The Falkirk FC Thread

We're too predictable formation wise and that must be a dream for opposition managers. 

Drop Oliver and Nesbitt for Burrell and Henderson and have Burrell play just behind Algeria.  

Not sure Dunfermline would have a clue how that team on paper would look formation wise as could easily be 4-4-2 or 4-5-1 

Burrell and Algeria both consistently offer more than the likes of Oliver & Nesbitt despite one of them usually having to come off the bench. 

Edited by Proudtobeabairn

The midfield is so ineffective just now. I thought Henderson made the difference tonight after he came in and would probably give him a run there.

I don’t think he’s ideally the answer but he at least gives us a bit of physical presence in there.

Just about as pleasing as the result is our (overdue) abandonment of “corners being turned” or “at last, everything is starting to click into place”.

We continue to ship insanely soft goals, but we are now capable of turning it around against the softest of opposition. Last season, we’d probably have accepted 2-2 as a result.

We are still a bit disjointed, and even by L1 standards, we still don’t look like the real deal. We are probably still three players away from being real contenders. I guess that isn’t too shabby given what we were witnessing in the second half of last season.

1 hour ago, Bigbrbairn said:

Just heard McGlynn post match interview and hurried to check if co-codamol was a legal substance because of the opiate codeine. It is permitted thankfully!

Fair play to McGlynn for thanking Jaime Wilson for his time with us, shows a bit of class. You often get these sound bites from managers but I do feel that he means every word.

I've watched and re-watched the highlights and our 5th goal is a belter!

Firstly, Kennedy has the speed of thought and tenacity to get back and intercept the wayward Queens pass before quickly releasing the ball to Burrell who then sends a perfectly weighted through ball for Morrison to run on to. While Morrison is torturing the Queens defender and turning him inside and out, Burrell and Kennedy have burst a gut to get up in support of Morrison just as he slots it past the keeper. A fantastic team goal!

As a few have mentioned started very comfortable, then a crazy couple of minutes which our defending/goalkeeping was brutal. Got the leveller and a decent second 45. If truth be told the introduction of Henderson changed the game and made our middle so much stronger. Three/four players are just not good enough, but a mention for Kennedy, a great overall performance. Hoping McGlynn can get a couple in which we desperately need.

8 hours ago, bairn88 said:

Well that was pretty fun on a dismal night. 

Even the most ardent of Mcglynn fans would say there are giant, League 1 sized holes in our team. However, at 1-2 down, I think we would’ve lost that game in our past 2 seasons - we’ve gone on to win it, scoring 5. Very happy with that improvement. 

Team picks itself for next week, maybe barring Alegria v Burrell - probably has to be Burrell though. Seen a few complaints over Morrison too - not sure what he could’ve done for those 2 goals??

Morrison, 

Yeats Donaldson Mackie McCann 

Mcginn Henderson 

Morrison Nesbitt Kennedy 

Burrell 

Been very critical of Henderson but played himself into the team next week. 10/10 cameo performance 

Don’t agree it picks itself. McKay will play RB for his physical presence because of Hoofball Athletics tactics and Algeria is much more physical than Burrell so will play for the same reason. 

Just got my tickets for EEP but I expect it to be the same type of game as the game at TFS. I can’t see them opening up even though they are at home. McPake will use tactics that have worked so well for him in the past. It’s probably going to be a tight affair, we have to tighten up at the back and take any chances that come our way. 

If they beat Kelty today then we have to beat them, get beat and it’s game over for me, couldn’t see us clawing 10 points back on them. On the flip side, even a draw for them today and we beat them then it’s game on big style.

Guest Ecosse83

Martin

mckay. Donaldson Mackie mccan

mcginn Henderson 

morrison Burrell Kennedy 

alegria 

I’d go with something like that. Keeper looks short on confidence and Martin so far to me looks better in the air defending crosses. Henderson needs to start and would love to see Burrell in the team but not leading the line from the start it hasn’t been very effective lately. 

Was working last night so missed the game unfortunately.  Having watched the highlights it looked to me  like Morrison thought their first goal was going wide as he's standing right beside it and although it's well placed should surely have been able to make an effort to save it.  Some excellent stuff from big Juan. Great instinctive finish for the first then a great assist later. Was a bit unlucky with the second half miss as he's diving in just trying to get contact on it.  Why the feck were we wearing red last night?

11 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

Martin

mckay. Donaldson Mackie mccan

mcginn Henderson 

morrison Burrell Kennedy 

alegria 

I’d go with something like that. Keeper looks short on confidence and Martin so far to me looks better in the air defending crosses. Henderson needs to start and would love to see Burrell in the team but not leading the line from the start it hasn’t been very effective lately. 

I don't think he'll change the keeper. He's obviously trying to get him game time and back playing regularly. 

Guest Ecosse83
12 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

I don't think he'll change the keeper. He's obviously trying to get him game time and back playing regularly. 

You’re probably right but keeper does look very rusty right now. Game time will help obviously.

QoS have 2 blue kits, away one is just a lot lighter but still blue 

6 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

You’re probably right but keeper does look very rusty right now. Game time will help obviously.

QoS have 2 blue kits, away one is just a lot lighter but still blue 

He certainly does. I reckon he'll get a few more starts and then we'll see where we are. I'm not wholly convinced by him anyway and I was a bit surprised mcglynn didn't pick up a more experienced number one in the summer as he normally has gone down that road in the past.