The Falkirk FC Thread

1 minute ago, Grant228 said:

bbc three laugh GIF by BBC

Post again about how horrible McPake is tactically, go on, one more time x

I’ve covered that already and stand by it. We have completely different views on football and how we like to see it played - it’s all about opinions.

However, you can’t deny you support Brentford when they are winning. 

Suddenly today you are Dunfermline’s biggest fan again.

21 minutes ago, Disco Duck said:

I get your point but it was right from the start - really good in the buildup but as soon as the match kicked off it just went quiet.  Fear on the inevitable?  Too many part-timers?  Dunno, just odd.

We played that way straight from the kick off!

32 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Do you really expect the crowd to be buzzing watching us play a dozen passes in our own half before lumping it forward to zero effect?

It's a McGlynn thing. For all the great football he often had us playing "a dozen passes in our own half before lumping it forward to zero effect" was too often a feature of our play.

On 30/09/2022 at 16:36, Grant228 said:

Our track record had us posting a profit at this level in 2/3 years we were in it, that's not bad IMO. 

I get that but you still have a pretty big squad don't you? I also get that some members of that squad are absolutely gubbins but surely if you're skint that's just the way it goes? It's an unfortunate fact that there's just simply not allot of money kicking about at this level. 

That'll be me but it's not quite like that. I absolutely still support Dunfermline and they're my main team, after years of living close to, and then going to Brentford games though I like to watch them when their games don't clash. Much easier in the prem.

I live back up in Scotland so I'll be at far more Dunfermline games. 

19 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I’ve covered that already and stand by it. We have completely different views on football and how we like to see it played - it’s all about opinions.

However, you can’t deny you support Brentford when they are winning. 

Suddenly today you are Dunfermline’s biggest fan again.

Ah, so you like it when your defence passes it around before lumping it to no effect, that one shot from 30 yards is really how football should be played eh? 

I've already replied to you about my affinity and support for Brentford, being simple I understand it was a very long time ago for you and you've probably forgotten, so I've quoted it again, HTH. 

13 minutes ago, Raith_Raver said:

Raith_Raver is not a Falkirk fan.

PS - the clue is in the name.

No, you're just a rape apologist, your tears are the sweetest of all x 

6 minutes ago, Enigma said:

That result aside McGlynn’s record against the pars was pretty atrocious.

Not sure I agree with your definition of ‘atrocious’. In recent times when it mattered we had that 5-1 and also doing them over 2-0 in the play offs at Stark’s Park. That last season was three draws and a win for the Pars. Happy to give them that given they got relegated. 

4 minutes ago, roverthemoon said:

Not sure I agree with your definition of ‘atrocious’. In recent times when it mattered we had that 5-1 and also doing them over 2-0 in the play offs at Stark’s Park. That last season was three draws and a win for the Pars. Happy to give them that given they got relegated. 

One man’s “three draws and a win for the Pars” is another man’s “failed to beat one of the worst pars teams in recent memory in four goes at it”.

Edited by Enigma

8 minutes ago, Enigma said:

One man’s “three draws and a win for the Pars” is another man’s “failed to beat one of the worst pars teams in recent memory in four goes at it”.

You actually made me question my memory of the last few season so just checked. McGlynns last 10 games against the Pars as Rovers manager…

Played 10, Won 3, Drawn 5, Lost 2, Goals for 15, Goals against 11

Hardly ‘atrocious.’ Let’s not rewrite history. 

Edited by roverthemoon

6 minutes ago, roverthemoon said:

You actually made me question my memory of the last few season so just checked. McGlynns last 10 games against the Pars…

Played 10, Won 3, Drawn 5, Lost 2, Goals for 15, Goals against 11

Hardly ‘atrocious.’ Let’s not rewrite history. 

And what was his record like against the pars overall? Interesting you’ve selected an arbitrary “last 10 games”. I said his record against the pars (not just in the last 10 games) was pretty atrocious. I stand by that. Given the respective powers of both side last season our inability to beat the pars even once in four attempts last season isn’t a record we should be proud of.

Edited by Enigma

2 minutes ago, Enigma said:

And what was his record like against the pars overall? Interesting you’ve selected an arbitrary “last 10 games”. I said his record against the pars (not just in the last 10 games) was pretty atrocious. I stand by that. Given the respective powers of both side last season our inability to beat the pars even once in four attempts last season isn’t a record we should be proud of.

