The Falkirk FC Thread

A draw would have been a fair result. Kelty much better first half and us the second. The third goal killed our momentum for a period. The two up top caused a few problems for the Kelty back line. The subs all made a different IMO and could all start next arguably. The terrible first two goals cost us over all. 
Final mention for the atrocious officiating again. Two weeks ago Alegria was sent off for two bookings, one for blocking a free kick and one for diving. Their number 22 striker done both and did not receive a yellow for either. Really really poor decisions again with no consistency. Luckily, Dunfermline didn’t stretch their lead, but on the other hand it’s a big chance wasted. Let’s see what Kelty do at East End next week.

Guest Back Post Misses

Atrocious first half. Lost the third when we had our tails up and then when too long. 
Real opportunity lost to make ground on the Fifers but at least no damage was done.

We gave the sort of midfield and defensive performances that was pure 21/22 season. Why? Because Kelty bullied them. No great football, just a bit of grunt and that’s Nesbitt and McGuffie done.

Thing is, I think we might be more susceptible to that kind of performance than we realise. If McGuffie and Nesbitt both play, the Kelty manager can’t be the only one realising that giving those two a dunt early on kind of ensures that both fade out of the game, and our midfield becomes McGinn and Yeats.

Three truly dire performances now. I just don’t know if McGlynn has the players or set up to stop it from happening again. Today wasn’t a blip…..it is a characteristic of our team that we have to hope McGlynn and Smith can eradicate.

5 hours ago, Tea and Busquets said:

Away kit at home… Not a fan.

I thought it was a bit strange so asked the kitman. We were due to play in blue but the ref thought it was too similar to their maroon, hence the change.

I'm guessing if their away strip was white it wouldn't have been necessary.   

Was i the only one who thought Alegria was terrible today? He got flung about along game by Forster, failed to make runs into the channels, didn’t win headers nor hold the ball up. His goal really papered over how bad he was. 
We put out a team to pass around them today, the exact same style didn’t work against them in the first game, again it didn’t work today. The first half was pathetic today, players not fighting in any position 

25 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

We gave the sort of midfield and defensive performances that was pure 21/22 season. Why? Because Kelty bullied them. No great football, just a bit of grunt and that’s Nesbitt and McGuffie done.

Thing is, I think we might be more susceptible to that kind of performance than we realise. If McGuffie and Nesbitt both play, the Kelty manager can’t be the only one realising that giving those two a dunt early on kind of ensures that both fade out of the game, and our midfield becomes McGinn and Yeats.

Three truly dire performances now. I just don’t know if McGlynn has the players or set up to stop it from happening again. Today wasn’t a blip…..it is a characteristic of our team that we have to hope McGlynn and Smith can eradicate.

I actually didn't think nesbitt was that bad today and was at least getting involved and actually put himself about a bit . Mcguffie and Oliver were two of the worst culprits. McCann had his poorest game for a while. Second half we were a lot better with both Yeats and lawall actually starting to win challenges and compete physically. Surely they have to be in line for a start.

26 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

I thought it was a bit strange so asked the kitman. We were due to play in blue but the ref thought it was too similar to their maroon, hence the change.

Navy blue and Maroon being too similar. That should have been the warning sign we needed about the ref. 

22 minutes ago, Shabba said:

Was i the only one who thought Alegria was terrible today? He got flung about along game by Forster, failed to make runs into the channels, didn’t win headers nor hold the ball up. His goal really papered over how bad he was. 
We put out a team to pass around them today, the exact same style didn’t work against them in the first game, again it didn’t work today. The first half was pathetic today, players not fighting in any position 

Don’t think he was near terrible. He was so isolated first half. Second half it helped having Burrell next to him. 

9 minutes ago, Tea and Busquets said:

Navy blue and Maroon being too similar. That should have been the warning sign we needed about the ref. 

What I don't get is that last season we were told our light blue away strip wasn't allowed and yet we have seen at least two teams with blue away strips at TFS this season.🤷

3 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

What I don't get is that last season we were told our light blue away strip wasn't allowed and yet we have seen at least two teams with blue away strips at TFS this season.🤷

Said this today too. We should have stuck to our guns and made them play in our away strip. 

38 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Once we agreed (or were forced?) to change to red today the blue away strip was the only option for Kelty. That one is understandable. 

Not sure about the QOS light blue. It happened in August, so maybe they'll have to get a third strip just as we did last year? I'm sure one of their fans who monitor this thread will enlighten us. 

Guest Caractacus Potts

Wasn’t the problem that our Navy blue and light blue both clashed home colours? That was even pointed out by some on here before we even played a game. 

Sure Kelty’s away top would have been fine if they had it. In any case it’s not the biggest issue about today.

The annoying thing about today, is that, for a team who have recently been showing signs that they don’t don’t give up goals, handed a buoyant Kelty a two goal start!

The recent run had given the support enough confidence to cut the team some slack at going the early goal down, thinking it would be recoverable. Even at 2 down, thoughts were that they had to screw the nut & dig in to get back in the game. Yet as the 1st half wore on, there was no improvement & pressing the ball non existent (well from us anyway) The formation/selection wasn’t working & changes were going to have to be made. These should have started from about the half hour mark.

By the end of the half, you just had echoes of last season starting to permeate back into what was going on.

Too little to late, by the time the manager took the decision to make changes, meant we ran out of time at the end of the game.

Folk can complain about the officials or Kelty’s antics, but it just comes down to their own fault for conceding the points, in the fashion they did.

Lessons to be learned, but time to focus on correcting issues & moving on to the next game.

Edited by kiddy

1 hour ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Load of nonsense then from the ref, as their keeper had a strip far closer in colour to their blue than any other possible clash with us.

13 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Load of nonsense then from the ref, as their keeper had a strip far closer in colour to their blue than any other possible clash with us.

I said this as soon as the teams came out. Surely they had an alternative keeper kit though knowing our luck that will ha e been red

On todays game, no complaints from me about the score. We had 3 passengers in that first half, no pace, no urgency and no real desire. The goals we lost were poor and we could easily have been 3 down at half time. We can't turn up for 45 minutes only and expect to win but annoyingly I think we would have won if we'd got to 2-2 before Kelty made it 1-3. 

Callum Morrison is my son's favourite player and I thought he'd have gone in a huff when I told him he'd been subbed but he summed up Morrison's performance perfectly when he replied that he didn't even realise he was playing. 

That performance today should surely see McGuffie dropped.

14 minutes ago, FK1Bairn said:

I said this as soon as the teams came out. Surely they had an alternative keeper kit though knowing our luck that will ha e been red

On todays game, no complaints from me about the score. We had 3 passengers in that first half, no pace, no urgency and no real desire. The goals we lost were poor and we could easily have been 3 down at half time. We can't turn up for 45 minutes only and expect to win but annoyingly I think we would have won if we'd got to 2-2 before Kelty made it 1-3. 

Callum Morrison is my son's favourite player and I thought he'd have gone in a huff when I told him he'd been subbed but he summed up Morrison's performance perfectly when he replied that he didn't even realise he was playing. 

That performance today should surely see McGuffie dropped.

I'd say McGuffie was hopeless but at least he tried. Morrison's and Oliver's "performances" were just diabolical.

Bit of a wake up call for us today Imo. I think too many players felt they could just pitch up and turn Kelty over after a few decent wins.

My view is that having Nesbitt, Mcguffie and Morrison in the starting 11 will always create a huge chance of downing tools when the going gets tough. We also looked very poor defensively, which is very concerning.

Edited by PedroMoutinho