The Falkirk FC Thread

The way I read this is that you think decisions made by the current management are the main reason we won't win the league. 
I suppose it could also be inferred that that you'ld prefer the decisions made by James McPake as his team are top of the league. 
Do you genuinely believe that? 

Now who’s on the wind up?…[emoji3]

There’s absolutely no doubt that under MCGlynn and Smith we’re playing a lot better than the abhorrent shite endured over the past couple of seasons. However we’ve not yet nailed a comprehensive win over the likes of Airdrie and the losses to the likes of Kelty are unacceptable. A few on here questioning M&S tactics In games which for me are fully justified, where it’s clear we need change, but for reasons only the manager can explain doesn’t happen. Can’t speak for other posters but don’t think there’s any supporters wishing anything but good for the team, and as previously posted the next few league games crucial.

We were not as successful last week because Dunfermline set up completely differently, shoved 11 men behind the ball and the management AND the players didn’t come up with the goods to combat it. Well done Dunfermline you did a number on us. You learn and move on or you wallow and still talk about if for weeks. 

I wonder if you’re response would have been the same if your mates were not in charge?…[emoji3166]

15 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

I wonder if you’re response would have been the same if your mates were not in charge?…emoji3166.png

Find stuff like this really boring! I’m sure he can form as fair an opinion as any of us on a game of football involving the club he supports, insinuating some kind of bias or inability to do that just because he knows a couple of people sitting on the club board  is cringeworthy. Get that patter in the bin man. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

3 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

Find stuff like this really boring! I’m sure he’s allowed an opinion on a game of football without folk insinuating some kind of bias! Get that patter in the bin man

That's a bit unfair. What's the bin man ever done to him?

Put the following poor decisions in order.

Binning the Academy. 
Accusing the fans of racism. 
Suing fans over the use of the club badge on a t-shirt. 
Signing 57 shite players. 
Poaching McKinnon and having to pay compensation. 
Gary Holt. 
Super Scout and the Brentford model. 
Not bringing Ola off the bench last week.

Edited by JulioBairn

4 hours ago, roman_bairn said:

It’s not just that mistakes were made that irks me, it’s that just about everyone with half a brain could see that we were getting know where and we changed nothing until it was far too late. It was up there with the worst decision making I’ve seen at the club in recent years and that’s quite something…..

I'd guess Rennie had a bigger budget than McGlynn, he had 3/4/5 formation each game, zero direction, couldn't set a team to play and I'd even say Kenny Miller had more a clue how to manage us 😶

Pre Rennie it was Sheerin who was short of crying in interviews saying repeatedly he didn't know how to fix it and shared the above clueless team set up and his love in with Michael Ruth basically fuked him.

Yes we were a shit show last week but it wasn't even close to the two previous managers and the fans voted with their feet for both of them, some would watch at home and some just didn't even bother. 

I was not in the mood FFC related after last week and just hid under a black cloud but it clearly was not the worst decisions a manager has made in recent years, those awards will go towards Rennie and Sheerin as much as Fasan being the worst goalkeeper we will have in decades/centuries.

1 hour ago, roman_bairn said:

I wonder if you’re response would have been the same if your mates were not in charge?…emoji3166.png

Nothing to do with BPM hitting the nail on the head?

Dunfermline had completely different tactics in both games and McPake outthought McGlynn in the second game. It happens, move on. Moping and wallowing about something you can't change isn't good for anybody 

Guest Caractacus Potts
17 hours ago, MrDust said:

I'd guess Rennie had a bigger budget than McGlynn, he had 3/4/5 formation each game, zero direction, couldn't set a team to play and I'd even say Kenny Miller had more a clue how to manage us 😶

Pre Rennie it was Sheerin who was short of crying in interviews saying repeatedly he didn't know how to fix it and shared the above clueless team set up and his love in with Michael Ruth basically fuked him.

Yes we were a shit show last week but it wasn't even close to the two previous managers and the fans voted with their feet for both of them, some would watch at home and some just didn't even bother. 

