The Falkirk FC Thread

1 minute ago, Ecosse83 said:

Oliver useless, Nesbitt will still get the flak on here though becuase of who signed him 

Both were absolutely shite.

Henderson coming into the middle was a very good sub by McGlynn and changed the game in our favour. Also thought Kennedy had a pretty good game and Morrison looked more dangerous than he has for a while.

1 minute ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

Both were absolutely shite.

Henderson coming into the middle was a very good sub by McGlynn and changed the game in our favour. Also thought Kennedy had a pretty good game and Morrison looked more dangerous than he has for a while.

Hopefully PJ is just struggling after being out so long ...he was solid enough before his injury & fine in his loan spell...just sharpness surely 

24 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Got there in the end tonight but QOS are absolutely honking bar Paton & Wilson. All about winning and it's good to see the goals spread round the team. McGlynn needs to get his team selection spot on in the scum game now or they'll shitfest us to another loss.

Morrison
Mckay Donaldson Mackie Mccann
McGinn Henderson
Morrison Oliver Kennedy
Alegria

Agree other than yeats in for Oliver. Henderson has been dodgy at the back but was like a young Crawford babtie in midfield today. . Prior to him coming in there today we were way to lightweight . He may prefer to be centre half but he’s much more effective in centre mid. 

1 minute ago, Stainrod said:

Agree other than yeats in for Oliver. Henderson has been dodgy at the back but was like a young Crawford babtie in midfield today. . Prior to him coming in there today we were way to lightweight . He may prefer to be centre half but he’s much more effective in centre mid. 

I think he played a bit for Arbroath in CM.... If he can help shore it up there and expose us to less of his bombscaring at CH it might be a goer.... Probably not every week though. 

How was young Finn tonight?

Keeper is a major worry imo - was never that convinced by him at his time with us last time or his performances pre injury. Scott Fox sounds like a decent shout. 100% need a right back and probably another centre mid (if budget constraints allow). Paton and Wilson are their two best players. Would definitely be looking at them for next season. Wilson on a two year deal but if Queens drop to part time next year there may be an option in his contract. 

And for the love of god Mcglynn please play two up top against Dunfermline! 

Edited by Big chungus

So, Nesbitt. First 10 mins or so, he had a couple of good touches; his goal assist was unfortunately for QotS 2nd, then when we're struggling at 1-2 he was nowhere to be seen. 

2nd half he ran about a lot, admittedly he does look for the ball but without really doing anything with it. He has no presence in a physical contest - didn't see him win a single tackle in midfield. When we really needed to dominate midfield, or make a killer pass, particularly at 2-2, it didn't come from him.  QotS aren't very good, so if he cant be effective against them tonight, then who?   Nah, he's not for me. 

Guest Ecosse83

Nesbitt isn’t for me long term either, not many of our squad are to be fair but Oliver offers nothing at all and it’s still Nesbitt that gets it. 

Anyway weird but nice 3 points, hopefully Kelty can do something tomorrow now 

Second half was a lot better and whilst we were helped by Queens being garbage we were still clinical enough to take our chances. The only time they looked threatening in that second half was when PJ was doing his best Leo Fasan impressions. He inspires absolutely no confidence whatsoever.

Fair play to McGlynn with the double sub obviously I along with pretty much everyone else thought it was mental at the one but both really seemed to work out. Burrell had the legs and tormented their rancid defence as much as Alegria did and Henderson was great in the middle of the park. A real physical presence with a bit of dig that really helped us get on the ball higher up the park. Very impressed with him in there.

All 3 goals were taken very well. The deft touch finish from Burrell was absolutely class. Aye we were helped by Queens not marking Henderson but was a peach of a cross from Kennedy and the last was the pick of the bunch for us. Good play from Burrell to get Morrison through on goal but the quality was all from Morrison rinsed whatever jobber defender tried to track back and put Currie on his arse. 
The MoM tonight could easily have went to either Morrison or Kennedy both having really good games and hopefully gives us a lot of confidence going into the Dunfermline game next week.

15 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

That was a very weird game tonight, first half in control then just fell apart and all over the place. 2nd half comfortable again. 

Keeper is a big worry now, pretty awful when called upon. 

Oliver useless, Nesbitt will still get the flak on here though becuase of who signed him

Henderson in the middle is a must now, having him there might just make our season!  

Agreed very weird game. Still too many not good enough and there was no way anybody saw us winning that 5-2. I'm not so sure we got better as opposed to managerless QoS folding like a deck of cards. Ultimately it's three points. On to EEP when absolutely every player will need to be on point. 

11 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I think he played a bit for Arbroath in CM.... If he can help shore it up there and expose us to less of his bombscaring at CH it might be a goer.... Probably not every week though. 

