The Falkirk FC Thread

7 minutes ago, JCFooty72 said:

Any clue why Alegria was recalled on your guys end? Seemed to be doing much better than Thistle loan?

Disappointed to lose Algeria and he was a certainly a fan favourite in the end. There is a player there,  not convinced he would ever make it for rangers but definitely has a good career ahead of hime. Very sad news if the rumour about his mum is true. Wish all the best to him and his family. 

25 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Rumour was it was his Grandfather, not his mother 

Personal issues are personal and we should respect that it could be anything.

Surmising adds nothing and may be hurtful to the individual, we should move on he's gone with the clubs, and fans best wishes that whatever the issue is it is resolved.

I still wouldn't fully rule out Alegria returning, Its obvious that he has been allowed time back in Columbia for family reasons.

We had similar scenario with Rudden getting recalled and returning, tho this one is a more complicated scenario. 

Would rather have a tin of sardines at centre forward than Sammon back.  On the positive side, like how he's lost a ton of weight, yes, he would score a couple of goals, but on the other hand I have watched far too many Falkirk games with Sammon being an absolute passenger.

Edited by Long Suffering Bairn

14 hours ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Agyeman from Kelty would be a good replacement for Alegria.

Don’t suppose that we will be buying anyone any time soon though.

Would be nice to get him from under Dunfermline’s noses.

I wouldn't say we were front runners but he was mentioned in the Dunfermline Press this week and was also named in McPake's Thursday interview which is a bit odd. John Potter says no bids received so we'll see. Apparently English lower league clubs sniffing too so if it comes to money he'll end up down south, I think Salford City were mentioned and they have plenty cash.

FWIW I'd bite your hand off for him but we now have 4 fit strikers again so looks like one would have to be loaned out at least. Wighton has been really good since returning from an early season injury and now well up to speed, Todorov always a nuisance and chips in with goals, McCann returned on Christmas Eve with the winner at Kelty and now O'Hara is back in the squad too. 

13 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Interesting that McGlynn specifically mentions Williamson being back in a few weeks. Certainly doesn’t look like he’s one heading out the door.

Whose going to take a player who never plays? I'm sure John would have him out the door tomorrow if he had the chance. As far as I know he was hawked about a number of clubs including Raith  but we were the only ones stupid enough to sign a player with his injury record.

33 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Interesting that McGlynn specifically mentions Williamson being back in a few weeks. Certainly doesn’t look like he’s one heading out the door.

Who is going to take a crock FFS?