The Falkirk FC Thread

In terms of exposure for FSS, I've recently been thinking that the concourse might be good advertising space? Could posters be hung up? People getting pies at half time might have a read while they wait in line? This also maybe goes for selling sponsorship space, seems like good real estate for selling advertising. Likewise on the stairs heading into the stadium

Edited by Jimmy1876

26 minutes ago, Jimmy1876 said:

In terms of exposure for FSS, I've recently been thinking that the concourse might be good advertising space? Could posters be hung up? People getting pies at half time might have a read while they wait in line? This also maybe goes for selling sponsorship space, seems like good real estate for selling advertising. Likewise on the stairs heading into the stadium

There used to be advertising in the concourse.

19 hours ago, LatapyBairn. said:

There’s a bit of a difference between “donation” as you’ve put it and purchasing shares in the club. I donated money in 1997 when the club was in dire straits, in this instance my direct debt to the Falkirk Supporters Society is something completely different, the society along with the patrons group will eventually own 51% of the club effectively safeguarding the club from unscrupulous opportunist individuals we’ve seen over the years and giving us fans a proper voice. To say that the model isn’t sustainable is quite obviously untrue when you look at clubs of similar size thriving under fan ownership, Motherwell and St Mirren being the obvious examples and Hearts to a larger extent. Morton are now also majority fan owned I believe and although not flush with cash are on a far more stable footing than they were previously, there are far more examples of successful fan owned and run clubs than there are examples of unsuccessful ones.

Weren’t you about 13 in 1997? 😐

Weren’t you about 13 in 1997? [emoji52]
I was 11/12 when that shit was going on. I put all of my pocket money in, and sought to earn more so I could help.

It wasn't much, granted. Who knew all those years later, that little investment as a daft wee laddie would allow me to lord it like f**k over all the Rangers fans I grew up with.....

3 hours ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

He certainly was.

Now a complete u- turn.

Out with the begging bowl.

I think their is a subtle but important difference between a “begging bowl” comment, and (for now), what they are trying to achieve.

Increased FSS revenue buys shares…….I guess it’s altruism, and a bit of charitable spirit, but there is something tangible in exchange for the cash, so it certainly isn’t the politics of the begging bowl.

1 hour ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I think we should change the name to Fabulous Falkirk Supporters and have big signs all over the place with FFS. That would catch the eye and would be great for social media hits.

I know when French Connection rebranded to FCUK the impact on their profits was massive.

Something to consider.

Or the Great Trust of Falkirk.

Then if anyone asks, are you a Fifer you can say- GTF! 

1 hour ago, Duncan Freemason said:

I think their is a subtle but important difference between a “begging bowl” comment, and (for now), what they are trying to achieve.

Increased FSS revenue buys shares…….I guess it’s altruism, and a bit of charitable spirit, but there is something tangible in exchange for the cash, so it certainly isn’t the politics of the begging bowl.

Fair enough but I just can’t see how FSS is going to be able to raise enough money, or indeed sign up enough members to cover those losses. It’ll probably get reasonable numbers but over some considerable time. My guess would be around 900 by the end of the season.

The next step, by the end of this month would be to tap the Patrons for another £10k each and my guess is that would pull in around £100k.

At the same time I think they said they would be in touch with MR, SA and the Moffatts and it’s anyone’s guess as to what the reaction would be. SA might defer or forgive the rent on the SS for a period but, again, who knows?

If the old MSG decide to help out I would think they would need strong representation on the Board completely independent of the Patrons or FSS. The Rawlins might also require board representation.

Anyway, just my take on things having read the newsletters and watched the podcast.

Interesting times, but somehow, I think we’ll navigate through as the whole atmosphere has been uplifted by the appointment of John and Paul.

Football- what a business!!

2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

I was 11/12 when that shit was going on. I put all of my pocket money in, and sought to earn more so I could help.

It wasn't much, granted. Who knew all those years later, that little investment as a daft wee laddie would allow me to lord it like f**k over all the Rangers fans I grew up with.....

True, very true.

Guest Back Post Misses
4 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I’m confused now, really confused. So, are we going to the MSG for soft loans or are the new board totally against this and will finance any shortfall through soft loans of their own ??

They said on that podcast they would be speaking to a number of key stakeholders including the former MSG

On 06/10/2022 at 10:15, ShaggerG said:

Which (or is it all) of the current BOD described SA as not being a 'fantastic fan of the club' or, as you allude to, describing him as something much worse? I'm not having a go here as I honestly don't know.

I'm obviously aware of the clamour to get rid of them, especially by some on here, due to them being seen as the culprits in appointing past failure but would be interested to hear why you think there's been a 'turnaround' by the BOD.

Personally I would never be against a wealthy fan or fans of the club that are willing to invest as long as they're not looking for full control or want to treat the club as some sort of vanity project and I would certainly want that investment to run alongside the FSS involvement. I hope that some sort of deal can be sorted to allow that to happen. 