How was young Finn tonight?

I think ok is about as good as it really gets for Yeats at right back. Defensively he got caught out a few times particularly second half getting dragged towards the ball and leaving space in behind and he never really offers much going forward.

Feel a bit for him having to constantly play out of position and whilst he was by no means the worst of the back 4 tonight he still looks pretty uncomfortable there imo.

4 minutes ago, Russ said:

I think ok is about as good as it really gets for Yeats at right back. Defensively he got caught out a few times particularly second half getting dragged towards the ball and leaving space in behind and he never really offers much going forward.

Feel a bit for him having to constantly play out of position and whilst he was by no means the worst of the back 4 tonight he still looks pretty uncomfortable there imo.

Could tell Finn didn’t want to go far too forward with McKay being his cover which is fair enough thought Finn was solid but as said before it’ll be Donaldson in for yeats on the 2nd.

Something else tonight that I’ve never really noticed before was when playing our from the back McCann would go into the middle of the park a lot with Oliver/Nesbitt moving into his space at left back. He got on the ball a few times but never really led to anything. Just a wee tactical change that I don’t think we’ve done before.

11 minutes ago, Russ said:

Something else tonight that I’ve never really noticed before was when playing our from the back McCann would go into the middle of the park a lot with Oliver/Nesbitt moving into his space at left back. He got on the ball a few times but never really led to anything. Just a wee tactical change that I don’t think we’ve done before.

The league 1 Greg Taylor.

Well that was pretty fun on a dismal night. 

Even the most ardent of Mcglynn fans would say there are giant, League 1 sized holes in our team. However, at 1-2 down, I think we would’ve lost that game in our past 2 seasons - we’ve gone on to win it, scoring 5. Very happy with that improvement. 

Team picks itself for next week, maybe barring Alegria v Burrell - probably has to be Burrell though. Seen a few complaints over Morrison too - not sure what he could’ve done for those 2 goals??

Morrison, 

Yeats Donaldson Mackie McCann 

Mcginn Henderson 

Morrison Nesbitt Kennedy 

Burrell 

Been very critical of Henderson but played himself into the team next week. 10/10 cameo performance 

4 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

Well that was pretty fun on a dismal night. 

Even the most ardent of Mcglynn fans would say there are giant, League 1 sized holes in our team. However, at 1-2 down, I think we would’ve lost that game in our past 2 seasons - we’ve gone on to win it, scoring 5. Very happy with that improvement. 

Team picks itself for next week, maybe barring Alegria v Burrell - probably has to be Burrell though. Seen a few complaints over Morrison too - not sure what he could’ve done for those 2 goals??

Morrison, 

Yeats Donaldson Mackie McCann 

Mcginn Henderson 

Morrison Nesbitt Kennedy 

Burrell 

Been very critical of Henderson but played himself into the team next week. 10/10 cameo performance 

Has to be Alegria against them. He’s more physical against Benedictus to hold the ball up. Burrell to come on when they tire IMO.

11 minutes ago, Bigbrbairn said:

When we went 1-2 down i seriously doubted my sanity sitting in the KM7 stand on a cold December night watching that crap. Second half made me glad i turned out! Though Henderson and Burrell made a big difference.  Juan was doing well but i feel that the fresh legs up front floored them

Aye, the subs made a big difference. Having said that I thought that Henderson was getting a lot of space in the middle, I'd play him there against Dunfermline but he surely won't get so much time on the ball v them? I thought Burrell ran them ragged when he came on. I'd like to see him and Alegria together but that would probably mean dropping Morrison who, as we know, can be a match winner. Both of his goals tonight were very well taken.

PJ gives me the fear I'm afraid. Just stood and watched the ball go over his head at the free kick although I reckon he maybe thought it was clearing the bar. I thought he could have done a bit better with the second as well although the ball was right into the corner. As it stands though I think we'll need to play him (or Martin) as Hogarth will surely be going back to Forest to release some funds?

1 minute ago, Tea and Busquets said:

Has to be Alegria against them. He’s more physical against Benedictus to hold the ball up. Burrell to come on when they tire IMO.

With the caveat of not being there tonight, I said before I think Alegria has earned his shot, and a goal/assist tonight it would be very harsh to drop him just because Burrell got one off the bench. 

Give them a different challenge to start with. We know what Burrell can do to them if they come out at us, but I don't think they will neccesarily feel compelled to do so just because they are at home. Once again like last time, a draw is not only better for them than us, it would be a satisfactory outcome for them probably. 

I think the game is naturally more open with them being at home, but not to the extent Burrell can do what he did in the first game at EEP.

Alegria to start, Burrell on if the circumstances favour it