best central defender in the league.

To me, that just shows how far the standard of player at both clubs has fallen over the years along with the expectations of some of the fans.

Guest Brockvillenomore
2 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

We don’t actually know but it does seem a reasonable assumption as to where the funds have come.
If that assumption is correct, then I totally agree with your sentiment.

If former MSG members have stepped up well done and thank you. We should all be grateful.

Also, if they can be so magnanimous and put the club first (if the abuse was really  that bad) their actions means they evidently wouldn’t agree with your or @Bairnoftheyear sentiment. 

1 minute ago, Springfield said:

The amount of abuse aimed at MR & SA, was at time’s horrific. They’ll openly admit mistakes were made, but seems like they’ve saved the club again, and by the wording of the statement will be asked again. 

Might be being ignorant here, I believe SA is sandy alexander but who is MR?

28 minutes ago, Bairnoftheyear said:

Absolutely- clearly plenty of mistakes have been made (more so by appointees of MR and SA I would argue). However, without doubt, the club would not be here now without the funds these two individuals have contributed over the years.

They deserve our thanks for that and I think it would be a good time also for some people to think about their words and behaviour towards them.

Fans like @MSG GTF! who wanted these individuals gone forever should be careful what they wish for.

Edited by PedroMoutinho

33 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

I think it's more likely that the gap hasn't been fully closed or else they would have said so.

My reading of the 98% bit is that they have reached 98% of our TOTAL income for last season by November not 98% of income over the same period? Could be wrong though.

I agree it is total income.  However we were told that the Board had increased the income targets for this season in order to fill the void.  My point is that if we've yet to reach 100% of last season's figures yet, then we haven't even started to meet the extra.  Limited opportunity to do so too given we only have six home games left this season (more if we progress in the cup and stay in a playoff spot ofcourse).

15 minutes ago, RC_Bairn said:

I agree it is total income.  However we were told that the Board had increased the income targets for this season in order to fill the void.  My point is that if we've yet to reach 100% of last season's figures yet, then we haven't even started to meet the extra.  Limited opportunity to do so too given we only have six home games left this season (more if we progress in the cup and stay in a playoff spot ofcourse).

At the end of November - that was 7 weeks ago 

Would be nice if the FTV interviewer asked some of the questions fans wouldn't mind hearing answers on.

'Any update on how long the injured players will be out for?'

'What positions are you looking to recruit for this window?'

Edited by FFC 1876