The Falkirk FC Thread

Guest Back Post Misses
7 hours ago, Grant228 said:

A draw away to Montrose is a fine result, I'd be content enough with that when we play them away. 

The Hoofball Derby

Guest Back Post Misses

Morrison on it is our most effective player. TBF he has been on more often than not this season especially after the first 2/3 games. 

Like most yesterday he let his standards drop a bit.  

Alegria’s physical presence was missed yesterday as Burrell never won anything all day. He would play Tuesday for me. 

Really enjoying mcglynns post match interviews. Honest, very clear assessment of games. Describes what we did right and wrong. Puts fair pressure on players who haven't done well, praises good performances. As a fan gives confidence.

Re the debate on whether a draw at Montrose is an acceptable result I'm in the camp that says it is. A draw away at Dunfermline and Montrose is a worse result for them ... especially IF we beat them at home

In many ways it was very much like the 0-0 game earlier on in the season, scrappy affair with nothing really between the teams. 

A draws obviously not a bad result but for me it was just disappointing to see us perform nowhere near the level we've shown since that 0-0 game at the Falkirk stadium. Too many times we tried to dink a ball over the top which Waddell & Dillon loved heading away.

Edited by FFC 1876

8 hours ago, PortyMo said:

Because we took 10 points out of 12 from you last season. Because we have been in the play offs every season since we have been in league 1. Something that you haven't. You are in the seaside league on merit.

We are absolutely here on merit and you won’t find a single Falkirk fan who will tell you different. However last seasons results and your playoff history has absolutely no relevance to yesterdays match. We have a new management team and 8 of our starting 11 have changed. Looking at both teams, yesterday is a game we should’ve won and the fact we stunk the place out and came away with a point seems to back that up. 

Guest Back Post Misses
4 hours ago, PedroMoutinho said:

I don’t think a draw away at Montrose is a particularly bad result. But equally it’s yet another game against a top side that we’ve failed to win.

It’s all very well beating your Peterhead’s and Clyde’s but won’t be going up this season either automatically or via the play offs if we cannot beat these top 4 teams.

We cuffed Edinburgh 

Guest FFC1965

Strange decision regarding the penalty.  The challenge was virtually identical to one at Links Park when Michael Doyle barged into a Montrose player and a penalty was awarded.  

That said, if we had won it would have been a bit fortunate.  I thought it was a decent match with neither team dominating even if we looked the more likely to do so 2nd half - but we were far from our best esp 1st half and the error by Burrell that led to their goal was very poor.   

The way I see it - a disappointing performance where we didn’t reach anywhere near the heights we’ve reached in previous weeks, but nowhere as terrible as some are saying. It would be nice to win these games and solidify ourselves as title contenders, but given last year where we consistently folded in games like this, taking a point from a tough venue where we didn’t play very well is a pretty okay result. The league campaign is long and if we draw these games away and manage to beat them at home, we won’t be too far away at the end of it. We move on to Tuesday. 

15 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Why are folk hanging up on the fact that it's Montrose? They are a side who have been equal to or better than us for basically all of our time in this league.

That is exactly the reason that some do not view this result in a particularly favourable light. Because the argument here is not "We should be swatting aside part-time Montrose no questions asked". Anyone advancing that theory has been living under a rock for the past few seasons. It's actually the exact opposite. Montrose have been a very decent side at this level for several seasons and, if not perhaps viewed as a direct rival, would certainly be expected to put in a strong challenge for the top-four. In other words, the type of game we have struggled so badly in since relegation. That's the context in which some will view a draw and fairly mundane performance as nothing to get massively excited about. Yet another missed opportunity. Not that a draw at Links Park is, by itself, a disastrous result or anything close to it. But an acknowledgement that assuming the role of flat track bully against the likes of Clyde and Peterhead is not going to be sufficient to gain promotion. There still needs to be more evidence - much more - that we are capable of regularly beating the other teams likely to be challenging at the top.

Guest Back Post Misses
2 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I get your point but I think he was referring to Airdrie and Montrose ie. The more regular top 4 teams.

Airdrie have won one in 6. 

22 minutes ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

The way I see it - a disappointing performance where we didn’t reach anywhere near the heights we’ve reached in previous weeks, but nowhere as terrible as some are saying. It would be nice to win these games and solidify ourselves as title contenders, but given last year where we consistently folded in games like this, taking a point from a tough venue where we didn’t play very well is a pretty okay result. The league campaign is long and if we draw these games away and manage to beat them at home, we won’t be too far away at the end of it. We move on to Tuesday. 

Common sense prevails, thanks 

1 hour ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Edinburgh will not be a top 4 side come the end of the season Imo

They will either be one of those sides who your waiting on for the bubble to burst and it doesn't or like you say injuries n suspensions take their toll and they fall away. If they do manage to stay in the top four that will be some achievement, but you can be victims of your own success, look at Arbroath this season.