The Falkirk FC Thread

20 hours ago, Hank von Hell said:

A top coach/manager gets the best out of & improves average players.

For example Bielsa at Leeds took a team that finished 14th in the Championship, won it by a good distance, and finished 9th in EPL all with the same players he inherited. Kalvin Philips was on his way out of Leeds when Bielsa arrived, now he plays for Man Citeh and England.    

Not comparing McGlynn to Bielsa, and not saying JM isn't a good coach but it's all relative - and I'd hoped he'd have done better with some of these players that were here when he came.   

Took Bielsa 2 seasons to win the championship with Leeds first season with him in charge they lost to Derby in the play offs. 

19 minutes ago, 60`s bairn said:

Red socks and it wouldn`t be a million miles away.

AV6K6197.JPG

This was a good one, I actually like it as it is with the navy socks. Seems to be a controversial thing to say on here but I’m not fussed on having red on our strips, navy/white and as simple a design as possible for me please. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

1 hour ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

Appreciate this seasons current top was ordered by the previous bunch of incompetents but never want navy shorts again. Such a boring point but I’ll say it till I’m blue in the face. Falkirk home kits should have white shorts xxx

100%

1 hour ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

Appreciate this seasons current top was ordered by the previous bunch of incompetents but never want navy shorts again. Such a boring point but I’ll say it till I’m blue in the face. Falkirk home kits should have white shorts xxx

This.

We're blue, we're WHITE, we're f*cking dynamite, not

We're blue, we're blue, we're f*cking dynamite

3 hours ago, LatapyBairn. said:

This was a good one, I actually like it as it is with the navy socks. Seems to be a controversial thing to say on here but I’m not fussed on having red on our strips, navy/white and as simple a design as possible for me please. 

Not red on our strips but would say that i defo like red as an away colour, least favourite are these yellow versions and light blue. Reverse of Navy White, with main colour being white is suitable. 

7 hours ago, BountyBairn said:

Not red on our strips but would say that i defo like red as an away colour, least favourite are these yellow versions and light blue. Reverse of Navy White, with main colour being white is suitable. 

Not sure why light blue ever became a thing.

There's for sure a move by big clubs in England to bring out particularly 3rd kits that are groundbreaking (tasteless) to court the yoof, the Asian and the American markets.

We need to stick to our traditional colours but I'd include yellow as one of those due to the recent(ish) history and results associated with that colour. 

When I think of light blue all I can recall is our brief embarrassment in Europe.

Our away strip has to be white for me, yellow is acceptable if we ever get in the position again of requiring a third strip. Red would never be an option for me, we’ve never had a red away strip I’ve liked. All about opinions though.

Edited by Harry Kinnear

7 hours ago, Hank von Hell said:

Not sure why light blue ever became a thing.

There's for sure a move by big clubs in England to bring out particularly 3rd kits that are groundbreaking (tasteless) to court the yoof, the Asian and the American markets.

We need to stick to our traditional colours but I'd include yellow as one of those due to the recent(ish) history and results associated with that colour. 

When I think of light blue all I can recall is our brief embarrassment in Europe.

And knocking Celtic out of the LC.

On 10/12/2022 at 14:23, Reggie Perrin said:

Nothing at all against the lad personally, comes across well when interviewed but his injury record is horrific and seems to be getting worse.

Quite right that a duty of care is due by the club as his employer but his situation appears chronic and if it is at all possible to reach an agreement to terminate his contract then that would be in the clubs best interest.

Should it be, as some have speculated here, mental health issues then that is a different issue altogether and appropriate support should be given.

https://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/23183457.investigation-players-cast-adrift-reality-spfl-injury-laid-bare/?ref=wa

Been trying to think of late.... How do you pin down our recent dip in form....  I'm not sure where I consider the starting point to be where we began to look a bit off it, and it's not immediately obvious what changed. 

The only thing I can think of that for me definitely ties in with how we have looked, and something I can pick out as a definite change from McGlynn, is the dropping of Finn Yeats from the side. 

14 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Been trying to think of late.... How do you pin down our recent dip in form....  I'm not sure where I consider the starting point to be where we began to look a bit off it, and it's not immediately obvious what changed. 

The only thing I can think of that for me definitely ties in with how we have looked, and something I can pick out as a definite change from McGlynn, is the dropping of Finn Yeats from the side. 

Not sure maybe coincidence, however just feel we’re watching an improved version of the shite and some charlatans we’ve been accustomed to. Desperately hoping that Santas got a big sack.