The Falkirk FC Thread

5 minutes ago, Chinatoon Bairn said:

Inspect element job. Same photo as an article from 2016.

Why search for a new photo when you already have one on the system? Article also mentions it's him returning for his second loan, so there is some hope.

It’s possible the board are still hoping for further investment to bring in as much as possible, or that terms are still being discussed with the likes of MR and SA.

However, they were understandably forthright about the situation when the begging bowl came out, so I do think the wider fanbase deserve the same transparency when it comes to announcing that the gap has been filled.

Edited by PedroMoutinho

Guest Brockvillenomore
Just now, PedroMoutinho said:

It’s possible the board are still hoping for further investment to bring in as much as possible, or that terms are still being discussed with the likes of MR and SA/

However, they were understandably forthright about the situation when the begging bowl came out, so I do think the wider fanbase deserve the same transparency when it comes to announcing that the gap has been filled.

This begging bowl narrative has always puzzled me. They’re asking people to invest in the club and the team.  People can either say yes, or no. Yes means McGlynn can invest in the team, while no means he can’t  

Thats a straightforward choice, the fans either support being fan owned club, or they don’t. 

If the majority continue to opt out the number and quality of the squad will suffer.

Fans either want fan ownership or they don’t. If they do more than 620 are required and those who say they want it but don’t contribute need to get that into their heads. Nothing has changed since the start of the season. 

If every ST holder was contributing to FSS at the current average (tweet from them today calculates at £12/month) then we would bring in over £330k per year instead of the 90k. That’s 82% of the hole each season. 

Edited by Back Post Misses

2 hours ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Simply by definition that cannot be true. Public domain means, “the state of belonging or being available to the public as a whole.”

Unless I have missed it, there has been no announcement to the wider support.

So were those sponsors sworn to secrecy?

I thought the announcement to sponsors was the funding gap was near being filled but not formalised yet. Would be weird to announce that officially in case you then had to go back on it. Saying that it was a while ago now so I would hope in that time things have been completed. 

1 hour ago, Back Post Misses said:

Fans either want fan ownership or they don’t. If they do more than 620 are required and those who say they want it but don’t contribute need to get that into their heads. Nothing has changed since the start of the season. 

If every ST holder was contributing to FSS at the current average (tweet from them today calculates at £12/month) then we would bring in over £330k per year instead of the 90k. That’s 60% of the hole each season. 

100% ST contributing never going to happen but upward of 50% should be achievable.

41 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

100% ST contributing never going to happen but upward of 50% should be achievable.

Said weeks ago, with the previous/current circumstances it would be a struggle to attract significant numbers. Covid/Redundancy/Inflation/Soaring Fuel/Energy/Food costs. Add on four seasons of absolute shite with players not fit to wear the jerseys. It was always going to be a struggle.

Should we achieve promotion this year I would expect numbers to get near four digits. As said a decent season or two in the championship would expect numbers to increase.

11 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Said weeks ago, with the previous/current circumstances it would be a struggle to attract significant numbers. Covid/Redundancy/Inflation/Soaring Fuel/Energy/Food costs. Add on four seasons of absolute shite with players not fit to wear the jerseys. It was always going to be a struggle.

Should we achieve promotion this year I would expect numbers to get near four digits. As said a decent season or two in the championship would expect numbers to increase.

I see that the FSS now plan to have pop-up stands in the concourses with members available to help and encourage people to sign up. This is something that I suggested a while ago because some folk won't know how to go about applying on line and some maybe just need a wee push to sign up which they wouldn't get if left to their own devices.

I'd be interested to know the reasons of those posters on here that haven't yet signed up. Would maybe give some indication of the issues we face in getting folk on board.

4 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

I see that the FSS now plan to have pop-up stands in the concourses with members available to help and encourage people to sign up. This is something that I suggested a while ago because some folk won't know how to go about applying on line and some maybe just need a wee push to sign up which they wouldn't get if left to their own devices.

I'd be interested to know the reasons of those posters on here that haven't yet signed up. Would maybe give some indication of the issues we face in getting folk on board.

Can't underestimate how lazy folk can be..... Give them an opportunity to do it there and then rather than have to Google it later, and you will get more 

8 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

I'm planning on signing up next month, I feel like it's not really been made clear on how you actually sign up. Would maybe also get more traction if the club itself posted about it? (They may have done that already, I maybe missed it)

52 minutes ago, SouthStander1876 said:

I'm planning on signing up next month, I feel like it's not really been made clear on how you actually sign up. Would maybe also get more traction if the club itself posted about it? (They may have done that already, I maybe missed it)

Apologies in advance but I'm not sure it could be any clearer than what's described here: https://falkirksupporters.org/subscribe/

1 minute ago, Braes_Bairn said:

Personally I think the FSS model is all wrong, why would I sign up to pay £10 a month when I get nothing in return? I’d be much more likely to sign up to a share shave scheme where you actually get shares in your name.

You can buy shares yourself if you want, and as a voting block of one, you will have no say whatsoever in the direction of the club, which is the entire point of fss 

Edited by Bairnardo

5 minutes ago, Braes_Bairn said:

Personally I think the FSS model is all wrong, why would I sign up to pay £10 a month when I get nothing in return? I’d be much more likely to sign up to a share shave scheme where you actually get shares in your name.

You realise there is nothing stopping you from buying shares in your own name individually if you want to? If that’s what you want to do it’s totally your call obviously but I’d much rather my contribution went under the FFS umbrella, the point is strength in numbers where the group as a whole owns a significant share in the club giving the supporters actual power, owning a small shareholding individually doesn’t do that. The FSS should be looked upon as a supporters union, the more members the bigger the shareholding, the bigger the influence and the larger financial contribution which essentially filters through to (in theory) being able to afford better players in the pitch. 

6 minutes ago, Braes_Bairn said:

The idea is to give fans a voice in the boardroom by becoming owners (or part owners) of the club. A majority shareholding will ensure that we can't be taken over by the Mark Campbells of this world who almost certainly had some ulterior motive in wanting to own us. You won't achieve that by buying shares on your own (unless you're seriously loaded).

If you can afford it, and we're talking as little as a tenner a month, then I would urge you to visit one of the pop-up stands at our next home game and get signed up.

I’d also like to see some sort of sharesave scheme alongside the FFS. I think there would be an opportunity to attract people who want something a bit more tangible for their money and also the opportunity to hold shares and vote in their own name (as futile as some may view that).

I appreciate that part of the FSS goal is to build a voting block of supporters, but my view would be that we should put getting money in the door over idealism at this stage.