The Falkirk FC Thread

Mackie in for Henderson? Henderson just seems to make these stupid mistakes that give away position more than anyone else. Even though he is a good player outside of that.
I liked Mackie early season, thought he was OK at LB, but he's McCanns deputy now. If Henderson is to be dropped, I'd be putting Mckay in and having Williamson or Yeats at RB.

Mackie at CH was just as probe to brain farts as Henderson is.

1 hour ago, unused sub said:

Lawal was excellent today and should retain his place in the starting 11.  Can't believe Burrell and Lawal were subbed off before Morrison who I thought had a poor game. 

McGlynn explains that he signalled that he wanted off as he hasn't played a full competitive 90 mins at this level yet.

Working today so not there unfortunately but after last Saturday i was that scunnered . Glad to hear Lawal getting most of the game. His cameo appearances looked good. Was he playing the number 10 role? The laddie is 20 but has yet to play regular senior football. What is his style of play?

46 minutes ago, Jimmy1876 said:

Mackie in for Henderson? Henderson just seems to make these stupid mistakes that give away position more than anyone else. Even though he is a good player outside of that.

Not for me.  We need a consistent CB pairing and we’ve not had that for years. We’re not conceding many.  Stick with Henderson and Donaldson

7 minutes ago, Amarillo Bairn said:
36 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:
He has good pace and gets us up the park, but his conversion of chances into goals/good crosses is so poor. I'd still rather have him in our squad than see him turn up at TFS for the Pars or QOS though.

No chance he's going to Pars or QOS after us, he'll be at Darvel or Open goal Broomhill etc,

Our top scorer for the season you mean?

Don’t know if anyone has mentioned this, but it looks like there may be a change in opinion at selling drink inside football grounds?

https://news.stv.tv/sport/celtic-granted-alcohol-licence-allowing-stadium-drinking-at-parkhead-ahead-of-ross-county-clash?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook&fbclid=IwAR0T0Cc2BQxgzh1pXPX6nj4lchGOsZD_HcQeL2mJ-ikTAu2bpVYSnKYbxmI#Echobox=1668259951

Edited by kiddy

8 minutes ago, Amarillo Bairn said:
16 minutes ago, Disco Duck said:
Our top scorer for the season you mean?

Yeah and been a constant in our team last few seasons aswell when we been rotten, but he seems to get no criticism!

I take It you’re not on here or at games often?  He gets stick (justifiably) all the time.  But he’s still a goal threat.  He needs dropped from time to time but he’s not a juniors player ffs.

Edited by Disco Duck

19 minutes ago, kiddy said:

Bad idea for me.  It’ll end badly.  I don’t like the fact that football fans are treated differently to, say, rugby fans.  But we have a massive problem with arseholes at football, drink won’t help, and if you can’t go any length of time without a drink there’s an issue.

Edited by Disco Duck

Bad idea for me.  It’ll end badly.  I don’t like the fact that football fans are treated differently to, say, rugby fans.  But we have a massive problem with arseholes at football, drink won’t help, and if you can’t go any length of time without a drink there’s an issue.
Drink in a concrete concourse from 11 till 1, then be emptied for the intervening 2 hours till KO at 3?

What the f**k is the point in that [emoji23]

What they have managed to secure themselves there, is an option several orders of magnitude worse than what we have in the #KM7 already

I take It you’re not on here or at games often?  He gets stick (justifiably) all the time.  But he’s still a goal threat.  He needs dropped from time to time but he’s not a juniors player ffs.
Yeah im at games most weeks, home and away! he seems to get away with criticism, he was missing in action last week and every other week we come up against a decent team, scoring a few goals against part time teams won't change my opinion on him, so a juniors player he is imo

54 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Drink in a concrete concourse from 11 till 1, then be emptied for the intervening 2 hours till KO at 3?

What the f**k is the point in that emoji23.png

What they have managed to secure themselves there, is an option several orders of magnitude worse than what we have in the #KM7 already

I'd have thought the last thing the police would want is a load of pished fans hovering about parkhead with feck all to do for 2 hrs.

2 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

I'd have thought the last thing the police would want is a load of pished fans hovering about parkhead with feck all to do for 2 hrs.

Aye, a bizarre setup. Must be missing something here as the story makes it sound totally unattractive. 

30 minutes ago, Amarillo Bairn said:
1 hour ago, Disco Duck said:

Yeah im at games most weeks, home and away! he seems to get away with criticism, he was missing in action last week and every other week we come up against a decent team, scoring a few goals against part time teams won't change my opinion on him, so a juniors player he is imo

I’m the same, I’m no a huge fan. He’s been the same every season he’s been with us, starts well, scores a few goals and then disappears. I don’t get the love in, we have players that the fans continually criticise but he seems exempt. I agree with the sentiment that if he had better delivery or he picked the right option more he wouldn’t be with us as he would be playing at a higher level. Everyone is entitled to their opinions but I’ve never really rated him as high as others seem too in our fanbase.