The Falkirk FC Thread

The transfer window really brings out the best of this forum. One minute we should be signing a striker from the 9th division, the next we should be signing Sibbald who’s just played 90mins and scored in the Premier League.

I’m gona suggest we maybe aim somewhere in between those 2 but it’s just a suggestion. 

10 hours ago, Springfield said:

Nothing like a bit of trawling. If McGlynn and the hierarchy are serious about getting out this shiter of a league, I’d be hoping that every avenue is explored with players that can make a difference. Sibbs may be untouchable but if there’s a chance you never know…..maybe you’re happy to piss around this league for another season, if we can bridge a gap of 400K, a deal with the likes of Sibbs can’t be discounted.

If the guys in charge have serious ambitions of getting out this league, it’s guys like Sibbald will make a difference.

What sort of money do you think he is on there? 

36 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Anything between 120 and 150 grand by the time appearance, win and bonuses are added.

I’d be surprised now if there are many Premiership First team squad players on less than 90 and 100 grand. 

Unfortunately most fans don’t realise these are the kind of going rates.

11 hours ago, Hank von Hell said:

He won't need much factor 50 in Victoria, tell him to pack a brolly and not to throw away his big jaekit.

PS - NPL is not a good level.  

It's alright saying an overweight Griffiths couldn't cut it across there but fairly certain he was playing in the A league. If Wilson is playing at a lot lower level then he might actually resemble a footballer. 

13 hours ago, Springfield said:

Nothing like a bit of trawling. If McGlynn and the hierarchy are serious about getting out this shiter of a league, I’d be hoping that every avenue is explored with players that can make a difference. Sibbs may be untouchable but if there’s a chance you never know…..maybe you’re happy to piss around this league for another season, if we can bridge a gap of 400K, a deal with the likes of Sibbs can’t be discounted.

If the guys in charge have serious ambitions of getting out this league, it’s guys like Sibbald will make a difference.

The league we are is and our player churn over the last few years does not help. The quality needed will have better and more reliable offers out there and that is how it is no amount of wishful thinking will change it.

Best way to go is a few loan deals that hopefully gets us over the line and out of the league.

Once that is achieved the squad needs dumped with a few exceptions as just not good enough to stay up as the Dundee game proved the current lot won't cut it.

14 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

The league we are is and our player churn over the last few years does not help. The quality needed will have better and more reliable offers out there and that is how it is no amount of wishful thinking will change it.

This week, I will mostly be saying churn(ed). As always.

Jesse Fast Show Blank Template - Imgflip

36 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Once that is achieved the squad needs dumped with a few exceptions as just not good enough to stay up as the Dundee game proved the current lot won't cut it.

You've contradicted yourself. 

9 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Best way to go is a few loan deals that hopefully gets us over the line and out of the league.

Agree, the point I was making is that we need to somehow get two/three players in that are better than what we’ve got. No easy task in January but sometimes managers can get lucky. Sibbs was used as an example only, as believe his playing time has been limited, and maybe worth an ask.

Its not stopped the club paying ridiculously high wages to the likes of Griffiths last season.

2 hours ago, ebobsboy said:

It's alright saying an overweight Griffiths couldn't cut it across there but fairly certain he was playing in the A league. If Wilson is playing at a lot lower level then he might actually resemble a footballer. 

Griffiths played in State League 1 which I believe is below the NPL (which then feeds the A-League).  So Wilson is going to a higher level than Griffiths was at.  

5 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

5 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

He played and scored for Utd last night - he’s not signing for us.

4 hours ago, NUMBER 7 said:

Anything between 120 and 150 grand by the time appearance, win and bonuses are added.

I’d be surprised now if there are many Premiership First team squad players on less than 90 and 100 grand. 

Unfortunately most fans don’t realise these are the kind of going rates.

4 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

I know that sadly some of our support believe in Unicorns 

You boys just don't get it! If you don't ask you don't get!

I've also heard that Messi and Ronaldo want to play together before it's too late and have always liked the central belt of Scotland!

1 hour ago, Springfield said:

Agree, the point I was making is that we need to somehow get two/three players in that are better than what we’ve got. No easy task in January but sometimes managers can get lucky. Sibbs was used as an example only, as believe his playing time has been limited, and maybe worth an ask.

Its not stopped the club paying ridiculously high wages to the likes of Griffiths last season.

Right Back and 2 engine room players in the middle of the park are desperately needed. It's obvious that the opposition see Falkirk as a soft touch and get stuck in at the start on our midfield.

Will get the best out of McGinn to create chances for the forwards while protecting a defense that sadly always have a silly goal to lose at any time.

So if a team in a higher division have suitable players requiring 1st team games in a competitive league then if McGlynn is doing his joub has them lined up for signing next week.

We will soon know