The Falkirk FC Thread

25 minutes ago, Mon_Eh_Bairns2018 said:

Honestly need to actually attack our opponents dead on. We keep playing the ball around defence and down the wings only to whip it into 5'10 burrell or 5'5 Kennedy etc. Or, all we seem to do now is hoof the ball up the park to our single striker. Surely it would then just make sense to play 2 up top, either being a 442 or 352 etc??

I said months ago that a 3-5-2 would suit the players that we have, however, that was way back in the days that Williamson could still get his socks on.

38 minutes ago, Mon_Eh_Bairns2018 said:

Honestly need to actually attack our opponents dead on. We keep playing the ball around defence and down the wings only to whip it into 5'10 burrell or 5'5 Kennedy etc. Or, all we seem to do now is hoof the ball up the park to our single striker. Surely it would then just make sense to play 2 up top, either being a 442 or 352 etc??

When McGlynn had Poplatnik available last year, a player who seemed to do well in that sort of direct approach on the few occasions it happened, he still pushed the pass it around the back and up the wings approach 90+% of the time, it’s what he believes in now. It’s infuriating some of the time, but when it’s clicking, quite satisfying…however, will it win promotion?

4 minutes ago, TxRover said:

When McGlynn had Poplatnik available last year, a player who seemed to do well in that sort of direct approach on the few occasions it happened, he still pushed the pass it around the back and up the wings approach 90+% of the time, it’s what he believes in now. It’s infuriating some of the time, but when it’s clicking, quite satisfying…however, will it win promotion?

Aye, when it works it works, "silky Soccer". But it rarely works, if at all now. All we do is hoof it to burrell who isn't a target man at all. McGlynn's trying targets that rely on too many specific players that we just don't have, but he's so insistent on the 433 and its beginning to hurt us... 

Watched the managers interview again, as the “no embarrassment” still sticking in my throat.
Not sure he’s simply protecting the abhorrent shite he’s witnessed, or can’t see we’re half way through season, and simply a defeat by a team one division up. Hope to hell it’s the first.

1 hour ago, ShaggerG said:

I said months ago that a 3-5-2 would suit the players that we have, however, that was way back in the days that Williamson could still get his socks on.

Don’t hold your breath waiting on McGlynn to play that formation.

4 hours ago, Ecosse83 said:

Fair play to Nesbitt that’s a fair amount of assists, it’s a shame folk have made their minds up on him just because of who signed him 🤷‍♂️

I don't think anyone is even thinking towards who signed him tbh.

If he is powderpuff and misplacing easy passes, the greatest manager in the world signing him won't hide him from criticism. 

McGlynn for me got the starting 11 wrong for me, midfield with Hetherington McGuffie and Nesbitt is a struggle to start playing a team a league up going well where we needed to battle first and foremost. 

Burrell needs support and with that midfield and a centre half at right back, really wasn't gonna happen nevermind him being up against a couple of bears too. 

We need 2 or 3 first team players in to compete for our league top spot and I can't see much business getting done other than loan deals which will be youngsters more than likely.

Guest Back Post Misses
4 hours ago, Bairnoftheyear said:

Promoting unity for fan ownership here. 

Let’s add to it. 
your handle should be Bawbagoftheyear 😁

Thought mcglynns post match interview wasn't too bad. He said he gave players a chance and they didn't take it. I'd take from that against alloa hetherington and mcguffie certainly won't start. Possibly alegria over burrell if he persists with one striker. Morrison and lawal should also start. Kennedy possibly also dropped. Re defence he has challenges due to poor form, injuries and suspensions so may have to make do there.

On another note re some of the Holt signings, in the January window they'll have less than 6 months left on their contract surely that might make them think about moving on IF they can get a contract and game time elsewhere?

Guest Brockvillenomore
19 hours ago, Glenmavis Diamond said:

They shouldn't have to though. Some proper mismanagement, poor budgeting, over-spending going on. Not living within your means then begging for fans to constantly stump up to plug the shortfall is hardly the best way to run a business. Especially when the product on the pitch is bang average. 

We’re a fan owned club. So the only people to stump up are the fans. 
So, your full post is 100% p*sh 😂

For me last night was a line in the sand.

Whilst this competition is a non entity in itself & as such of minimal relevance to the bigger picture of us getting back to where want to be I had hoped that the match would have given McGlyn the opportunity to experiment with formation & team selection.

The fact he stuck to his tried & tested plan A & merely changed personnel in second half is now more than a worrying trend, as this is the most experienced manager we could have attracted at the time of his appointment. From where I see it which i would admit is only a fan’s opinion I sense the lack of a plan B is either indicative of an inflexible stubbornness to change or an ignorant inability to know how to change. Both perspectives don’t give me confidence that he can now halt the slide although I would love to be proven wrong.

For what it’s worth I came up with a formation & selection that he might have tried last night which takes cognisance of current injuries to Henderson, Watson & Williamson

Hogarth in goal although can see the rationale for giving PJ a runout 

A back 3  of Donaldson McKay & Mackie 

McGinn sitting 

Then Morison, Yeats , Lawwell & McCann in middle four 

With Allegria & Burrell up front

If my memory serves me right that is 9 McGlyn signings in this selection 

19 minutes ago, Kircer bairn said:

Whilst this competition is a non entity in itself & as such of minimal relevance to the bigger picture of us getting back to where want to be I had hoped that the match would have given McGlyn the opportunity to experiment with formation & team selection.

The fact he stuck to his tried & tested plan A & merely changed personnel in second half is now more than a worrying trend, as this is the most experienced manager we could have attracted at the time of his appointment. From where I see it which i would admit is only a fan’s opinion I sense the lack of a plan B is either indicative of an inflexible stubbornness to change or an ignorant inability to know how to change. Both perspectives don’t give me confidence that he can now halt the slide although I would love to be proven wrong.

For what it’s worth I came up with a formation & selection that he might have tried last night which takes cognisance of current injuries to Henderson, Watson & Williamson

McGinn sitting 

That would have been worth a try. Only weakness (in formation) would be Morrison playing wing-back. Don't think he's good enough defensively although neither's Williamson TBF.

52 minutes ago, Kircer bairn said:

McGinn sitting 

Great post 

Guest Ecosse83
3 hours ago, MrDust said:

I don't think anyone is even thinking towards who signed him tbh.

If he is powderpuff and misplacing easy passes, the greatest manager in the world signing him won't hide him from criticism. 

McGlynn for me got the starting 11 wrong for me, midfield with Hetherington McGuffie and Nesbitt is a struggle to start playing a team a league up going well where we needed to battle first and foremost. 

Burrell needs support and with that midfield and a centre half at right back, really wasn't gonna happen nevermind him being up against a couple of bears too. 

We need 2 or 3 first team players in to compete for our league top spot and I can't see much business getting done other than loan deals which will be youngsters more than likely.

You must not have read the last 10 pages then 😂