The Falkirk FC Thread

Feel like the only thing that could justify Morrison leaving would be getting in at least 2 or 3 other good players (midfielder, winger, striker) as a result of the money brought in. That is also assuming the money goes to the playing budget and I would be disappointed if it didn't. 

8 hours ago, MrDust said:

I'm not keen on playing Burrell as a wide player. I can't see Burrell do the defending part that is expected of the wide role, being wide as a lone striker is a million miles away from playing wide 😶

Quoting Jeffries and above Lambie regarding transfers is ridiculous, it's 30yrs ago and the market has changed massively. 

Also anyone stating 100k for Morrison obviously hasn't stopped drinking from new year. 50k is the absolute top end and only if English clubs are interested, Scottish market it's more likely between 20-30k tops.

We can only hope some of our squad fillers will go with a bunch of fivers and a part time contract elsewhere. We will be stuck with a lot of them tho 😠

The markets changed and we're in league one but it's the same process though .  It's only worth moving him on if you get enough money in to allow you to improve the side as a whole. If it's 30k then he won't be going anywhere. He's under contract and only a very good deal would see him move on.  We're more likely to be stuck with what we have unless we can create some wriggle room some how.

11 minutes ago, Rugster said:

I see the wee greaseball is back at Cove. 

Well that’s encouraging. Cove don’t have any diminutive sand dancers at the moment, and if there’s one type of player that Hartley loves, it’s diminutive sand dancers.

Hartley couldn't have planned it any better to be honest, make a load of lazy scottish signings, get a decent pay off after a few months of being horrid and then head back home.

Cove got the sweetner from Hartlepool and coincidently appointed a right shite manager ensuring nobody would bat an eyelid when he was sacked for the returning fud.

17 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

I see Hogarth’s confirmed as away. Probably the right decision as it should free up wages that can be used elsewhere but I can see Morrison costing us points between now and the end of the season.

Hogarth was no Mallo or McGovern, that's for sure, but I still felt we were a bit more secure with him in goal than either PJ or Martin. I agree though that we shouldn't be trying to keep him because we need the money elsewhere.

PJ will be first pick now which worries me a bit because the guy looks bereft of confidence at the moment. Can only hope that he kicks on from here and proves me wrong big time! 

Can I make a plea here too folks? Please don't boo the guy if he makes a mistake. Some players can easily shake that kind of thing off but I don't think PJ would. Also, being the goalie, he's nowhere to hide, he's right there in front of the booing and it'll be at the front of his mind the next time he's involved in the action. Let's try to encourage the guy and build his confidence instead.

19 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

I see Hogarth’s confirmed as away. Probably the right decision as it should free up wages that can be used elsewhere but I can see Morrison costing us points between now and the end of the season.

May be a million miles off, but McGlynns interview had a hint of parent club maybe asking for more money (maybe some monies) for Hogarth staying. Not sure there’s a wad of cash behind his wages.

It would be madness for us to let Calumn Morrison go unless it's mental money. We simply aren't going to get better. He frustrates me as much as the next fan but he's one of the main guys we rely on. Even Burrell etc have plenty bad days. We are in league 1, we won't get anyone better. 

Unfortunate that Hogarth is away, He done a decent job, my only criticism is perhaps a bit dodgy with near post shots but overall excellent. We were all OK with PJ at start of season so let's back him. He had a bit of a ropey game against qots but he's only just come back, let's give him a run before making our minds up. 

Edited by Hartleys18/19Army

Prior to PJ Morrison getting injured at Airdrie we had only conceded 2 goals in 5 games. One goal conceded in the whole of the league cup which was a penalty at Bonnyrigg and one in the Airdrie game before he got injured that he couldn't do anything about. 

Give the boy time to get back up to speed.

Edited by FFC 1876

The difficulty with PJ is the timing.  I agree he should get some games but we have to move in January if we decide we need someone more solid in (ie if PJ messes up in the next few games).  GK is too important a position to hope for the best.   

My preference would be to try and move Martin on now and then bring in another loan as cover/replacement if needed.  

Edited by Proudtobeabairn

46 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

I'd be shocked if we were paying any of his wages tbh.  At the time it was a convenient move for both parties - Hogarth was guaranteed game time while PJ was injured, plus he's a local boy who could provide his own accommodation thus saving FFC some money.  I guess now that PJ is back we couldn't guarantee that Hogarth would start and although Forest won't need the money they'd probably prefer to pay him to play for their 23s rather than sit on our bench.

1 hour ago, RC_Bairn said:

I'd be shocked if we were paying any of his wages tbh.  At the time it was a convenient move for both parties - Hogarth was guaranteed game time while PJ was injured, plus he's a local boy who could provide his own accommodation thus saving FFC some money.  I guess now that PJ is back we couldn't guarantee that Hogarth would start and although Forest won't need the money they'd probably prefer to pay him to play for their 23s rather than sit on our bench.

If you listen to the JM interview he says forest moved the goalposts, so either wanted more money or guarantee of game time, given PJ’s performances the last 2 games I’d say they wanted us to contribute more money to his wage, cause he would deffo be 1st choice imo.

I'd keep Morrison until the summer and then cash in if we don't go up. Difference between another season down here and getting promoted is about £75-100K in prize money for this season and next. We could obviously take the money now, recruit well and still go up but I'm not massively confident we'll get someone in of the same quality this window.