I was not in the mood FFC related after last week and just hid under a black cloud but it clearly was not the worst decisions a manager has made in recent years, those awards will go towards Rennie and Sheerin as much as Fasan being the worst goalkeeper we will have in decades/centuries.

McGlynn is a step up from Sheerin no doubt but don’t think that’s true. The attendance in Sheerin’s last games weren’t vastly different from now. 

Anyway, great to see that we have another potential game changer in Lawal. Was dubious about some of the signings but McGlynns hit rate, so far, looks a lot higher than the last few managers. Exciting players too. 

Edited by Caractacus Potts

Put the following poor decisions in order.
Binning the Academy. 
Accusing the fans of racism. 
Suing fans over the use of the club badge on a t-shirt. 
Signing 57 shite players. 
Poaching McKinnon and having to pay compensation. 
Gary Holt. 
Super Scout and the Brentford model. 
Not bringing Ola off the bench last week.

Amazes me how many people can’t actually read what I actually wrote…[emoji3]

My view is that there has been a clear improvement since Mcglynn came in. We are competitive in the majority games, which is a big change from the last few seasons. 

Recruitment has also been much better, with most if not all of his signings having made a positive contribution of some sort.

That said, it’s still feet firmly on the ground for me as we are still capable of putting in a a really poor performance from time to time, largely imo because we still have a good number of players who vanish when the going gets tough.

3 hours ago, Caractacus Potts said:

McGlynn is a step up from Sheerin no doubt but don’t think that’s true. The attendance in Sheerin’s last games weren’t vastly different from now. 

Anyway, great to see that we have another potential game changer in Lawal. Was dubious about some of the deigning but McGlynns hit rate, so far, looks a lot higher than the last few managers. Exciting players too. 

The games at the end of Sheerin tenure were down in actual people there, they of course included season tickets who didn't turn up in figures released. I knew plenty who didn't go, some watched at home and some didn't bother.

McGlynn deserves criticism like any manager but so far it's night and day compared to both clowns in the job so far.

1 hour ago, Bigbri Bairn said:

McCanns goal must be a contender for the goal of the season

It's a great goal granted but the defending is woeful.....I'd be wanting our defenders in stocks getting pelted for that defending, you won't see a goal like that the higher the levels you go.

6 hours ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

I suppose it could also be inferred that that you'ld prefer the decisions made by James McPake as his team are top of the league. 

Do you genuinely believe that? 

If McPake's team go up as champions and we fail to get promoted via the play-offs, then yes.

The ends justifies the means.

Guest Back Post Misses
9 hours ago, roman_bairn said:

Have the good grace to admit you are talking shite rather than roll out the usual nonsense accusation. 
Your statement regarding the mistakes McGlynn made against Dunfermline was probably up there with the most insane statement on here for a long time - and that is saying something. 
The club has started to turn the corner in case you didn’t realise - well done my mates. 

We're a Scottish League one side the chances of us getting hold of a manager that doesn't make an arse of it now and again are very slim. It's frustrating when it happens but all you can really hope for in a manager at our level is someone that gets the majority of decisions right which mcglynn has certainly done so far. Probably keeping the same side against Dunfermline as we had previous week's was an error as teams do find you out so it's necessary these days to keep changing things about a bit unless your side is far better than anyone elses.  Mcpake won the day against us but then by the sounds of it had a mate against Clyde with his team selection so mcglynn ain't the only one that will make mistakes.

We're a Scottish League one side the chances of us getting hold of a manager that doesn't make an arse of it now and again are very slim. It's frustrating when it happens but all you can really hope for in a manager at our level is someone that gets the majority of decisions right which mcglynn has certainly done so far. Probably keeping the same side against Dunfermline as we had previous week's was an error as teams do find you out so it's necessary these days to keep changing things about a bit unless your side is far better than anyone elses.  Mcpake won the day against us but then by the sounds of it had a mate against Clyde with his team selection so mcglynn ain't the only one that will make mistakes.
Mcpake had his hands tied through injury tbf.