The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

Today reminded me why I don't go to much Scottish football now. Dunfermline time wasting after 20 minutes, shirt tugging, going down everytime we were in the box. They are within their rights to try these tactics but why oh why do the referees never deal with it? Awful game between two awful sides continually stopped flowing by poor gamesmanship and refereeing.

Conveniently ignoring McGinn, Nesbitt and your number 5 (Henderson?) getting away with dragging players back once they’d got past them, no bookings for them. Kennedy, Morrison, Nesbitt and Burrell going down all the time as well. Both teams were at it. Your number 5 also went down screaming for a free kick when he misjudged a high ball in the centre circle and Wighton got on the end of it.

Are you going to criticise Falkirk for these tactics too? Should the referee have dealt with the Falkirk players, or just the Dunfermline players? Cause he was equally bad for both teams. Both teams were deploying these tactics. In fact, you see the same tactics worldwide. Not just in Scottish football. Dry your eyes, you lost and the blame lies with your players/manager. Stop looking for someone else to blame/criticise.

You hit the nail on the head. A 0-0 draw would have been exactly what that game deserved had we managed to defend one cross. I don’t buy into this from Dunfermline that McPake went with this grand plan. His grand plan lead to nothing of note from open play.

Think the grand plan was to get 3 points and we got them lol

4 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

Conveniently ignoring McGinn, Nesbitt and your number 5 (Henderson?) getting away with dragging players back once they’d got past them, no bookings for them. Kennedy, Morrison, Nesbitt and Burrell going down all the time as well. Both teams were at it. Your number 5 also went down screaming for a free kick when he misjudged a high ball in the centre circle and Wighton got on the end of it.

Are you going to criticise Falkirk for these tactics too? Should the referee have dealt with the Falkirk players, or just the Dunfermline players? Cause he was equally bad for both teams. Both teams were deploying these tactics. In fact, you see the same tactics worldwide. Not just in Scottish football. Dry your eyes, you lost and the blame lies with your players/manager. Stop looking for someone else to blame/criticise.

Do you read posts? In my opening sentence I said we simply weren't good enough, however you conveniently missed that out your quote. 

In terms of the referee he wasn't the same for both sides. In 90 minutes he gave only 4 fouls against Dunfermline despite the time wasting and shirt pulling. I can't remember such a low foul count against a side in some time.

I don't need to dry my eyes, like pretty much every Falkirk fan on here has acknowledged on here tonight, we weren't unlucky, we weren't good enough.

21 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

Do you read posts? In my opening sentence I said we simply weren't good enough, however you conveniently missed that out your quote. 

In terms of the referee he wasn't the same for both sides. In 90 minutes he gave only 4 fouls against Dunfermline despite the time wasting and shirt pulling. I can't remember such a low foul count against a side in some time.

I don't need to dry my eyes, like pretty much every Falkirk fan on here has acknowledged on here tonight, we weren't unlucky, we weren't good enough.

A foul for time wasting? That would be a new one. We didn’t commit many fouls, that’s the pretty simple reason there weren’t many given against us. The ref did miss fouls for both teams, but he definitely did referee the same for both teams. Desperately clutching at straws to suggest otherwise.

Are you at the wind up? You’re complaining about Falkirk not getting free kicks for time wasting(?) and claiming that the referee favoured Dunfermline. In your next paragraph you then try to argue you’re taking the defeat well?

1 hour ago, Raith_Raver said:

I thought Falkirk would beat that mob. How a team that bad can keep sneaking results.

John McGlynn was the only manager in the league last season that didn’t manage to win a single game against Dunfermline. 

51 minutes ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

Absolutely shite. Disappointing that as well as going 7 points behind there were a good few fans there today that could have been teased back to a few more games this season if we'd played well.

Don't think that will be happening if that's all you'd seen of us this season..

Rancid.

Fans were very quiet today, and agree with other posters that we were pretty shit overall - frustrated by Morrison never beating his man and hitting the bye line . In general we couldn’t get in behind and the resultant long angled  balls played right into their hands. We got what we deserved virtually no chances and no goals whilst they had a few chances and one goal.We now lead a lot of breaks to win this league

We were too route 1 all day, played into the hands of their defenders with no support for Burrell all game. Far too slow in the build up telegraphing every pass we made. 

Kai Kennedy. Bad enough he wears number 73 but also wearing gloves then turning in one of the worst displays of the season was seethe inducing too.  

The only plus point is Dunfermline weren't great either oh and God. What a buzz seeing him and Sammy pre match. 

3 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

They are not a good team, they aren’t pretty on the eye, there coach is horrible tactically but they are an effective team and that’s evident from the league table.

Most points- best goal difference - least goals against,  indeed half that of our nearest competitor,  yet we're not a good side?  Peak barcelona or brazil we aren't but we aren't playing at that level. 

Couldn't give the slightest f**k about whatever your opinion of pretty football is,  winning is the prettiest thing a side can do.

Don't know where your judging mcpakes tactics from but he has done well all season and got today spot on.

