The Falkirk FC Thread

Happy to see Morrison moved on if it will allow us to improve in key positions. One of the disappearing trio who vanish all too often when the going gets rough.

I would want another winger in though as Mcguffie and Kennedy won’t be adequate cover.

Ross, Hetherington, Nesbitt and Mcguffie next please.

Unless Paul McMullan is poached from us (which is a possibility I suppose) then I can't see us offering much more than a pittance for a squad player tbh. 

I can't imagine there's much in it if I'm honest. 

He's also giving me Declan McDaid vibes from the way you lads are speaking (I know McDaid was significantly worse for other teams than us) which gives me nightmares.

We'd only show genuine interest in paying a fee if your board were willing to have their bellies tickled IMO.

7 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Unless Paul McMullan is poached from us (which is a possibility I suppose) then I can't see us offering much more than a pittance for a squad player tbh. 

I can't imagine there's much in it if I'm honest. 

He's also giving me Declan McDaid vibes from the way you lads are speaking (I know McDaid was significantly worse for other teams than us) which gives me nightmares.

We'd only show genuine interest in paying a fee if your board were willing to have their bellies tickled IMO.

Morrison twice the player McDaid is. 

For all the flack Morrison rightly gets for his inconsistent performances, when he does turn it on there is no other player in the league who can do what he does.  If it wasn't for his regular bouts of invisibility in many games, he would easily be playing in the Premier.  That's why we still have him - he runs hot and cold. 

He must have single handedly won us around 20 dreary games that were heading for draws in the past few years with a momentary flash of skill.  I'd keep him in a heart beat as no one on our kind of money could do what he can do.

Edited by Long Suffering Bairn
mistake

Morrison is about as good a winger as you're going to get at this level, with the cover McGlynn already has out wide he might fancy re investing in another couple of positions? That or with the well publicised finances the board would like some cash? 

I like him as a player though. 

9 minutes ago, Would you believe it said:

Burrell played up front that game but made a few good runs down the right hand side when we were countering.

I think there’s merit in trying Burrell wide. It would allow us to bring him into the side alongside Alegria.

im not that fussed about Morrison. Although we have definitely won games due to his contributions, I think we’ve also dropped points due to his poorer contributions too. It’s part of the reason we blow hot and cold all season and why we are only really play off contenders….

19 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Morrison is about as good a winger as you're going to get at this level, with the cover McGlynn already has out wide he might fancy re investing in another couple of positions? That or with the well publicised finances the board would like some cash? 

I like him as a player though. 

We don’t really have a lot of cover out wide. The only other natural wingers in the squad are Kennedy who has been decent but inconsistent and McGuffie, who has contributed very little.

Personally I wouldn’t like to see Burrell shunted out wide either.

Incidentally this is the assist table in the division. Nesbitt has nearly twice as many assists as anyone else bar on in the league.

if he could just add a few goals to his contribution he could be a really decent player.

it does suggest he’s an unselfish player, something Morrison certainly isn’t……

022E92DF-6D95-4077-900B-81FDC10F41B3.png

2 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Incidentally this is the assist table in the division. Nesbitt has nearly twice as many assists as anyone else bar on in the league.

if he could just add a few goals to his contribution he could be a really decent player.

it does suggest he’s an unselfish player, something Morrison certainly isn’t……

022E92DF-6D95-4077-900B-81FDC10F41B3.png

Almost all of Nesbitt’s assists have been from corners I believe. The more prescient statistic in my view for him is, as you allude to, 18 league games and no goals, which illustrates Nesbitt’s lack of end product.

If I was choosing which one to punt out of Nesbitt and Morrison, I’d get rid of Nesbitt any day.

23 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Almost all of Nesbitt’s assists have been from corners I believe. The more prescient statistic in my view for him is, as you allude to, 18 league games and no goals, which illustrates Nesbitt’s lack of end product.

If I was choosing which one to punt out of Nesbitt and Morrison, I’d get rid of Nesbitt any day.

Irrespective, I think given that it’s McGuffie that’s fallen out of favour of recent, he trumps both in terms of McGlynn’s first choice of departure …..

I don't really see him as a proper winger Morrison not in the traditional sense. ,Certainly a totally different player to no neck. He doesn't really have much in the way of tricks in his locker which means he rarely beats a man from a standing start. Has a bit of pace although wouldn't say he's electric. His crossing is a bit of a mixed bag but he has a very good strike on him though which has lead to a number of worldies over the past few seasons.  Frustrating at times but I'd be loathe to lose him without the deal allowing us to bring in 2 or 3.

2 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

If we could sign anyone in this division, I’d be looking at Ruari Paton. Anyone know what his contract position is at QoS??…

Expires this Summer and was linked with us (St Johnstone) a couple of weeks ago.

Guest Caractacus Potts

Morrison has been one of the best players in this league the past 3 seasons and our most creative player. Letting him leave would be a terrible move.