The Falkirk FC Thread

3 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

Cameron Blues is captain of a team 4th in the Championship. 

Blues isn't our captain, he just took the armband against Falkirk when Gillespie was out, but yes he's an ever present and playing well.

To be fair he is the one of the best examples of a player transformed by Imrie. With the other three managers he's played under for us he looked miles out of his depth in the Championship, and was held up as the prime example of everything wrong with David Hopkin's recruitment. This time last year no Morton fan would have batted an eyelid at the suggestion he wasn't good enough for League One.

Incredible what working with a competent manager can do for a player.

1 hour ago, Back Post Misses said:

Not good enough for us but is captaining in the Championship? FFS will Falkirk fans ever learn? You will have Morton fans like @virginton slaughtering you for that sort of comment. 

Really BPM? Inviting that arsehole onto our thread? It's bad enough when he comes here uninvited. You could have picked any other Morten fan, surely?

28 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

I see the evening times are linking us with Calvin Miller at left back. Bit of a weird one unless Mcglynn is planning to play Henderson in midfield with Mackie at CB and is looking for an extra body to cover that at left back.

https://www.glasgowtimes.co.uk/sport/23215866.ex-celtic-kid-calvin-miller-on-radar-morton-falkirk/

Would have though RB would be a priority, however if he’s a left side wing back, especially with a position we’re comfortable with, are we looking at potentials for the likes of Morrison & Kennedy moving on?

32 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

Blues isn't our captain, he just took the armband against Falkirk when Gillespie was out, but yes he's an ever present and playing well.

To be fair he is the one of the best examples of a player transformed by Imrie. With the other three managers he's played under for us he looked miles out of his depth in the Championship, and was held up as the prime example of everything wrong with David Hopkin's recruitment. This time last year no Morton fan would have batted an eyelid at the suggestion he wasn't good enough for League One.

Incredible what working with a competent manager can do for a player.

Probably backs up where I was coming from. Blues would have been good enough with patience and coaching. We just discarded for what? 

25 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Probably backs up where I was coming from. Blues would have been good enough with patience and coaching. We just discarded for what? 

Because he failed to show he was anywhere near the standard required under multiple managers.

Presumably Marcus Haber just needed patience and coaching giving his goal scoring in Cambodia?

1 hour ago, PedroMoutinho said:

I see the evening times are linking us with Calvin Miller at left back. Bit of a weird one unless Mcglynn is planning to play Henderson in midfield with Mackie at CB and is looking for an extra body to cover that at left back.

https://www.glasgowtimes.co.uk/sport/23215866.ex-celtic-kid-calvin-miller-on-radar-morton-falkirk/

According to the championship thread he's been training with Morton since he was released by Chesterfield so I'd imagine/hope he'll be signing with them unless McGlynn fancies him as a left winger.

He's got a good engine on him but I can't say i've ever been that impressed with him.

1 hour ago, Back Post Misses said:

Who is advocating throwing all our resource at the Academy? 

Was wondering where this was was mentioned myself. I don’t read all the time but can’t see anyone saying throw everything at an academy.

Actually everyone seems to be saying the same thing but Pedro still seems upset about it. 

Lawell, Burrell, Yeats are all decent enough ‘non academy graduates’ to clarify that it’s not ‘all in for academy’ in fact weren’t people saying we have a longer term plan for higher status in SFA programme? Don’t get what the knicker wetting from some on here is about. I don’t see anyone disputing that we need to get out this league first and foremost. 

26 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

You could have said the same thing for about a dozen players who have been shite for us in the last 5 years. 

Bottom line is that he was shite when he was with us and was rightly binned.  Whatever he goes on to do there is totally irrelevant.

Not just him from what I’ve heard. I believe others who were involved in a coaching/management capacity have been pushing for the same thing.

Now you are talking shite as there is only the CEO left who was in a senior capacity.  
I don’t know of one person who thinks that the Academy as it was should be brought back immediately. 

3 minutes ago, latapythelegend said:

You could have said the same thing for about a dozen players who have been shite for us in the last 5 years. 

Bottom line is that he was shite when he was with us and was rightly binned.  Whatever he goes on to do there is totally irrelevant.

He was a kid when we got shot. 

8 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Because he failed to show he was anywhere near the standard required under multiple managers.

Presumably Marcus Haber just needed patience and coaching giving his goal scoring in Cambodia?

Are you still on the Christmas sherry? Blues left as a kid and Haber was a senior pro when he signed for us. The two are completely different cases. 

1 minute ago, Back Post Misses said:

He was a kid when we got shot. 

20 I think? Hardly a child. For comparison, Sibbald had racked up 100 appearances by 20. Jay Fulton and Stephen Kingsley 80.

Maybe we just got used to the quality of the players coming through in the years before but it was clear to see he wasn't at the same level. 

I mentioned this on here a few weeks back as I know someone who’s mates with his dad. I think his likely destination is Morton.

Guest Ecosse83

Football is littered with players that were released as youngsters and went on to improve at other clubs. It’s part and parcel of football 🤷‍♂️

Not sure what the argument is with Blues but we need an academy of some sort, the club felt soulless without it! 

In my view the current academy set-up- I.e. under 18 and under 16 sides with possibly a reserve side if we are in the championship is the way to go unless and until we are secure in the premier league.

Personally I don’t think it’s an effective use of resources for a club below that level to be funding teams at every age group from under 9 with multiple full time staff etc.