1 hour ago, parsforlife said:

Most points- best goal difference - least goals against,  indeed half that of our nearest competitor,  yet we're not a good side?  Peak barcelona or brazil we aren't but we aren't playing at that level. 

Couldn't give the slightest f**k about whatever your opinion of pretty football is,  winning is the prettiest thing a side can do.

Don't know where your judging mcpakes tactics from but he has done well all season and got today spot on.

I was praising you so take it at that. You are top of the league as, as I stated you are a very effective team.

But come on mate, tactically, McPake has always put out teams that are very route one and play very little football. Dundee played exactly the same under him.

Granted, he’s got you top of the league and deservedly so but it’s just not a style that personally, I enjoy, and it’s very, very dated.

Utterly awful game of football.  We absolutely played into their hands - we needed to keep the tempo up and Dunfermline knew that and slowed down the game at every turn.  Stifling the game, taking an age at set pieces, going down “injured”.  And we just settled back and let them do it.  Nobody on our team wanted to take the game to them.

Should have been 0-0 really but the marking for their goal was just laughable.  

Can we please finally put to bed this shit about Kennedy being the answer.  He absolutely stunk the place out - McGuffie might not be De Bruyne but he’s much better.  Yeats as well was really poor and I think needs rested, and maybe Lawal played instead?

In truth only Donaldson and Burrell, and maybe McCann, deserved pass marks.  

Bizarrely quiet crowd as well.

Dunfermline are a dully pragmatic team, painful to watch but winning is all that matters really.  We won’t finish above them in the league as we are too inconsistent, but I still fancy us to get up in the playoffs.

1 hour ago, Disco Duck said:

Utterly awful game of football.  We absolutely played into their hands - we needed to keep the tempo up and Dunfermline knew that and slowed down the game at every turn.  Stifling the game, taking an age at set pieces, going down “injured”.  And we just settled back and let them do it.  Nobody on our team wanted to take the game to them.

Should have been 0-0 really but the marking for their goal was just laughable.  

Can we please finally put to bed this shit about Kennedy being the answer.  He absolutely stunk the place out - McGuffie might not be De Bruyne but he’s much better.  Yeats as well was really poor and I think needs rested, and maybe Lawal played instead?

In truth only Donaldson and Burrell, and maybe McCann, deserved pass marks.  

Bizarrely quiet crowd as well.

Dunfermline are a dully pragmatic team, painful to watch but winning is all that matters really.  We won’t finish above them in the league as we are too inconsistent, but I still fancy us to get up in the playoffs.

Do you really expect the crowd to be buzzing watching us play a dozen passes in our own half before lumping it forward to zero effect?

6 hours ago, Tea and Busquets said:

I thought we were slightly the better team, a 6/10 performance. They are brutal however brutal has got them clear now. Time wasting in the first half, faking injury and getting every decision under the sun probably helped. They will drop points but we need to be better.

6 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

We knew they were going to be like that and should have been set up tactically to combat it.

Listen, McPake is a dinosaur of a manager for such a young man, and I honestly don’t want coaches like him anywhere near Scottish football as he’s from the dark ages and it holds our overall game back, but his tactics are proving to be effective at this level as his teams have only lost 1 game and are 7 points ahead of us.

Don’t be surprised if McPake secures promotion at the end of this season.

6 hours ago, Blame Me said:

I thought we were decent without creating much. 

The play acting from them was embarrassing and bar the set piece they had not much more than us.

7 hours ago, Tea and Busquets said:

Two terrible teams where a 0-0 draw wouldn’t have looked out of place. In games like today we need to defend set pieces better. Neither keeper I think had a save to make. Referee was atrocious. 7 points is a big gap and now puts the pressure on to beat them twice later in the season. 

6 hours ago, Raith_Raver said:

I thought Falkirk would beat that mob. How a team that bad can keep sneaking results.

6 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Listen no football fans like to see this from an opposing team but McPake has been a manager for 3 years now so what did we expect ? That’s how he sets his teams up. Yes it’s awful, yes it’s not how I want Falkirk to play, yes it’s not helping our overall game progress but he got 3 points.

I’m more worried that we were unable to counter it.

6 hours ago, Ecosse83 said:

They are honking mate but we were shite today as well. Wouldn’t mind swapping Benedictus for Henderson, he gives me the fear at the back! 

5 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

We never really looked like scoring tbh and that’s what’s frustrating. They are not a good team, they aren’t pretty on the eye, there coach is horrible tactically but they are an effective team and that’s evident from the league table.

Was wondering where all the Falkirk fans were in the match thread, here they are, absolutely delightful. 

Inject these posts straight into the veins baby, lovely, lovely stuff. 

mrw GIF

2 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Do you really expect the crowd to be buzzing watching us play a dozen passes in our own half before lumping it forward to zero effect?

I get your point but it was right from the start - really good in the buildup but as soon as the match kicked off it just went quiet.  Fear on the inevitable?  Too many part-timers?  Dunno, just odd.