The Falkirk FC Thread

32 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

We probably didn’t deserve to lose but that is what happens when you switch of at a set piece. 

This is an odd take, and its not just you its across football,  but if a team makes a mistake that results in them losing a game they absolutely deserve to lose.

7 hours ago, roverthemoon said:

Aye he struggles against them right enough. 

87A2B943-2926-4129-8626-013BEEA50229.jpeg

Putting words in my mouth there. Simply stated a fact about last season. I didn’t say he’s always struggled against us, so no idea why you’re getting so offended? He had the better of Crawford as a manager and think you had the better head to head record in 2010-11 too. But that doesn’t change the fact that he shat the bed 4 times against an absolutely terrible Dunfermline side last season. Even lost 2-0 to us when Hughes was in charge.

We lost the game because Dunfermline took their chance and we didn’t really create any so no complaints or excuses from me. It was a horrid game to watch but both teams contributed to that.

We continually bottle it in big games when we have great crowds, this isn’t a new thing though we’ve done it for years. It looks like it might have to be the play offs and that’s a worry for me as we still have too many in that squad who disappear/hide when the going gets tough.

I think McGlynn can get us out this league but I’m just not sure if it will take another summer transfer window where he can clear out a lot of players, I’m not sure if our current financial situation can give him the time he needs. 

At least I got to meet God last night in what was an enjoyable end to a shitty day.

Edited by Harry Kinnear

7 hours ago, Grant228 said:

Ah, so you like it when your defence passes it around before lumping it to no effect, that one shot from 30 yards is really how football should be played eh? 

I've already replied to you about my affinity and support for Brentford, being simple I understand it was a very long time ago for you and you've probably forgotten, so I've quoted it again, HTH. 

No, you're just a rape apologist, your tears are the sweetest of all x 

Having a big team and a wee team isn’t and will never be my thing but it’s your choice to choose to support a team from the richest league in the world. Not for me though.

4 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

We lost the game because Dunfermline took their chance and we didn’t really create any so no complaints or excuses from me. It was a horrid game to watch but both teams contributed to that.

We continually bottle it in big games when we have great crowds, this isn’t a new thing though we’ve done it for years. It looks like it might have to be the play offs and that’s a worry for me as we still have too many in that squad who disappear/hide when the going gets tough.

I think McGlynn can get us out this league but I’m just not sure if it will take another summer transfer window where he can clear out a lot of players, I’m not sure if our current financial situation can give him the time he needs. 

At least I got to meet God last night in what was an enjoyable end to a shitty day.

Can’t argue with any of that. They took their chance yesterday and we never created anyway so we deservedly lost the game.

My worry about the playoffs, if we manage to get there, is if we are in there with Airdrie and Montrose for example I’m not confident we have the mindset to beat either.

1 minute ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Can’t argue with any of that. They took their chance yesterday and we never created anyway so we deservedly lost the game.

My worry about the playoffs, if we manage to get there, is if we are in there with Airdrie and Montrose for example I’m not confident we have the mindset to beat either.

I agree GB, that’s my worry also.

Guest Back Post Misses
40 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

This is an odd take, and its not just you its across football,  but if a team makes a mistake that results in them losing a game they absolutely deserve to lose.

f**k off 

Guest Wind Chime Jimmy

McGlynn in his post match interview 🤣🤣

Looked a broken man, really wants to beat us that much. Probably hates the Pars given the shit he took off us as Rovers manager, especiially after he signed thon rapist. 

Dreadful game overall but you've got to credit mcpake as although it was feckin awful  to watch it ended up in 3 points. Big physical side very little creativity, sit back with ten men behind the ball and hope for mistake and we made one.  Once we saw their approach we should've changed it early. Stuck another player up top and gone for it as they showed little intent to get forward at any point till we ended up chasing the game. Can't fault the defence much they had little to do and were pretty comfortable . Watching the goal again it's difficult to say who was meant to be picking him up as he was that bloody open.  All in all a game that won't exactly bring many folk rushing back unfortunately.

