The Falkirk FC Thread

40 minutes ago, ilostmyself said:

7 points behind at the halfway stage isn't quite last chance saloon but I'd agree we have to win on Monday. Dunfermline just look like title winners, seem to get the job done most weeks and then winning at TFS was a disaster. Can't count on other teams taking points off them.

A win on Monday for us and some decent reinforcements to improve the starting 11 early January will hopefully give us some momentum

Nah, we are miles off last chance saloon. March or April for that stuff to surface.

Winning at their place would be huge. All that you could hope for is that them getting beaten might be enough to cause a bit of a wobble in their form, and doing something like win four league games on the bounce……something we haven’t done for a lot of years.

Thing is, it’s the sort of scenario we’ve been talking about for three or four years now in relation to one game or another, and it hasn’t happened yet.

18 hours ago, Roboccop said:

Out of interest what’s happened to Pearse Carrol ? Loaned out or still on fringes of the first team? 

He was injured for a while and presumably only returned to fitness recently.

If you look at team lines he was listed as a sub in the last two games against QOTS and Dundee. Prior to that he was missing from all subs benches for a couple of months, despite there often being space for him. The last time I saw him play was in a closed-door game up at Perth at the end of September. 

1 hour ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Nah, we are miles off last chance saloon. March or April for that stuff to surface.

Winning at their place would be huge. All that you could hope for is that them getting beaten might be enough to cause a bit of a wobble in their form, and doing something like win four league games on the bounce……something we haven’t done for a lot of years.

Thing is, it’s the sort of scenario we’ve been talking about for three or four years now in relation to one game or another, and it hasn’t happened yet.

For me it’s three points if we’re serious about going up. A draw would suit Fife, however lose and it’s over. What bottle we have would disappear as quick as Williamson getting injured.

2 hours ago, Springfield said:

For me it’s three points if we’re serious about going up. A draw would suit Fife, however lose and it’s over. What bottle we have would disappear as quick as Williamson getting injured.

It would be just our luck to go there and win and then lose the next game. 

24 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Don’t think your far away. Mackie will drop out for Henderson, and McGlynn will have the team set up like majority of season, with one up.

It will be something like that. McGlynn’s primary aim will be to avoid defeat as he knows fine well the consequences of getting beaten. If McGlynn was offered a point right now, I think he’d take it.

13 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

It will be something like that. McGlynn’s primary aim will be to avoid defeat as he knows fine well the consequences of getting beaten. If McGlynn was offered a point right now, I think he’d take it.

Totally agree. That’s why without two or three in, it’s for me another season down here. 

I think McGlynn would be a bit more adventurous once/if he gets the right sort of players signed up. The chances of that happening in January are pretty slim.

We have eight or nine players with the right stuff, and two or three regulars who simply aren’t up to it, so as things stand, second place is looking like the best we can hope for (unless January sees three good ‘uns arrive).

Guest Ecosse83

Would be surprised if he didn’t start Henderson in the middle now after his cameo last game. He’s exactly what we need in there with his presence but can also pick a pass. 

I might be a bit drunk but I think we will win on Monday! 

3 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

What a load of utter bollocks

10 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

If that is how McGlynn is thinking we would be as well chucking it now. We are 7 points behind and a draw is only good to the Pars. We need to start clawing back the deficit as they are showing no signs of a slump and we are showing no signs of going on a winning streak.

He may have been handed a wildcard with the way Henderson played in midfield against QOS and in my opinion he has to use it. McPake knows what to expect and will set them up accordingly. It’s up to McGlynn to come up with something different to get us a victory that in my opinion we need.

We are half way through season and if we have aspirations of getting promotion, the last thing we need is a draw. We need to start winning games and it’s pointless beating teams one week then drawing or losing the next Saturday. There’s very little give in the league so far and apart from Fife and the bottom two teams, arguably there’s five/six teams who probably fancy a play off spot.

Fife will be happy to take a point and as we saw last game, a difficult team to break down, so hoping McGlynn has the balls to have a go………..