I cannot speak on behalf of the current Board members, but I am going to try anyway……

The desire for change was driven almost entirely by Sandy and Martin both retreating from the front line governship of the club, and (as mentioned), supporting the appointment of George Craig (yes, I know it beggars belief, but it really did happen), and then allowed Mr Lidl…..a man with zero interest in anyone with less money than him….to appoint Gary Deans as Chairman.

I doubt very much that either of them (Craig & Deans) have come near FFC since stepping down……and with good reason.

M&S were always hugely loyal Bairns. However, in the best interests of the Club, they needed to re-assess how their unarguable power was best utilised.

I think the Rawlins would bite the hands off anyone making them an offer for their shares, but as things stand those shares are worth buttons. Maybe the FSS could offer them 10p for them. Aye, 10p each. Can’t be stingy about these things. The Rawlins aren’t coming back any time soon.

The new guys wanted M&S to withdraw not because they were bad people, or because they were an enemy of the club like the guy at Morton a few years back.
They wanted them to withdraw to allow new people with a new vision to try and get things headed in the right direction……but I don’t think the new guys understood fully the entirety of the reasons why Deans, Thomson, Miller et al were happy to jump ship. Once they saw the balance sheet, then I think the tsunami of incompetence hit them square in the chops.

Edited by Duncan Freemason

2 hours ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Fair enough but I just can’t see how FSS is going to be able to raise enough money, or indeed sign up enough members to cover those losses. It’ll probably get reasonable numbers but over some considerable time. My guess would be around 900 by the end of the season.

The next step, by the end of this month would be to tap the Patrons for another £10k each and my guess is that would pull in around £100k.

At the same time I think they said they would be in touch with MR, SA and the Moffatts and it’s anyone’s guess as to what the reaction would be. SA might defer or forgive the rent on the SS for a period but, again, who knows?

If the old MSG decide to help out I would think they would need strong representation on the Board completely independent of the Patrons or FSS. The Rawlins might also require board representation.

Anyway, just my take on things having read the newsletters and watched the podcast.

Interesting times, but somehow, I think we’ll navigate through as the whole atmosphere has been uplifted by the appointment of John and Paul.

Football- what a business!!

TBH I don’t think having a larger board with wider representation would be a bad thing 

23 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

They said on that podcast they would be speaking to a number of key stakeholders including the former MSG

Thanks mate. So why are posters saying Kenny Jamieson said publicly he wanted the MSG having nothing to do with the club ?

All this he said/she did/they think crap on here does my fucking tits in.

41 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

I cannot speak on behalf of the current Board members, but I am going to try anyway……

The desire for change was driven almost entirely by Sandy and Martin both retreating from the front line governship of the club, and (as mentioned), supporting the appointment of George Craig (yes, I know it beggars belief, but it really did happen), and then allowed Mr Lidl…..a man with zero interest in anyone with less money than him….to appoint Gary Deans as Chairman.

I doubt very much that either of them (Craig & Deans) have come near FFC since stepping down……and with good reason.

M&S were always hugely loyal Bairns. However, in the best interests of the Club, they needed to re-assess how their unarguable power was best.

I think the Rawlins would bite the hands off anyone making them an offer for their shares, but as things stand those shares are worth buttons. Maybe the FSS could offer them 10p for them. Aye, 10p each. Can’t be stingy about these things. The Rawlins aren’t coming back any time soon.

The new guys wanted M&S to withdraw not because they were bad people, or because they were an enemy of the club like the guy at Morton a few years back.
They wanted them to withdraw to allow new people with a new vision to try and get things headed in the right direction……but I don’t think the new guys understood fully the entirety of the reasons why Deans, Thomson, Miller et al were happy to jump ship. Once they saw the balance sheet, then I think the tsunami of incompetence hit them square in the chops.

Thanks for the summary. 

I for one would be happy to see them invest but on the condition that they let the BOD get on with reviving our fortunes. Don't think I would want Mr Lidl involved though as he clearly would have no interest in me!

2 hours ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Aye, let’s get Gary Deans back….or maybe Lex Miller….how about Andy Thomson? They are independent of the FSS or PG!

Edited by Zbairn

Unfortunately we are not in a stable financial position to pick and choose who might want to invest. Yes there’s predators around, but I’m sure the BOD are fully updated with who they are. For me SA & MR did make several mistakes and no doubt look back probably with a mixture of anger, sadness and a far different opinion on a number of so called directors, chairman and people who have nearly brought the club down.

Times move on, and if R&S are prepared to re-invest wether it’s shares, soft loans or simply a cash investment we’d be crazy not to consider.

I couldn’t give two Fcks if the current BOD guys have made initial negative comments about R&A, grow a pair, apologise and we all move on.

Guest Back Post Misses
1 hour ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Thanks mate. So why are posters saying Kenny Jamieson said publicly he wanted the MSG having nothing to do with the club ?

All this he said/she did/they think crap on here does my fucking tits in.

The MSG had run its course as an entity, even they would admit that. No idea what his relationship is like with some of the former members now.

However by the sound of the podcast they keep them in the loop about what is happening at the club, as they should as they still have a significant shareholding.