17 minutes ago, Wind Chime Jimmy said:

McGlynn in his post match interview 🤣🤣

Looked a broken man, really wants to beat us that much. Probably hates the Pars given the shit he took off us as Rovers manager, especiially after he signed thon rapist. 

Listen 'mate', seasons not over and the way yous play, if you go up you will be relegated next season.

10 minutes ago, JJeffries said:

Listen 'mate', seasons not over and the way yous play, if you go up you will be relegated next season.

Didn’t realise that the Scottish Championship was full of total football experts who rip us apart.  

Actually never mind, cause Falkirk were meant to be that and did f**k all against us.

I think that result yesterday shows that there's not much chance of anyone other than Dunfermline winning the league. They are able to grind out wins and draws at the very worst but we've lost 4 games before the end of the first quarter. I'd love to think that we could get up via the play-offs but not in the least bit confident about that.

First half yesterday was cagey as hell and with Brad McKay on the right it pretty much stops any real attacking threat from that side. He nearly always looks to pass it back to Donaldson and the likes of Nesbitt and Morrison weren't showing for long spells yesterday.

The high balls up to an isolated Burrell were infuriating as well. He can get on the end of them provided the opposition decide not to bother defending ala Queens last week, but that was never going to be the case yesterday, yet we persisted with it throughout the entire game. 

Frustrating.

Guest Wind Chime Jimmy
35 minutes ago, JJeffries said:

Nobody said the season is over, however at this moment in time we are top of the league. We've a resilience as a team that should see us neat the top come May next year. 

13 minutes ago, Rizzo said:

I think that result yesterday shows that there's not much chance of anyone other than Dunfermline winning the league. They are able to grind out wins and draws at the very worst but we've lost 4 games before the end of the first quarter. I'd love to think that we could get up via the play-offs but not in the least bit confident about that.

First half yesterday was cagey as hell and with Brad McKay on the right it pretty much stops any real attacking threat from that side. He nearly always looks to pass it back to Donaldson and the likes of Nesbitt and Morrison weren't showing for long spells yesterday.

The high balls up to an isolated Burrell were infuriating as well. He can get on the end of them provided the opposition decide not to bother defending ala Queens last week, but that was never going to be the case yesterday, yet we persisted with it throughout the entire game. 

Frustrating.

Kennedy was especially a let down. I just don't see what he adds and given a choice between McGuffie and him I'd pick McGuffie! 

The games where Morrison plays that more subdued, I think, is to protect the fullback and so he can't drive at the opposition the same way as other games where we won't be under pressure. 

I don't think it's over as some are suggesting. 

Put in perspective - To come from where we were last season to having the league leaders need a smash-and-grab performance to confirm their 'superiority' I think we're still in it.

1 hour ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Having a big team and a wee team isn’t and will never be my thing but it’s your choice to choose to support a team from the richest league in the world. Not for me though.

Brentford aren't a bad wee team, because Dunfermline are fucking massive. 

Who actually cares. The strangest deflection tactic I think I’ve seen. Great to hear your thoughts on supporting teams “in the richest league” though.

4 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

Kennedy was especially a let down. I just don't see what he adds and given a choice between McGuffie and him I'd pick McGuffie! 

The games where Morrison plays that more subdued, I think, is to protect the fullback and so he can't drive at the opposition the same way as other games where we won't be under pressure. 

I don't think it's over as some are suggesting. 

Put in perspective - To come from where we were last season to having the league leaders need a smash-and-grab performance to confirm their 'superiority' I think we're still in it.

The league for me is up for grabs. However as posted by a few pars fan McPake has put together a strong resilient first eleven that is based on the defensive side of the game. Shite to watch but who’s top?

Yesterday could be viewed as a blip, but the fact is we’ve come short against our rivals and the teams we’ve struggled to beat. Yes we’re miles CB ahead of last seasons shite, but still short.  Said weeks ago an attacking RB and MF, and a CF in at the transfer window would be the difference in winning the league or making top four. But with our financial position the best we can hope for is a Dear Santa magic letter……..

I think a big issue for us and McGlynn is we are still saddled with so many of Holts duff buys. I know a lot of them won’t be on huge wages but it’s still money being tied up on players who are never getting near the first team.

Edited by Harry Kinnear