The Falkirk FC Thread

3 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Football is a squad game and you need different options to play different styles during games.

True but I've never thought McGlynn is particularly good at that side of things. 

15 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Surprised at how down you seem with the news, with you predominantly playing one upfront I thought Burrel was the far better player. 

Alegria was better at playing as the lone striker as he could hold the ball in and bring others into the game. He also had a spectacular knack of being in the right place when crosses came in.

There's definitely a player in Burrell he just doesn't look as hungry as Alegria was. He's not as effective as the lone striker as he prefers running the channels and can't really hold the ball in as he's easily bullied. He's still managed 5 goals compared to Alegria's 6 so hopefully he can kick on and prove himself the rest of this season.

Edited by FFC 1876

23 minutes ago, SouthStander1876 said:

Not even half way through the window🤦‍♂️ ...

I get that but we've got three games to negotiate before it closes - Getting past one which could then potentially fund next year and the others are now must win league games.

Rowe was a welcome addition and helps cover Williamson's absence but in letting others go AND the quite unexpected loss of Alegria we're only an injury or two away from a perceived crisis.

Anyone before Saturday would be a boost as waiting and falling further behind is unthinkable.

Not sure if it's been publicised yet, but seating tickets for Edinburgh away on 28th January are on sale if this is of interest for any fans who requires/prefers it, given there's only just over 100 or so to go around. Standing not for sale yet.

https://app.fanbaseclub.com/Fan/Fixtures/Index?fanStoreType=Fixtures&clubId=72

Edited by 18BAIRN76

2 hours ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

Not sure if it's been publicised yet, but seating tickets for Edinburgh away on 28th January are on sale if this is of interest for any fans who requires/prefers it, given there's only just over 100 or so to go around. Standing not for sale yet.

https://app.fanbaseclub.com/Fan/Fixtures/Index?fanStoreType=Fixtures&clubId=72

I see Edinburgh have got a new standing bit within the 'D' of the running track now.

Only question is whether the view will be better from there or the 3rd row of the stand, albeit both will be absolute dogshit 

16 minutes ago, SouthStander1876 said:

Anyone heard anything about Scott Tiffoney? Heard a couple people mention him. Supposedly us and pars looking at him.

Was a sand dancer at Morton for me, but he was very young then. I think he did OKish at Livingston and made a huge difference to Partick in this league IIRC

3 hours ago, Blame Me said:

I get that but we've got three games to negotiate before it closes - Getting past one which could then potentially fund next year and the others are now must win league games.

Rowe was a welcome addition and helps cover Williamson's absence but in letting others go AND the quite unexpected loss of Alegria we're only an injury or two away from a perceived crisis.

Anyone before Saturday would be a boost as waiting and falling further behind is unthinkable.

Get the business done early, strengthen the team, give the new signings more time to bed in and get used to the other players / our system, lift the fans. Simples.

Just now, Senor Bairn said:

Scott Tiffoney would be some signing, changed the tide for Partick in the league a few year ago. Where would he play though?

Yeah, realistically you are dropping either Kennedy or Morrison for him as unless I'm mistaken, he's not going through the middle in place of Nesbitt or Lawal I dont think. 

20 minutes ago, Senor Bairn said:

Scott Tiffoney would be some signing ...

Is that realistic...? Surely there would be serious wailing and gnashing of teeth in Maryhill were that to happen. I'd go so far as to say teeth would indeed be gnashed.

Edited by Otis Blue