The Falkirk FC Thread

Guest Back Post Misses

The tone was set in about five seconds when Yeats miscontrolled the ball.

They could have put the game out of site in the first 20 min before we started to get a foot on the ball and started to pass the ball. 

Ironically we had a grip on the game when Burrell gave it away and they scored.

We were better 2nd half but missed too many chances. 

Montrose are very physical,  very direct but on the whole we handled them pretty well. 

Draw was probably fair 

Was hoping to continue the fine form, but suspected this was going to be very difficult. A game we would have previously lost, but still a very poor opening 45. Albeit a better second 45, however  credit to Montrose who undoubtedly will be around the top four. Fife result tarnishes the point, but I’d have taken this before kick off. Yes three would have been great but we’re progressing and considering we had six/seven players off form it’s a decent point. 

Guest Back Post Misses
6 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Looks like the backside has fallen out of Airdrie.

Pleasing.

I said at the start of the season I didn’t think McCabe wouldn’t see Christmas in the job. Looking more likely as the weeks go by

1 hour ago, Ross-B said:

Im really starting to dislike Morrison.Why the f**k did he not play in Kennedy instead of shooting. His greediness is costing us. 

I’ve probably been one of Morrisons biggest critics on here, he drives me fucking wild with his greed and constant dodgy decision making. On the other hand though if this was not an issue for him he wouldn’t be with us as he constantly gets himself into good positions.

40 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

The tone was set in about five seconds when Yeats miscontrolled the ball.

They could have put the game out of site in the first 20 min before we started to get a foot on the ball and started to pass the ball. 

Ironically we had a grip on the game when Burrell gave it away and they scored.

We were better 2nd half but missed too many chances. 

Montrose are very physical,  very direct but on the whole we handled them pretty well. 

Draw was probably fair 

See I don't think we really created anything today, especially compared to the past few games. Montrose were a lot better at putting us under pressure and didn't really allow us any space. Dillon had another field day at the back especially when Morrison went up against him in the second half. 

Other than the Morrison sclaf I can't think of anymore decent chances we created, we only really had pot shots from outside the box. 

33 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

I’ve probably been one of Morrisons biggest critics on here, he drives me fucking wild with his greed and constant dodgy decision making. On the other hand though if this was not an issue for him he wouldn’t be with us as he constantly gets himself into good positions.

Probably not far behind you on Morrison however I’m trying to keep positive with our previous fine form. 

Not having the same excuse that he gets goals. If you shoot often enough you will score on occasion.
However football is a team sport and when there are more blatant opportunities for your colleagues to score for the team you should put the team first.
Doesn’t feel like Morrison is a team player and I think some time on the bench might do him some good….

Think a few had bad games today, Yeats, McGuffie and Burrel in particular. McKay was an improvement on Yeats and Kennedy an improvement on McGuffie but not having Alegria to strengthen the attack cost us. First half was just messy and losing that goal on a silly pass cost us the win. Second half improved and I thought for a while if anyone was going to score it would be us but the chances were just not materialising. Frustrating but could be worse I think! 

15 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

Morrison needs some time on the bench - LOL I’ve read it all now. Our most important player. 

Really? Interesting.  1) He's a selfish bugger. Not the first game already this season when he's not passed in the penalty area for someone else better placed. Not passing to  Kennedy today was shameful. 2) how many decent crosses did he put in today for the strikers? ( hint - not effing many. Not really a productive return for our main wide man. 3) how often did he actually beat his (elderly) marker?  (see no. 2) 4) how often does he actually lift his head when in possession and look around himself? Nah, could -and should - be doing better. 

I'd also be ok with giving Kennedy a start & sticking Morrison on the bench for a wee change - Kennedy caused plenty problems out wide left in the spell he had today. 

Genuinely can't believe what I'm reading. Decent draw against Montrose? Everyone loving howthe last few weeks have went but suddenly a draw away to Montrose is great.  It really isn't good enough if we want to win the league. Dunfermline getting lucky but getting results none the less. 

How far have we fallen. 

Edited by Hartleys18/19Army

11 minutes ago, Bigbri Bairn said:

Was Yeats not up against Michael Gardyne ? Tough ask for a young lad not used to the position

Absolutely, and he has done well beyond his years and experience thus far. But I think today was just a bit out of his depth and wasn't his best game as a result

6 minutes ago, Hartleys18/19Army said:

Genuinely can't believe what I'm reading. Decent draw against Montrose? Everyone loving howthe last few weeks have went but suddenly a draw away to Montrose is great.  It really isn't good enough if we want to win the league. Dunfermline getting lucky but getting results none the less. 

How far have we fallen. 

What a piece of shite mate, we’ve been abhorrent in the past few seasons, and so far (exception KH & Airdrie) it’s been a positive improvement. Not many teams will get a positive result up there, so your post is way off mark. 

1 minute ago, Springfield said:

What a piece of shite mate, we’ve been abhorrent in the past few seasons, and so far (exception KH & Airdrie) it’s been a positive improvement. Not many teams will get a positive result up there, so your post is way off mark. 

You're exactly the problem. We should be going up there and getting 3 points. Don't come crying to me when we've had 1 too many bad results at the end of the season and still stuck down here as dunfermline shitfest their way to the title. 

4 minutes ago, Hartleys18/19Army said:

You're exactly the problem. We should be going up there and getting 3 points. Don't come crying to me when we've had 1 too many bad results at the end of the season and still stuck down here as dunfermline shitfest their way to the title. 

Check my posts mate, your way off, I’ve been critical for some time of the club, players, etc. However I’ve given the club  the support/benefit of doubt so far this season, and today was certainly a disappointment. Crying to you mate……you sound like a keyboard warrior and probably attends Fck all games