The Falkirk FC Thread

Mcglynn is no miracle worker at the end of the day. With 60 odd percent of his budget already taken up before he arrived on the scene and most of that with pure dross. You won't find many other managers at this level having to put up with crap on 3 year deals . I'm sure if nesbitt, Mackay, mcguffie, Morrison, McCann, Ross, hetherington, Wilson, sneddon and Malcolm had been out of contract they would all have been shown the door in the summer.  Now a few have managed to probably change his mind but the majority are taking up wages for absolutely nothing. Mcpake will have a bigger budget to work with for a start and Dunfermline are only coming off one shite season not 3 in a row. We were never going to go from utter dross to runaway leaders in one window in these circumstances. 
Mcpake does not have a bigger budget [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Guest Caractacus Potts
26 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Lawal will be on peanuts and is clearly being seen as a project player.  He's raw and possibly mcglynn isn't confidence in him having the positional discipline to start at the moment who knows.  Oliver is a squad player who can play a number of positions.  I'm sure mcglynn feels that he can bring in a lot better players in more varied positions than a good few he has in the squad. McCann has done well but I wouldn't bother about any of the others getting moved on that he was forced to keep. Some have improved a bit but still fall way short of the standards required especially when the chips are down.  

Doubt Malcolm, Sneddon, Wilson and Ross will be on much money either so don’t imagine that will take up a huge amount of the budget. Seems happy with Nesbit, Morrison and McGuffie.

If he’s used some of his budget for project and squad players when first team players then that’s up to him. Not an easy business but others are having more success and if he doesn’t have the right mix to compete with our closest rivals then again he deserves some criticism. 

7 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

All of them yep. And, given that he would probably get picked up, I would trust McGlynn to trade up on Nesbitt too tbh. 

I also wouldn't mind Kennedys loan being cut short if possible and roll the dice on someone else. I suspect Rangers might be the only ones to hold a break clause though?

Certainly if he hasn't upped his game more regularly by January. He's not long back from his injury though so I'd give him a bit more time to get going. He was decent against queen's actually started Saturday brightly and then disappeared completely.

2 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:

Mcpake does not have a bigger budget emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png

We couldn't afford to match you guys for mochries wages for a start. Youve still got a number of guys on decent championship level wages . I'd expect you guys to have the biggest budget in the league backed by your German owners and us to be second. 

8 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:

Mcpake does not have a bigger budget emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png

In terms of money the managers had to spend on wages/players this summer window, Mcpake had far higher resources - fact. Whether that translates into a bigger wage bill is a different story. Thank you Mr. Holt for that. 

Guest Caractacus Potts
36 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

From where we were last season I am not going anywhere near being too critical of McGlynn. In most games we have been a great watch. He has improved players and the players he has brought in are a big upgrade. Donaldson, both keepers, Henderson (most of the time) Burrell, McGinn. Happy to see how the next few weeks pan out before travel to their place at New Year. Saturday was a disappointment because we expected muc better. They did a turn on us you have to learn and move on. 

Performances have definitely improved but results still haven’t been good enough. I don’t expect us to drop off a cliff like this time last season where we lost 4 in a row but it is important to compare where we are to where we were. Our defence has conceded as much despite us scoring 5 more goals. We’ve lost the same number of games too and 3 more points adrift of the top.

This isn’t a cry for his head but a bit of a reality check. I don’t want us to continually have to say that lessons will be learnt when there’s several games now where we’ve had no answers to a similar game plan. 

Guest Caractacus Potts
8 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

We couldn't afford to match you guys for mochries wages for a start. Youve still got a number of guys on decent championship level wages . I'd expect you guys to have the biggest budget in the league backed by your German owners and us to be second. 

We must be paying McGinn a decent wage though?  Sure he would have been well sought after. 

In terms of money the managers had to spend on wages/players this summer window, Mcpake had far higher resources - fact. Whether that translates into a bigger wage bill is a different story. Thank you Mr. Holt for that. 
No danger, you've far more senior players than we have. We've got about 14, whereas you regularly leave senior players out of the match day squad.

11 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Everyone knew he was available, most didn’t want a rape apologist as their manager 

The majority of the fans of both clubs who post on here are good posters who are out for a bit banter.

We all love our teams and we all united and agreed some fans from both teams were a disgrace on Saturday and also agreed that’s not the type of rivalry we want. 

For you to come on here 2 days later and start with the ‘rape’ comments is unnecessary and unwanted.

If that’s the type of conversation you want to have I’d suggest you join a fan group on Facebook - that’d be more up your street.

27 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

And we were to be rumoured to be in for Kennedy too but backed out when you offered a better wage contribution.   Just two managers with different priorities and I’m pretty sure ours has called things better.

25 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

I have absolutely no idea where you got that from? You signed more players and that includes guys like McGinn, Kennedy and Donaldson, not cheap.

Hamilton, Benedictus and Mochrie probably are about the same as those, maybe slightly cheaper. But that’s all mcpake has signed who have played more than about 10 minutes.  McGinn has added 4/5 more first team starters than Mcpake. 

I have no idea how more players, more first team starters and a bigger squad overall somehow you’ve twisted to spending less.   We’ve not exactly signed Haaland.

1 minute ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

The majority of the fans of both clubs who post on here are good posters who are out for a bit banter.

We all love our teams and we all united and agreed some fans from both teams were a disgrace on Saturday and also agreed that’s not the type of rivalry we want. 

For you to come on here 2 days later and start with the ‘rape’ comments is unnecessary and unwanted.

If that’s the type of conversation you want to have I’d suggest you join a fan group on Facebook - that’d be more up your street.

I agree that there’s plenty on both sides who are an absolute disgrace.  We also agree that those who behave badly should be called out .  Which is why McGinn doesn’t get to walk away from his disgraceful actions. 

4 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

I agree that there’s plenty on both sides who are an absolute disgrace.  We also agree that those who behave badly should be called out .  Which is why McGinn doesn’t get to walk away from his disgraceful actions. 

What’s Stephen McGinn got to do with rape. Not sure where you are going with this but it’s absolutely inappropriate and verging on slander.

5 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

What’s Stephen McGinn got to do with rape. Not sure where you are going with this but it’s absolutely inappropriate and verging on slander.

Sorry I didn’t read the quoted  post properly and with the still being at raith comment I presumed we were talking of your manager. 

Happy to say I have nothing wrong with Stephen McGinn.

Edit- I also can’t spell which is why I made an arse of the second post.

Edited by parsforlife

Guest Caractacus Potts
3 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Sorry I didn’t read the quoted  post properly and with the still being at raith comment I presumed we were talking of your manager. 

Happy to say I have nothing wrong with Stephen McGinn.

Edit- I also can’t spell which is why I made an arse of the second post.

It wasn’t spelling. I said we were paying McGinn a good wage in reply to Mochrie apparently being paid well but Shadwell got mixed up and thought I was talking about McGlynn! 

Couldn’t even bring myself to come on here until just now after Saturday 😂

It was a hard one this week, but unlike the team on Saturday, we turned up & did what we needed to do….👇🏼

Big thanks to The Bairns Business Club who sponsored this weeks episode 👏🏻

E8F01636-820C-4132-9E77-2D11F7389317.thumb.jpeg.f6b87e59232fcf822f678499d96bae17.jpeg

Edited by RC55 FFC