The Falkirk FC Thread

21 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Alegria to return to the box office promotion juggernaut next week #itk 

Hope so. Would be a wee relief not to have to go shopping for the physical guy up front.... Tbf, folk saying its family stuff going on last week... You have to give folk time in these situations. Unless there's genuine ITK kicking about I sincerely doubt Alegria made any decisions until he got home to whatever it was is going on. 

Fingers crossed his situation is OK and he comes back to us. 

7 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Hope so. Would be a wee relief not to have to go shopping for the physical guy up front.... Tbf, folk saying its family stuff going on last week... You have to give folk time in these situations. Unless there's genuine ITK kicking about I sincerely doubt Alegria made any decisions until he got home to whatever it was is going on. 

Information I got came directly from another player who is a friend of a friend of mine. Obviously a bit of he said/she said but wouldn't count it out.

1 hour ago, SouthStander1876 said:

Obviously very much in the minority, but I'd have absolutely no interest in him returning. He had an excellent debut, looked decent his first couple of games, unfortunate to be injured early on, but after that offered nothing more than the (very) occasional flash. Did nothing at all at Cappielow and summation of Morton fans from his time there was "complete sand dancer" . I don't see what he offers that's any different or of an upgrade on what we already have. If Alegria is gone we are crying out for someone with a bit of physicality and presence up top. Oliver's performance on Saturday simply highlighted how woefully lacking we are in these qualities. 

Given the limitations of the financial situation, he'd be way down the list of priorities. Absolutely no thanks.

5 minutes ago, AGPar said:

Obviously very much in the minority, but I'd have absolutely no interest in him returning. He had an excellent debut, looked decent his first couple of games, unfortunate to be injured early on, but after that offered nothing more than the (very) occasional flash. Did nothing at all at Cappielow and summation of Morton fans from his time there was "complete sand dancer" . I don't see what he offers that's any different or of an upgrade on what we already have. If Alegria is gone we are crying out for someone with a bit of physicality and presence up top. Oliver's performance on Saturday simply highlighted how woefully lacking we are in these qualities. 

Given the limitations of the financial situation, he'd be way down the list of priorities. Absolutely no thanks.

Yeah... Whilst I wouldnt be gutted if we signed him, I certainly am not paying any mind to where he goes and don't feel any real desire to see him back.

I think he would probably do OK in our system, but last season was very much just a guy with a bit about him surrounded by utter mediocrity and guys phoning it in being made to look more than the sum of his parts. 

Plus, for me, he could absolutely be bullied out the game from what I seen. Loved hitting the deck but didn't want to know once he got hit for real. We need less (ideally none) of that in our squad, not more. 

1 hour ago, AGPar said:

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

Yeah... Whilst I wouldnt be gutted if we signed him, I certainly am not paying any mind to where he goes and don't feel any real desire to see him back.

I think he would probably do OK in our system, but last season was very much just a guy with a bit about him surrounded by utter mediocrity and guys phoning it in being made to look more than the sum of his parts. 

Plus, for me, he could absolutely be bullied out the game from what I seen. Loved hitting the deck but didn't want to know once he got hit for real. We need less (ideally none) of that in our squad, not more. 

Don't think I'd be in any rush to bring him back either. Fine if he was in addition to Burrell and Alegria but not as a replacement. Like you I felt he started very well with us in his stint here but the enthusiasm seemed to evaporate when things weren't going so well for him.

Wouldn’t want to sign Kabia, got the heart of a pea, and went missing in battle like the rest of them when we needed a turn from him last season. If we need to sign another forward I’m sure McGlynn will find better.

Edited by NUMBER 7

3 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Yeah. I think we have to remember there is a person at the heart of this first and foremost then a footballer.

There’s been a lot of speculation about Alegria and his family - I just hope and pray that everything works out well for the laddie.

No to Kabia.  He goes down in a tackle like he has been shot and rolls around pretending.  Yes, he would score a couple, but in the main he'd be on his bum with his arms outstretched claiming for a free kick that wouldn't come.

Edited by Long Suffering Bairn

1 hour ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Yeah. I think we have to remember there is a person at the heart of this first and foremost then a footballer.

There’s been a lot of speculation about Alegria and his family - I just hope and pray that everything works out well for the laddie.

🙌🙏

1 hour ago, Senor Bairn said:

No to Kabia, part of one of the worst Falkirk sides I've seen in my life time. No ta x 

Same with me. Even if he was half decent he is too similar to Burrell anyway. If Alegria is away we need someone of his ilk.