The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Options are a left footed Mackie who is a left back not a centre back and McKay who is not the best.

Not disastrous to have centre backs stronger on the same side and at this level Watson is a good option.

Henderson is another option IMO once we get a CM to play with McGinn 

Edited by Back Post Misses

12 minutes ago, Bairney The Dinosaur said:

There's been some awful shouts this season. Alegria being a donkey, McCann not good enough etc 

Even when McCann is on a bad game he has still been above average, I would def have him a shoe in for player of the year as he has been consistent.

2 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Not for me.

I think Mccall played him out wide instead of upfront so hard to judge his stint there but he's about 5ft 4 so I doubt he'd make a decent lone striker.

I can’t see McGlynn wanting someone that small 

1 minute ago, Back Post Misses said:

Mccann may just have changed his fear of midgets. I doubt it aswell though, if Alegria's out for a decent amount of time the rangers may do us a favour and loan us someone else.

I'm hoping Alegria's situation isn't too serious though and we get him back soon as he's been brilliant.

11 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Mccann may just have changed his fear of midgets. I doubt it aswell though, if Alegria's out for a decent amount of time the rangers may do us a favour and loan us someone else.

I'm hoping Alegria's situation isn't too serious though and we get him back soon as he's been brilliant.

Does anyone know what the situation is with Alegria ? Hopefully nothing to serious.

15 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

I have no idea if it's true or not, but I think the source of the rumour is a facebook post made by someone who said last January that Cal Morrison had signed for Hamilton. Because he missed one game due to covid. 

As always, time will tell. 

6 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

I have no idea if it's true or not, but I think the source of the rumour is a facebook post made by someone who said last January that Cal Morrison had signed for Hamilton. Because he missed one game due to covid. 

As always, time will tell. 

If they really want to do us a favour they could send Lowry our way. 

21 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Does anyone know what the situation is with Alegria ? Hopefully nothing to serious.

McGlynn said in the pre Montrose interview that it was a family emergency that he had to go.

58 minutes ago, Bairney The Dinosaur said:

There's been some awful shouts this season. Alegria being a donkey, McCann not good enough etc 

I don’t think anyone has said McCann wasn’t good enough based on his performances this season. He was poor last season (albeit with not a huge amount of game time) and I think McGlynn would have been perfectly entitled to move him on based on that.

Clearly he has been excellent this season and he deserves praise for that.

3 hours ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

After the Clyde game the next 4 matches are away from home. Two against Alloa. 5 of the next 6 games are away. 

Said earlier our season will be shaped by the first couple of weeks in Feb, and what we do in the transfer window. Intrigued when the rearranged game with our noisy neighbours will take place.

29 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Said earlier our season will be shaped by the first couple of weeks in Feb, and what we do in the transfer window. Intrigued when the rearranged game with our noisy neighbours will take place.

A Pars fan at my work has heard suggestions that Dunfermline want to wait and see what happens in the next round of the cup and if both teams exit their preference is to schedule the game for 11th February to minimise the impact on their financial losses vs a midweek fixture.

12 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

A Pars fan at my work has heard suggestions that Dunfermline want to wait and see what happens in the next round of the cup and if both teams exit their preference is to schedule the game for 11th February to minimise the impact on their financial losses vs a midweek fixture.

We'd better make sure that we win our cup game then, yes? Would hate to be helping their financial situation. Although obviously it would be a shame for our fans to miss out on a Saturday game.

Edited by Bairn in Exile

So, anyone clued up on this latest OF loan player? Tony Weston? Was recently on loan at plastic whistle.

Edited by Duncan Freemason