Last 10 games was pretty much all of his second spell as manager. Haven't gone back to 2010 because it was 12 years ago, a different era and a different McGlynn. Even then he ran them close for the league title on an absolute shoestring. Just find it weird that a Rovers fan would be so quick to trash a former manager who in recent times clearly got the better of rivals who consistently had a bigger fan base and superior budget to ours. 

3 minutes ago, roverthemoon said:

Last 10 games was pretty much all of his second spell as manager. Haven't gone back to 2010 because it was 12 years ago, a different era and a different McGlynn. Even then he ran them close for the league title on an absolute shoestring. Just find it weird that a Rovers fan would be so quick to trash a former manager who in recent times clearly got the better of rivals who consistently had a bigger fan base and superior budget to ours. 

Our budgets last season probably weren’t too far apart and he failed to beat them once… that first game last season took a hit in hope from Brad Spencer to rescue a draw the final game was one of the most gutless Rovers performances I’ve seen full stop. McGlynn was great for the rovers up until January 2022 but we all know aside from the 5-1 and the cup game the season before fife derbies weren’t really his forte.

McGlynn always has been and always will be a bitter slavering buffoon. Think it's a Jambo thing. The worst Pars team in living memory managed by our arguably 2 worst managers and one was "Yogi" and he couldn't beat us.

And he signed a rapist. Raith are well shot of him.

Brutal watch and if honest didn’t deserve to loose but equally didn’t deserve to win.They clearly came for a point and with the poor overall performances from Henderson Morrison Nesbitt Yeats McGinn we made life pretty easy. Their goal was made so easy by shambolic defending. Optimism from three or so games ago wearing thin, and unless we find the earlier good form, at best the playoffs. Don’t like to single out any player, but Morrison just two minutes into game was beat easily twice within a minute, and decided that he couldn’t give two Fcks for the remainder of game, shocked he wasn’t subbed early doors. Yet again big occasion let down. Real chance to get stay away fans, old and new back in additional numbers, and what do we get, an absolute shit show. 
Note for anyone in BOD or connected to them, get anyone with a drum to Fck, shouldn’t be anywhere near a football match. 

Falkirk fans talking about "good" football vs McPake's more pragmatic approach would have probably been fair comment after the game at EEP but after yesterday's game? Unless passing it between your centre halves then hoofing a long diagonal in the general direction of Burrell is something from the Guardiola handbook I can't see it. The fact that we had more shots on target suggests that we were more attacking than some would give credit for, although clearly one was the goal and one was after we scored.

Did we slow the game down, stay down after fouls and try to disruption Falkirk's rhythm? Absolutely. But dive, feign injury, pull shirts all the time? No, no and not any more than Falkirk did. Like I said on the match thread, the only real clanger the referee had was not booking Nisbett for the blatant shirt pull where he nearly had the shirt off the guys back at the neck yet the referee gave the foul but not the card. Benedictus should have been penalised for a strong shoulder/barge down the touchline too but the referee certainly didn't give Dunfermline everything as has been claimed. 

I still think Falkirk will be there or thereabouts at the end of the season but the worry for you guys will be if that is the sort of performance you put in if you get into a play off final or something. We know a thing or two about messing up play off games in front of big crowds and it's not a nice feeling at all.

Mcglynn mk2 was fantastic for us.  Dragged us out of League 1 and turned us into a respectable Championship side.  

I did get the feeling that he'd been found out a wee bit though.  Seeing comments around plenty nice football with zero end product is pretty reminiscent of the 2nd half of last season.  He didn't win any derbies last season against a terrible Dunfermline side, and the relative inability to play any other way contributed to that.

I still think he'll get Falkirk out this league given time, but it's looking like it's going to have to be via playoffs, which wasn't exactly his forte.  That or its a next season Jon like with us.

I don't he reacts particularly well in interviews in these games either.

Guest Back Post Misses

On reflection we have no option but to knuckle down and win next Saturday. There will be daft results in the league week in week out as yesterday showed 😉
Long way to go still but we don’t have much wriggle room left.

As I said on the match day thread Chris Hamilton playing in that holding role really is outstanding and protected the Dunfermline CH’s much better. As a result they looked much more sold than they did in the first game. 

We probably didn’t deserve to lose but that is what happens when you switch of at a set piece.