The Falkirk FC Thread

2 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Wow. Just wow. The “assists” stats keeps on getting bandied about for a player who contributes as close to the square root of nowt as it’s possible to get. I take it seven or eight meaningful passes in 16 or 17 games by a full time pro against predominantly part time sides marks him out as a key component in our side.

Top tip……ignore his one pass every second game, and watch his meaningful contribution (and by that, I don’t mean running around doing nothing) over 90 minutes and you might see why he needs to be jettisoned as soon as possible.

I suppose it’s all about opinions, but I would be amazed if McGlynn doesn’t get rid of Nesbitt at the end of the season. I would have rated Telfer as a superior sand dancer type, and he hasn’t done much since leaving us, and Nesbitt will go the same way.

As far as gauging a player’s worth, I think I am just fine. A far poorer team without Nesbitt? Deary me. So last season, where would we have finished without Nesbitt’s contribution? A key member of our Bermuda Triangle midfield both then and now.

But assists are a massive part of the game of course, he’s the best in our team at creating chances so that why he is a key player for us and why he’s started all bar 2 games for us this season.

Can we get better than him? Probably yes. But he’s nowhere near as bad as some make him out to be. His short passing can be wayward and his goal return is terrible but for me in general his positives outweigh his negatives. He’s a good presser, very forward thinking with the ball, has got good close control, good engine on him (I’m sure he covers the most distance per game within the team) and when he’s played wide he’s good at getting back and helping out the full back. 

McGlynn may or may not get rid at the end of the season but it’s certain that he’ll be here until then. I’m not too sure what you’re looking for from last season comment. He was nowhere near good enough last season. Nobody was. For me that doesn’t change the fact that, imo, he is a key player for us this season and we’re a better team with him than without.

18 minutes ago, Russ said:

But assists are a massive part of the game of course, he’s the best in our team at creating chances so that why he is a key player for us and why he’s started all bar 2 games for us this season.

Can we get better than him? Probably yes. But he’s nowhere near as bad as some make him out to be. His short passing can be wayward and his goal return is terrible but for me in general his positives outweigh his negatives. He’s a good presser, very forward thinking with the ball, has got good close control, good engine on him (I’m sure he covers the most distance per game within the team) and when he’s played wide he’s good at getting back and helping out the full back. 

McGlynn may or may not get rid at the end of the season but it’s certain that he’ll be here until then. I’m not too sure what you’re looking for from last season comment. He was nowhere near good enough last season. Nobody was. For me that doesn’t change the fact that, imo, he is a key player for us this season and we’re a better team with him than without.

The majority of those assists were from corners, the only one I can think of from open play that was a good piece of creativity is the Morrison goal at the scum. Two others are the fact he gave the ball to Lawal & Mccann in the Edinburgh game and they went on to provide their own magic.

17 games and 0 goals in the league for a number 10 is a shocking return. Especially given we only play with one upfront so we need the players in behind to chip in. 

I'll never accuse him of not trying as he's constantly running about looking for the ball, he just rarely ever does anything of note with it.

3 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

The majority of those assists were from corners, the only one I can think of from open play that was a good piece of creativity is the Morrison goal at the scum. Two others are the fact he gave the ball to Lawal & Mccann in the Edinburgh game and they went on to provide their own magic.

17 games and 0 goals in the league for a number 10 is a shocking return. Especially given we only play with one upfront so we need the players in behind to chip in. 

I'll never accuse him of not trying as he's constantly running about looking for the ball, he just rarely ever does anything of note with it.

Whether we think Nesbitt is good enough or not isn’t really relevant as McGlynn keeps picking him therefore clearly either see’s something in him that a lot of posters don’t or he’s not been able to find/afford a better player to replace him yet.

FWIW Am going to watch Nesbitt's efforts especially tonight then chip in to this debate post-match.  

Getting off the fence pre-match; I think he flatters to deceive. Nothing like the level of contribution we should expect from him creatively, and nowhere to be seen when going gets tough.

Tonight its wet, cold, and needs guys to be aggressive and force QotS onto the back foot.  Does that sound like Nesbitt to anyone? 

8 minutes ago, Tea and Busquets said:

Well I said on here McGlynn can’t be blamed for certain situations and I stand by that. Totally comfortable until Morrison tries to turn rather than pass (typical him). Where I do blame McGlynn however is the keeper choice. 

Continuously playing dross like Nesbitt every week? Persisting with one striker, which he’ll no doubt alter with his wee sub at 60 mins? Having one method of playing which teams have come to expect and not budging or deviating from it slightly? I like McGlynn,  but this idea he can’t be blamed for how the team is (under)performing is fucking bonkers.

Edited by 18BAIRN76

15 minutes ago, Tea and Busquets said:

Well I said on here McGlynn can’t be blamed for certain situations and I stand by that. Totally comfortable until Morrison tries to turn rather than pass (typical him). Where I do blame McGlynn however is the keeper choice. 

If the result stays like this, and a long way to go, Kelty win tomorrow and we are 3 points off 3rd bottom, Dunfermline win tomorrow and we are 10 points off top. Either way, not good enough and any Falkirk fan that thinks it is needs their head examined.

Edited by Grangemouth Bairn

Been unfair had we been behind but we are turning the ball over in dangerous areas and it cost the two goals. 
Alegria has those two CH’s on toast. 
Front 3 have done well apart from Morrison giving the ball away at the first goal 

What a fucking weird first half. We were completely on top for the first 20 minutes and deserved the goal when it came. But after that f**k me. Terrible decision from Morrison ran right into 2 players to give the ball away which led to the free kick for the goal. 2nd was a collection of utter shite. Wild pass from McKay to Nesbitt then he tries to control a ball he’s not got a chance in hell of doing and loses it then PJ gets nowhere near a shot he should be saving.

Good play from Alegria to get Morrison in to get the equaliser right before half time but it’s nowhere near good enough. QoS are absolutely shite and for 20 minutes we could barely string 2 passes together.

When we play with some tempo and get players in around Alegria/Burrell we’re very dangerous but we spend far too much of our time leaving our striker isolated and playing nothing balls around the middle of the park going nowhere.