The Falkirk FC Thread

8 minutes ago, Newbornbairn said:

Dunno but apparently they've split it into levels. Where I wanted mine around Row N is in the 4th level and they're still selling steps in the 3rd level so I think they must be selling fast. 

To be honest, £50 for 5 years is cheap. Maybe do it per season?

They never actually asked me where I wanted it tbh, I subsequently sent in an email just requesting which stairway I wanted so I can show it to the wean before we take our usual(ish) seats, since il undoubtedly be forced to check on it every week to confirm its still there....

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

They never actually asked me where I wanted it tbh, I subsequently sent in an email just requesting which stairway I wanted so I can show it to the wean before we take our usual(ish) seats, since il undoubtedly be forced to check on it every week to confirm its still there....

They reckoned it might be a week or so until it gets to my level so I won't see it for a while.

5 minutes ago, Bairney The Dinosaur said:

I'm genuinely struggling to distinguish what is a serious post in here. Dead wife one had me in stitches until about half way through.

Fear not. I don’t have a wife (living or dead), and I don’t have a daughter either (living or dead). Just trying to show the preposterous nature of defining “true supporter” criteria. It’s a conversation to nowhere.

Guest Caractacus Potts
17 hours ago, Brockvillenomore said:

The £400k was to the raised by selling shares with the Rawlins buying half that (which was their legal option) and the Patrons nudging up to 26%.

I cba working the exact numbers but that leaves roughly between £100k and £150k for the FSS. 

I’ve no idea where the 4,000 FSS members from. I’ve never heard it mentioned anywhere except here.

I doubt they banked on the Rawlins. Would be naive if it was the case. They left before the board came in. No way were they going to put any more money in to the club. 

Edited by Caractacus Potts

38 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Has anyone got factual information on the stadium deal. Shafted is commonly used on here, be good to know what we actually contribute?

I heard it was in the region of £250k a year which wasn't an issue when we were in the top league and turning over £3 million.

However, the club 'forgot' to add a clause with a sliding scale linking the amount paid to our league position. Hence we continue to pay in League 1 what we would be paying if we were still in the Premier League.  

3 hours ago, Brockers61 said:

I heard it was in the region of £250k a year which wasn't an issue when we were in the top league and turning over £3 million.

However, the club 'forgot' to add a clause with a sliding scale linking the amount paid to our league position. Hence we continue to pay in League 1 what we would be paying if we were still in the Premier League.  

Plus the council will be loading charges for day to day running the facility. Water, Electricity, Cleaning etc all will have a nice% surcharge added on.

The stadium situation has been discussed and debated on the forum before.

The club are screwed and there is no get out unless the club buys out and that ain't going to happen. 

5 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Plus the council will be loading charges for day to day running the facility. Water, Electricity, Cleaning etc all will have a nice% surcharge added on.

The stadium situation has been discussed and debated on the forum before.

The club are screwed and there is no get out unless the club buys out and that ain't going to happen. 

The get out would be to vacate the main stand and only use the seating areas/changing rooms which would cut the council out all together financially. There must be scope to have corporate hospitality and office space in the south stand. Ideally if we had a magic money tree building another stand on the east side with cash generating facilities would be the ideal solution. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

10 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

The get out would be to vacate the main stand and only use the seating areas/changing rooms which would cut the council out all together financially. There must be scope to have corporate hospitality and office space in the south stand. Ideally if we had a magic money tree building another stand on the east side with cash generating facilities would be the ideal solution. 

Suggested that option a while ago and was advised the terms of the lease dictate that we are charged whether we use it or not. In other words FFC are committed to the whole package

30 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Suggested that option a while ago and was advised the terms of the lease dictate that we are charged whether we use it or not. In other words FFC are committed to the whole package

I was told the opposite directly from one of the clubs previous directors, if they don’t use the interior facilities the club does not pay anything, the club are only charged as and when it’s used, it’s not a lease or a rental type agreement. At that time the club were actively considering moving everything to the south stand. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

Frankly the wankfest over Mcglynn is done for me. Yet another performance with poor defending and missed chances. It’s very fortunate Dunfermline dropped points as we’d have been put out of our misery if they hadn’t.

Previous managers would have rightly been slated for the points we’ve dropped.

We may well make the playoffs but we can’t lay a glove on Airdrie, so that doesn’t mean much.

Edited by PedroMoutinho

Disappointing result and performance . No idea why Oliver is starting instead of lawal who was excellent when he came on. Another horrible goal lost.  Thought mcginn was poor today and Kennedy was the best player on the park. No idea either why you bring on mcguffie for nesbitt. Nesbitt at least puts in a shift. If your taking him off for say hetherington then ok but notbloody mcguffie.

29 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Frankly the wankfest over Mcglynn is done for me. Yet another performance with poor defending and missed chances. It’s very fortunate Dunfermline dropped points as we’d have been put out of our misery if they hadn’t.

Previous managers would have rightly been slated for the points we’ve dropped.

We may well make the playoffs but we can’t lay a glove on Airdrie, so that doesn’t mean much.

Absolute rubbish. What more do you want McGlynn to do? One piece of poor defending all game cost us. The chances, he has us playing an attacking style of football which sees us create plenty of chances, what more do you want? Him to come on and score ffs? Doesn’t help when the officials miss at least one blatant penalty. If that game had finished 3/4-1 to us no one could have complained. The only thing I’ll criticise McGlynn for is he changes the strikers too early. We could have maybe have went two up. 

Edited by Tea and Busquets