The Falkirk FC Thread

37 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

The MSG had run its course as an entity, even they would admit that. No idea what his relationship is like with some of the former members now.

However by the sound of the podcast they keep them in the loop about what is happening at the club, as they should as they still have a significant shareholding. 

Again thanks - The Rawlins and Sandy Alexander still own over 30% of the shares between them don’t they ? 

Guest Ecosse83

Well I’m absolutely steaming abroad and going on a trip tomorrow so won’t see the result until well after the game is done, it will feel like the old ceefax days 😂

1 hour ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Again thanks - The Rawlins and Sandy Alexander still own over 30% of the shares between them don’t they ? 

I thought the crunchie stand was rented to the club by double sandy ...if that's still the case then he would surely have to protect his investment with a soft loan ..or have I got this wrong 

Guest Back Post Misses
2 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Add on Martin Ritchie it will be about 35% I think 

1 hour ago, Ecosse83 said:

Well I’m absolutely steaming abroad and going on a trip tomorrow so won’t see the result until well after the game is done, it will feel like the old ceefax days 😂

“Welcome to Falkirk Club Call. In about 4 premium rate phone minutes from now when we are done stalling you, we will update you with 1 minutes worth of Falkirk news.”

25 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

“Welcome to Falkirk Club Call. In about 4 premium rate phone minutes from now when we are done stalling you, we will update you with 1 minutes worth of Falkirk news.”

Yep. Got a few “tellings off” from the parents over that phone number 😂

Was 60 secs in before they got to the end of “Welcome….to…the….Falkirk…Football…Club….Club…………….Call”

Nothing like rewriting history, Martin Rennie and Sandy Alexander are benevolent fans just needing to take a back seat as they reassess their relationship with the club 😆😂 and not 2 guys who were given dogs abuse on here for years? Anyway thankfully there's a game on today and we can focus on that, a good result to keep us improving would be nice and the feel good factor will potentially see home crowds increase again cutting the debt to a small extent.

Peterhead have probably got the biggest squad in the league. Including the young guys and Wilson we're around the 27 mark, some clubs running with as little as 20.

Anyway, they might be depleted but are coming off the back of a couple of decent results with a draw at East End and keeping Edinburgh out for over 80 minutes in midweek. It won't be an easy game but at least they've got Paul Dixon at the back 

46 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Peterhead have probably got the biggest squad in the league. Including the young guys and Wilson we're around the 27 mark, some clubs running with as little as 20.

Anyway, they might be depleted but are coming off the back of a couple of decent results with a draw at East End and keeping Edinburgh out for over 80 minutes in midweek. It won't be an easy game but at least they've got Paul Dixon at the back 

Looks to me like the "16" is only about 8 or 9, with a few doubtfuls. A couple are new signings not even registered yet! How many times have we seen doubtfuls make it though. I'd put money on half of those at least making it.

The list of absentees and possible absentees on the Peterhead website.

ruling out Robbie McGale, David Wilson, Jack Wilkie, Ewan Murray, Andrew McCarthy, Hamish Ritchie, Russell McLean and Ola Adeyemo.

The absentee list could grow further with doubts over Paul Dixon, Christiano Kisuka and Conor O’Keefe who missed out in midweek as well as Ryan Strachan, Ryan Dow and Jack Brown who all picked up knocks in the game against FC Edinburgh.

7 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Exactly. 8 out, possibly a couple more.

I mind in the summer McInally and Peterhead moaning about recruitment but yet have one of the biggest squads in the league and can recruit from abroad.

19 hours ago, Springfield said:

Unfortunately we are not in a stable financial position to pick and choose who might want to invest. Yes there’s predators around, but I’m sure the BOD are fully updated with who they are. For me SA & MR did make several mistakes and no doubt look back probably with a mixture of anger, sadness and a far different opinion on a number of so called directors, chairman and people who have nearly brought the club down.

Times move on, and if R&S are prepared to re-invest wether it’s shares, soft loans or simply a cash investment we’d be crazy not to consider.

I couldn’t give two Fcks if the current BOD guys have made initial negative comments about R&A, grow a pair, apologise and we all move on.

Rather these two than one of the names that’s rumoured to be sniffing about. The thought of this individual gives me the fear.

1 hour ago, gav-ffc said:

I mind in the summer McInally and Peterhead moaning about recruitment but yet have one of the biggest squads in the league and can recruit from abroad.

As you know only too well.  Having a squad and having players is two completely different things.  We have Paul Dixon in our squad.