The Falkirk FC Thread

3 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

It’s getting the right 2 to 3 players that worries me and I’m not sure we are good in that respect. Another 2 like PJ or Oliver and I’d rather we didn’t bother tbh.

PJ had a few shocking kick outs last night but he couldn't do anything about the goals and given it was a knee injury he was out with I'm not surprised he had a few skew-wiff kicks on his first game back.

I don't think you'll find anyone arguing with you on Oliver he's rank rotten. 

I'm with @Harry Kinnear the chances of us moving those players on without actually paying them off are slim to none especially given we'll most likely be their last full time club. We all expected McGlynn to work miracles in the summer to move them on and we only managed to pay off Luke Holt.

Midfielders
Stephen Mcginn - 17 games, 2 goals, 5 assists
Callumn Morrison - 17 games, 6 goals, 3 assists
Aidan Nesbitt - 17 games, 9 assists
Craig Mcguffie - 17 games, 1 goal, 1 assist
Finn Yeats - 17 games, 1 assist
Pearse Carroll - 1 game, 1 assist
Kai Kennedy -  11 games, 2 goals, 2 assists
Ola Lawal - 13 games, 3 goals

Strikers
Rumarn Burrell - 15 games, 4 goals
Gary Oliver - 17 games, 3 goals, 1 assist
Juan Alegria - 15 games, 5 goals, 2 assists

The current stats on how our offensive players have performed in the league so far this season. 

Edited by FFC 1876

Guest Ecosse83
17 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Midfielders

Strikers

The current stats on how our offensive players have performed in the league so far this season. 

Fair play to Nesbitt that’s a fair amount of assists, it’s a shame folk have made their minds up on him just because of who signed him 🤷‍♂️

Edited by Ecosse83

1 hour ago, Reggie Perrin said:

McGinn is being hung out to dry by the imposters, Lawal excepted, playing alongside him.

Hardly surprising that he looks tired later in games given the running he has to do to cover other’s inadequacies.

I would persevere with PJ in goal now that he is fit again, obviously very rusty but a big lad and would free up Hogarth wages for hopefully a competent outfielder.

Surely to God the Manager now sees that one central striker is a complete non starter with the players that we have.

Completely agree with the McGinn bit. I remember McGlynn saying something like 'he won't run any marathons' or words to that effect when he signed him so we knew he wouldn't be going box to box with any sort of pace. I still think he strolls most games but he has nobody next to him to share the burden. Lawal's got to start and we should have Alegria and Burrell together. Unlikely for the former, almost definitely not for the latter!

10 hours ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Ever since we dropped into League 1 every season has been the same, appoint a new manager or management team and they are going to be our saviour(s) - then reality kicks in and we get disappointed yet again.

When will we ever learn?

GIF by Groundhog Day

If anyone ever thought M&M, Sheerin or Rennie were going to be our saviours then that's on them.

13 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

Fair play to Nesbitt that’s a fair amount of assists for him, it’s a shame folk have made their minds up on him just because of who signed him 🤷‍♂️

Like many others though he's gone off the boil big time. He was dreadful last night.

7 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

Fair play to Nesbitt that’s a fair amount of assists, it’s a shame folk have made their minds up on him just because of who signed him 🤷‍♂️

I still like Nesbitt. Morrison infuriates me far more.

We're going to make the playoffs this season  and once you're there it's very winnable. I could easily see us sneaking up via that route.

It's an abysmal standard of league though this season. Dunfermline are garbage and they're going to stroll it. I think we should be doing better. Results haven't been good enough.

If you were grading McGlynn I'd say B- just now. 

Guest Ecosse83
11 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Like many others though he's gone off the boil big time. He was dreadful last night.

He has went off the boil but overall the stick he gets is harsh for me! 

Nesbitt is the best of the crud left over from last season in my opinion. Problem is often we've been playing two out of nesbitt, mcguffie and Oliver every week which never works.  Even when yeats plays for some reason mcglynn seems to play him in a more forward role which I can't fathom and doesn't suit him at all.  Mcginn , lawal and a taiwo/Scott Mackenzie  type player would work okay but we don't have one good enough to play that role as hetherington showed last night. 

Guest Ecosse83
9 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

All about opinions but personally I’d be looking to move Nesbitt on as he simply doesn’t offer enough for me in the majority of games.

Yes you’re right it’s all about opinions. I get why Nesbitt is frustrating but for me he adds a bit of tempo to our play and never hides. 9 assists in 17 is a good record as well. Just my opinion though. 

21 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

All about opinions but personally I’d be looking to move Nesbitt on as he simply doesn’t offer enough for me in the majority of games.

If you’d asked me around the Fife away game, I would have probably disagreed, and thought he’d (like a couple of others) had turned the corner, however he’s slightly better than a fan dancer, a bit like Morrison McGuffie McKay where you get a one in ten performance. That’s us half way through season and agree he’s one of eight or nine I’d get shot of. 

Edited by Springfield

20 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

I'd be happy enough if he managed to move some of McKay, Watson, Henderson, Mackie, Hetherington, Nesbitt, Oliver, McGuffie, Malcolm, Wilson, and Ross on if he can get better in. I also wouldn't be too bothered if he sent Kennedy back to Sevco and he really should be sending Hogarth back to Forest now that PJ is fit.

28 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Probably the only time that I will ever agree with you on here but moving Nesbitt would be a sensible move.

Flatters to deceive but probably one of the few we could get a small fee for.

10 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

I'd be happy enough if he managed to move some of McKay, Watson, Henderson, Mackie, Hetherington, Nesbitt, Oliver, McGuffie, Malcolm, Wilson, and Ross on if he can get better in. I also wouldn't be too bothered if he sent Kennedy back to Sevco and he really should be sending Hogarth back to Forest now that PJ is fit.

Out of your list I would

definitely keep Watson and Mackie and probably Henderson.

The rest could easily be replaced by better.

23 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Last nights Dundee game showed the increase in quality required if we did get promoted to stay there.

That was not a particularly good Dundee team and once they had the two goals they played at a canter and always gave the impression they could go up a gear.

Wake up call regarding the improvement required.

Could keep McCann the rest would not be sorry to see the back of.

2 hours ago, FFC 1876 said:

Midfielders

Strikers

Honestly need to actually attack our opponents dead on. We keep playing the ball around defence and down the wings only to whip it into 5'10 burrell or 5'5 Kennedy etc. Or, all we seem to do now is hoof the ball up the park to our single striker. Surely it would then just make sense to play 2 up top, either being a 442 or 352 etc??

39 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Out of your list I would

definitely keep Watson and Mackie and probably Henderson.

The rest could easily be replaced by better.

Aye, I'm not saying that we should bin them all but if, for example, Hamilton or Arbroath or whoever wanted Watson and McGlynn knew that he could get a decent RB or striker in with the wages saved then I'd be happy for that to happen given that we've not seen Watson for months anyway.