The Falkirk FC Thread

1 minute ago, Ecosse83 said:

Out of interest I had a look to see how much better off we are than this time last season, it’s only a few points which surprised me. We’re obviously a much better team this season but we need to stop conceding silly goals IMO. 

I actually don’t think Henderson has been playing that well recently so I’d be dropping him and getting McKay in beside Donaldson today, Henderson for me messes around too much at the back and looks like making mistakes. 

We’ve always bounced back after a disappointment this season so hopefully today is the same! 

Said a few weeks ago when we were getting some decent form, that we had a decent spine for the first time. Just hoping Henderson finds his form again as agree he’s been very poor.

3 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Maybe already covered but there's yer Ryan Williamson looking to be back in the matchday squad next week, and PJ Morrison very close.

For how long though. He turns up for a game now and again and then suddenly seems to pick up another injury. Never seems interested in playing through these injuries either. Any excuse and he's out. To me he just hasn't got the constitution to play pro football.

For how long though. He turns up for a game now and again and then suddenly seems to pick up another injury. Never seems interested in playing through these injuries either. Any excuse and he's out. To me he just hasn't got the constitution to play pro football.
No doubt he is highly injury prone. Not sure how much stock we can put in "he won't play through" though tbh.

On 10/11/2022 at 19:39, MetalWolf said:

I think I'm in the minority I'd play McKay at CB and take Henderson out for a bit.  He seems to get bullied far too often.  

I'm not convinced Watson will kick a ball for the first team, so if he's back and fit I wouldn't be surprised to see him leave or go out on loan.  But yes please another RB.

Agree about Henderson, I would have Mackie in at LCH in place of Henderson. 

5 minutes ago, unused sub said:

Lawal was excellent today and should retain his place in the starting 11.  Can't believe Burrell and Lawal were subbed off before Morrison who I thought had a poor game. 

Lawal was knackered! He's never actually played a full 90 for us I don't think.

Lawal showing why he should start, and I fucking love Leon McCann.
Have a great night Bairns xxx
There was a fairly loud "I fucking love you Leon" shout when his goal went in.

He really is what you pay to watch football for and I can't wait to enjoy that goal again tomorrow.

Would still like to try Mackie in midfield, a bit of dig and physical presence alongside Ola, McGinn & Yeats.  
Lightweight no-entities oot the team  please. 
I think Lawal coming in and confirming he is worth a place puts paid to any of those sorts of ideas tbh. Who do you drop for Mackie out of that team today?

Morrison underperformed today (again) but your not doing that swap. Nesbit was good today. He's the only one that fits the "lightweight" charge but we haven't seen it much from him of late, with few sub par performances to speak of recently

Morrison was very poor today but if he didn't have runs of games like that he'd be playing at a higher level. Not having 1 position isn't helping, nor is not having a right back to provide overlaps, but for me he's due a stint on the bench. I'd put Yeats in the middle and move Nesbitt wide. 

Watched on FTV today and wishing I'd been there to see that after having to sit through last week. What a player Lawal was, undroppable after that and felt unfair that he was subbed off but take the point he hasn't played a full 90 yet and was knackered. Leon as well, outstanding more than his usual self. Does sting though when you wonder why they didn't play that way last week and why Lawal didn't get a place last week? 

31 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I think Lawal coming in and confirming he is worth a place puts paid to any of those sorts of ideas tbh. Who do you drop for Mackie out of that team today?

Morrison underperformed today (again) but your not doing that swap. Nesbit was good today. He's the only one that fits the "lightweight" charge but we haven't seen it much from him of late, with few sub par performances to speak of recently

Mackie in for Henderson? Henderson just seems to make these stupid mistakes that give away position more than anyone else. Even though he is a good player outside of that.

Didn't someone say recently we hadn't beat a team above us in the league for 18 months? If so, great to get that monkey off the back. 

A decent day at the office with 3 points and the two teams who were above us Dunfermline and Edinburgh both dropping points.

Still a very tight pack around us with Montrose, Alloa and Edinburgh all within touching distance. Next game away to Clyde who were by all accounts a much improved unit (under Jim Duffy) at Dunfermline. Important to string a set of wins together and open up a gap between us and so many teams around us. 

Edited by bridge of allan bairn