The Falkirk FC Thread

2 hours ago, Springfield said:

Can’t argue, but more fans we get attending away games would be a great gesture.

I agree It definitely would be, I just think that all free funds should be given to McGlynn cause I don't think he's got much to play with at the moment.  If we're opening up the North Stand again for the 100 odd away fans, I wouldn't mind us seeing an effort to bring the Primary/Secondary school kids going for free like we were doing a few seasons back. That's something that wouldn't cost the club any money and would bring a bigger crowd/potential new fans in.

Plus having the north stand fuller is always a good thing in my book. 

13 hours ago, Ecosse83 said:

11 assists in 20 league games for Nesbitt this season but aye it was only Clyde we we were playing yesterday….. can’t make it up! 

Either that or it’s that most of them apparently came from corners….which I guess some on here think shouldn’t count….

4A3FCF29-BE67-4F20-B9B6-8A537090526C.png

Edited by roman_bairn

12 hours ago, FFC 1876 said:

McGlynn's long lost son, someone on here had mentioned we were after him but it fell through.

Would be ideal if we could get someone similar to Alegria but in reality you're going to niche yourself even further in an already difficult window.

Ah so it was a rumour on here? Must be true then 

10 hours ago, Senor Bairn said:

I agree It definitely would be, I just think that all free funds should be given to McGlynn cause I don't think he's got much to play with at the moment.  If we're opening up the North Stand again for the 100 odd away fans, I wouldn't mind us seeing an effort to bring the Primary/Secondary school kids going for free like we were doing a few seasons back. That's something that wouldn't cost the club any money and would bring a bigger crowd/potential new fans in.

Plus having the north stand fuller is always a good thing in my book. 

Totally agree. This is a no brainer. Creates atmosphere, potentially generates future fans, does something for the community, parents might come, and they potentially spend on refreshments, scarves etc

49 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

Totally agree. This is a no brainer. Creates atmosphere, potentially generates future fans, does something for the community, parents might come, and they potentially spend on refreshments, scarves etc

Apart from the small matter that away fans were moved back to the North stand because they couldn't be segregated. 

Won't this just re-introduce the same issue albeit in the North stand?

2 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

Apart from the small matter that away fans were moved back to the North stand because they couldn't be segregated. 

If I remember correctly there was a point last season where kids and away fans were both in the North Stand. Just had a full section of seats blocked off.

53 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

More room for segregation in the north stand mind you and if it's kids less chance of animosity building up.

1 hour ago, Blame Me said:

I'm pretty sure the North Stand can effectively be split in two with both halves having toilets and a kiosk.

8 minutes ago, Bairney The Dinosaur said:

I'm pretty sure the North Stand can effectively be split in two with both halves having toilets and a kiosk.

If it's a direct replica of the South Stand it surely can be. Just lock that door in the middle and you have 2 completely separate kiosks/toilets

Would also be massively in favour of the free kids tickets returning to the North Stand for the second half of the season 

17 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

If it's a direct replica of the South Stand it surely can be. Just lock that door in the middle and you have 2 completely separate kiosks/toilets

Would also be massively in favour of the free kids tickets returning to the North Stand for the second half of the season 

Absolutely - give out free tickets to local schools, youth clubs and juvenile football clubs. Encourage them to support their local team rather than one of the bigot clubs.

We are entertaining to watch just now, scoring goals and winning games. Now is the right time to influence the next generation of supporters.

2 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Absolutely - give out free tickets to local schools, youth clubs and juvenile football clubs. Encourage them to support their local team rather than one of the bigot clubs.

We are entertaining to watch just now, scoring goals and winning games. Now is the right time to influence the next generation of supporters.

Great shout, unfortunately and speaking factually from a niece who attended the games when the schools were issued with tickets, many parents declined as couldn’t be seen supporting Falkirk.

Edited by Springfield