Jump to content

The Falkirk FC Thread


Recommended Posts

Great to hear that the 600k increase in revenue is on track and potentially to be exceeded, that's one less thing to worry about (for now). 

Wonder what sort of investment they will be looking at to cover the shortfall then, soft loans from shareholders or outside investment? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Jimmy1876 said:

Great to hear that the 600k increase in revenue is on track and potentially to be exceeded, that's one less thing to worry about (for now). 

Wonder what sort of investment they will be looking at to cover the shortfall then, soft loans from shareholders or outside investment? 

Patrons group has been expanded and some existing members have increased they’re/the groups shareholding so new money from there, also a slight increase in FSS numbers and presumably a bit more cash from these 10 year season tickets that are being punted. Any shortfall left after that investment is added will be being made up via soft loans I presume. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

What a poor statement from Kenny Jamieson, yet again. Did he not learn any lessons from last time? Last time attack the fans this time criticise the opposition. Sour grapes and a lot of waffle.

Still a big financial black hole. Of course income is 85% of last season. Season tickets, sponsorship and hospitality are all sold at the start of the season.

No details on what the funding package will be - suggests this is not in place. 

Presumably the accounts still haven’t been signed off and this is the reason we are having to delay the AGM. I can’t remember the last time the AGM wasn’t before Christmas?

The Board have been in power for almost a year now but still none of them have actually been formally appointed by shareholders.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, RC55 FFC said:

Congratulations to Dunfermline on winning the league. Oh wait it’s only November. Long way to go. 

What point is it you're arguing?  I've not seen a single Pars fan say the league is done and dusted. If you look back in the recent match thread I said as much. 

Edited by da_no_1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Feared the worst after that utter minter of a first paragraph. But a decent update all things considered. Lots of useful information and some pretty encouraging stuff on the financial side.

We seem duty bound to insert something fucking ridiculous into each of these statements though.  Might want to reflect on that. Does no one sense check them?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Gaz said:

We are considerably better than any point over the last four or five years

That’s not true results or points wise actually- season 20/21 we had 31 points after 16 games, we currently have 28 points after 16 games.

I do agree recruitment has been much better and we have played well in a good number of games, but for me considerably better is a bit of a stretch.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Falkirk lost more away goals in 35 minutes on Saturday than we have in 8 games.

We're solid and set up to play to our strengths but it's not particularly route one. 

We are better away from home when we can counter-attack though. We can struggle at home if we have to break down a side whose intent is to sit in.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Doesn't make the top 10 stupid things wev put in a statement for me. 
 

That's only because Falkirk is such an all-time laughing stock outfit that this minter barely breaks into the top 50 of your utter fails.

The Angelo Massone-esque scheme to flog ten year season tickets to fund another twelve months festering in the seaside leagues arguably beats it within the same statement. 

What an absolute rabble.

ezgif-5-b20d07d475.gif.d29490fbedec629d64312b2959e0913d.gif

Edited by vikingTON
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, virginton said:

That's only because Falkirk is such an all-time laughing stock outfit that this minter barely breaks into the top 50 of your utter fails.

The Angelo Massone-esque scheme to flog ten year season tickets to fund another twelve months festering in the seaside leagues arguably beats it within the same statement. 

What an absolute rabble.

ezgif-5-b20d07d475.gif.d29490fbedec629d64312b2959e0913d.gif

An absolute rabble that your support could only dream about. You wouldn’t have a team to support if you had went through what our team has over the last few year.  Enjoy your flutter at the top before the bubble bursts. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Tea and Busquets said:

An absolute rabble that your support could only dream about. You wouldn’t have a team to support if you had went through what our team has over the last few year.  Enjoy your flutter at the top before the bubble bursts. 

Lol wut

We went into administration with a chairman determined to kill the club off just like the shipyards. He failed - we won. We then took control of the club under fan ownership a couple of years ago and are going from strength to strength.

Falkirk fans by contrast have failed to do anything to stop their club descending into such a hilarious nick. Too busy creaming yourselves over fictional crowd numbers, total duds like 'Super Ray McKinnon' and your 'sexy' squads - all of which was duly punished with failure. 

There's nothing to 'dream about' at your rancid outfit. But enjoy your ten year season ticket for Clyde and FC Edinburgh at home anyway.

IMG-20220313-WA0007.jpg.1358f3462ffdd4f170519b480b520fca.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, virginton said:

That's only because Falkirk is such an all-time laughing stock outfit that this minter barely breaks into the top 50 of your utter fails.

The Angelo Massone-esque scheme to flog ten year season tickets to fund another twelve months festering in the seaside leagues arguably beats it within the same statement. 

What an absolute rabble.

ezgif-5-b20d07d475.gif.d29490fbedec629d64312b2959e0913d.gif

Theres absolutely nothing wrong with that initiative tbqh. Seems an odd thing to pick up on. If I thought the fans were having the piss ripped out them again, I'd be seething with it (again) but I don't see it. I actually think it's a good wee initiative to bring in some wedge and I think time will prove me correct. If they don't sell, then il be wrong. 

Seems to me the only bone of contention for anyone is the first sentence. But these statements aren't written for the jaded losers like myself who stalk these forums, scared of where the next roasting off everyone else is coming from. There's probably plenty of fans who appreciate a wee bit of cope. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The one thing I wondered about in the statement is the 85%.

As has been alluded, I presumed the majority of our income for the season would come in the first couple of months with season tickets, shirt sales and sponsorship so not sure how good an achievement it is to have  85% at this time?

Also what percentage of last seasons income is £600k because that’s the target we need to get to and won’t start till we’re over 100% of last seasons income. Is that due to happen soon? 

Lastly, as had been pointed out before, the £600k still means a £400k loss so effectively we still need to raise £1m of income? What happens if we fall short of this? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 people max buying 10yr STs isn’t really going to affect us in the years to come 😂. Morton fans should worry about trying to shift 25 a season at their standard price.

Will next season be their first in the top league since the mid 80s? Who knows but I’ll stick by my prediction months ago that we will play a premier league game again before Morton do. They’ll shit the bed like they always do. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

25 people max buying 10yr STs isn’t really going to affect us in the years to come 😂. Morton fans should worry about trying to shift 25 a season at their standard price.

Will next season be their first in the top league since the mid 80s? Who knows but I’ll stick by my prediction months ago that we will play a premier league game again before Morton do. They’ll shit the bed like they always do. 

They don’t shit the bed they go to the bookies.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Caractacus Potts said:

The one thing I wondered about in the statement is the 85%.

As has been alluded, I presumed the majority of our income for the season would come in the first couple of months with season tickets, shirt sales and sponsorship so not sure how good an achievement it is to have  85% at this time?

Also what percentage of last seasons income is £600k because that’s the target we need to get to and won’t start till we’re over 100% of last seasons income. Is that due to happen soon? 

Lastly, as had been pointed out before, the £600k still means a £400k loss so effectively we still need to raise £1m of income? What happens if we fall short of this? 

These were the questions I had when reading it last night. It doesnt seem very clear to me what the position is or whats required by the end of the season. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

"No doubt we’d all agree that performances so far have been a significant improvement on last season and it is testament to our style of play that our two closest rivals at the top of the league have recently played so defensively at the Falkirk Stadium.

That said, the best footballing side doesn’t always win matches"

 

I'm sorry but that just embarrassing

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...