The Falkirk FC Thread

I liked PJ. Felt he was more willing to take charge of his box than Hogarth is.

And if wer being honest, he's our player, he needs to be the one to prioritise for learning McGlynns methods, style of playing out, get up to speed and tuned in with our back 4 etc. Ultimately, it's a back 5 we need and a loanee shouldn't be given priority once our own guy is fit.
different if Hogarth was markedly better but he isn't at all for me.

5 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I liked PJ. Felt he was more willing to take charge of his box than Hogarth is.

And if wer being honest, he's our player, he needs to be the one to prioritise for learning McGlynns methods, style of playing out, get up to speed and tuned in with our back 4 etc. Ultimately, it's a back 5 we need and a loanee shouldn't be given priority once our own guy is fit.
different if Hogarth was markedly better but he isn't at all for me.

I agree. If PJ is fit then we need to get Hogarth back to Forest in January (if that's the deal) because we could presumably use the fee we're paying for him to get a RB or a striker in. No point in having two fit keepers of our own and playing a loanee, unless the loan is a considerable upgrade, which I don't think he is.

Guest Back Post Misses

Both have not done a lot wrong TBH and there isn’t much between them IMO. I do think PJ has the better distribution. Hogarth is bigger but he isn’t our player so when PJ is fit I would prefer he got the nod. 

43 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

Watson can play RB so I’d be keeping him 😂

I've seen that mentioned before but I'm very doubtful of it, would just be like having Mckay there for me. I'd definitely rather have him at centre back than Mckay right enough though.

Got to think your likes of Seb Ross and Blair Sneddon are chomping at the bit to leave and get some football. Whether anyone will take them is another question.

Guest Back Post Misses
8 hours ago, FFC 1876 said:

I've seen that mentioned before but I'm very doubtful of it, would just be like having Mckay there for me. I'd definitely rather have him at centre back than Mckay right enough though.

Got to think your likes of Seb Ross and Blair Sneddon are chomping at the bit to leave and get some football. Whether anyone will take them is another question.

He played there under Houstie a fair bit

9 hours ago, FFC 1876 said:

Probably our best option for right back.

11 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Probably our best option for right back.

Our best option would be sourcing an actual right back in January. We can't continue to play a centre back at right back especially in the games where teams are just sitting in with two banks of 5.

43 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

He played there under Houstie a fair bit

I get that but that was 6/7 years ago and I don't remember him being very effective in there back then never mind at 32 and just coming back from an ACL injury.

Watson and Mckay are the exact same thing at RB. I cant see one being markedly better than the other at it and both would represent some added defensive/aerial strength at the expense of attacking intent. I personally think the current version of Mckay might be the better CH option.

Ultimately, Williamson and Yeats are better options at RB. And signing an RB at the expense of either of those two going on loan would be the best deal for us.

Didn’t think he was that bad at right back!
Hes just the same as Brad Mckay though. Occasionaly passable but in the more important bigger games, where you need the balance and can't get away with a lopsided attack, it's not going to work.

The two of them are about as I imterchangeable as it's possible for two footballers to be in this instance.

There’s definitely a sizeable wage to be freed up there in January if another club wants them. Can’t have 3 out of Donaldson, Henderson, Mackie, Watson and McKay sitting on the bench. 

Yeats has been our best right back this season imo, but was struggling at the very end of his run there 

3 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Watson and Mckay are the exact same thing at RB. I cant see one being markedly better than the other at it and both would represent some added defensive/aerial strength at the expense of attacking intent. I personally think the current version of Mckay might be the better CH option.

Ultimately, Williamson and Yeats are better options at RB. And signing an RB at the expense of either of those two going on loan would be the best deal for us.

Williamson isn’t reliable enough fitness wise to be our first choice RB in the squad. Yeats is better in midfield imo and I’d rather see him there.