The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I know your a fan of PJ’s and rate him highly and respect your opinion as I do with most things however will disagree with you on this one.

I don’t think he’s good enough and goalkeeper is a position that if you don’t get it right then it can effect the whole team if the confidence isn’t there.

Happy for him to prove me wrong though and at games he’ll get my full support.

Let’s get this straight where have I said I am a fan or I rate him highly?

The jury is out for me but he is a young lad who has been out for 3 months+ and was doing fairly well when he got injured. I am saying give him a break and a little time to see if playing games brings him on again 

50 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

Did any of you hear the 2 clowns in the South Stand last night? Constantly shouting abuse at individual players, mostly the keeper! I mean I’m by no means a happy clapper and everyone is entitled to their opinions but they 2 were total fanny’s. It was actually embarrassing listening to them 🤦‍♂️

Aye, I heard them. PJ wasn't good but he looks to me that he suffers from lack of confidence when things go wrong so getting on his back individually does him no good at all. There were also a fair few boos when we went two down. I'm not a happy clapper either but I can't be arsed with all of the booing when there's 3/4 of the game still to play!

McGlynn said last night that Hogarth goes back on January 3rd so I'd play him against Dunfermline. It's too big a game to play a keeper who's rusty and low on confidence IMO.

4 hours ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Just got my tickets for EEP but I expect it to be the same type of game as the game at TFS. I can’t see them opening up even though they are at home. McPake will use tactics that have worked so well for him in the past. It’s probably going to be a tight affair, we have to tighten up at the back and take any chances that come our way. 

If they beat Kelty today then we have to beat them, get beat and it’s game over for me, couldn’t see us clawing 10 points back on them. On the flip side, even a draw for them today and we beat them then it’s game on big style.

Where are the tickets available? 

3 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

McGlynn said last night that Hogarth goes back on January 3rd so I'd play him against Dunfermline. It's too big a game to play a keeper who's rusty and low on confidence IMO.

I think Hogarth is the better keeper but having now played Morrison the last two games, surely it will absolutely destroy his confidence if he takes him out for Dunfermline now.

If it’a going to be Morrison going forward we’re maybe going to have to stick with him but agree Hogarth gives us the best chance of winning the game.

1 hour ago, Ecosse83 said:

Did any of you hear the 2 clowns in the South Stand last night? Constantly shouting abuse at individual players, mostly the keeper! I mean I’m by no means a happy clapper and everyone is entitled to their opinions but they 2 were total fanny’s. It was actually embarrassing listening to them 🤦‍♂️

We were sitting nearby and it was a barrage of abuse at players.  It's not supporting your team to be constantly on our players' backs... far less after just twenty something minutes.  Late in the second half, once we were back in the lead, there were two guys in seperate groups that gave some verbals back to the two fannies that they should STFU.

3 hours ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

I wouldnt be dropping Kennedy. Like Morrison he can be a bit frustrating but also produces moments of real quality. Probably our best set piece taker as well. Worth bearing in mind that was only his 4th start for us last night, I'm sure the understanding between him and McCann will develop. 

Hogarth is a better keeper than PJM for me but if him going back to Notts Forrest frees up some money for McGlynn to bring in one of the well documented RB, CM or ST we are crying out for it's probably the sensible move to make 

The only thing I'd say about playing Kennedy against Dunfermline is that they shut him out the game completely at TFS. They obviously know all about him having played there . I wouldn't mind seeing burrell playinf wide as his pace will give their fullbacks a real test. Who knows hopefully kelty will do us a turn today.

53 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Kelty winning one nil. If they could hold on to that it would be a nice early Xmas present.

Ach well not to be perhaps. God knows how Edinburgh are still in second place. One of the worst sides we've played.

Tbf they’ve won 11 of their games so far so can obviously carve out results.

3 hours ago, Hughsie said:

I think Hogarth is the better keeper but having now played Morrison the last two games, surely it will absolutely destroy his confidence if he takes him out for Dunfermline now.

If it’a going to be Morrison going forward we’re maybe going to have to stick with him but agree Hogarth gives us the best chance of winning the game.

I don't think it would do PJ any harm if McGlynn handled the situation properly and explained his reasons for doing it. PJ obviously knows himself that he's had very little game time and that it would be a risk to play him in such an important game.

1 hour ago, ShaggerG said:

I don't think it would do PJ any harm if McGlynn handled the situation properly and explained his reasons for doing it. PJ obviously knows himself that he's had very little game time and that it would be a risk to play him in such an important game.

Mcglynn should pick the best players available As manager he doesn’t need to explain his choice or reasons to any player - if PJ had played well against Dundee & QOS then he’d be first choice . He didn’t so his cost is on a shaky peg - he needs to shape up or ship out simple - !

9 minutes ago, Stainrod said:

Mcglynn should pick the best players available As manager he doesn’t need to explain his choice or reasons to any player - if PJ had played well against Dundee & QOS then he’d be first choice . He didn’t so his cost is on a shaky peg - he needs to shape up or ship out simple - !

It's not really that simple though.

We're losing Hogarth and PJ will be 1st choice from then on so he needs to handle the situation properly to make sure that a) Hogarth plays v Dunfermline and b) Morrison is ready to take over in the right frame of mind.

Players are people and all different. One man's kick up the arse is another's arm round the shoulder. If you see what I mean?

5 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

It's not really that simple though.

We're losing Hogarth and PJ will be 1st choice from then on so he needs to handle the situation properly to make sure that a) Hogarth plays v Dunfermline and b) Morrison is ready to take over in the right frame of mind.

Players are people and all different. One man's kick up the arse is another's arm round the shoulder. If you see what I mean?

No shortage of arse kicking down at the stadium then?

Edited by Springfield

2 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Tbf they’ve won 11 of their games so far so can obviously carve out results.

God knows how their brutal and yet still ahead of us and the likes of Airdrie and Montrose who have looked far better outfits. QoS have taken 11 goals off them in 3 games and they're piss poor as we saw last night.

Edited by Shodwall cat

19 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I cant speak to what PJ was like lastnight, but he barely put a foot wrong before his injury. I have no idea what folk have been watching that he's suddenly a bad keeper.

Was absolutely fine. 

Having watched the highlights the goals that he lost weren't as bad as I first thought. The free-kick looked like it was going over but took a sudden dip and the other one was right in the corner. It was the fucking about by Morrison and then the decision by McKay to bring the boy down that was more culpable for their first and Nesbitt being weak and failing to clear for the second.

Having said that, he looked very nervous all night and I think he's got some work to do convince us that he's worthy of being first choice.

5 hours ago, bairn88 said:

If my maths is correct that win took us to 2 more points accrued at home than the whole of last season - by December. 

Been little improvement according to some though