Jump to content

The Falkirk FC Thread


Recommended Posts

There’s absolutely no doubt, that certain posters on here think that we should not be holding the current board to the same level of scrutiny as previous boards. Wrapped up as negative posting.

We absolutely should treat the current incumbents in the same way as previous boards and feel free to question anything that’s up for debate.

That’s one of the key purposes of this forum….

Link to comment
Share on other sites

There’s absolutely no doubt, that certain posters on here think that we should not be holding the current board to the same level of scrutiny as previous boards. Wrapped up as negative posting.

We absolutely should treat the current incumbents in the same way as previous boards and feel free to question anything that’s up for debate.

That’s one of the key purposes of this forum….
I dont agree. I think the board took the deserved scud on here for touting the rapist, and also for that pishy email last week.

It just seems to be one new ITK account after another coming on here these days though, making out like the are the only ones who know what's really going on and we should definitely believe them. Agendas everywhere.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, RC_Bairn said:

Your point about Rennie doesn't really stack up.  You've said 'the board bought into his CV' and then in the next paragraph admit that he told porkies about his time at Vancouver.  Was no due diligence carried out on the guy?  If not, then we can certainly lay blame at the boardroom door?

Club have been using (and paying for presumably) Little Kerse for months now.

My worry is that the FSS is now a busted flush.  I hope it isn't...but the resignation of two fans directors in less than a year shows there is definitely not much fun at the fair.

It does stand up. That’s the thing. They didn’t have a lot of time to examine every detail, but there was plenty in the public domain that pointed to him being a decent coach, but yes, a bit of digging would have shown his biggest claim to be ambiguous at best. I did hear him say “play offs”, but later I also heard him refer to it as “post season”………which would have been fair enough….…..but not play offs.

Where we were back in December with Deans jumping ship before he was held to account along with one or two of his sidekicks, with Sheerin being relieved of his duties, and with what management options were out there, then Rennie brought some risk, but so did Brian Rice or even a Jack Ross. For a very green Board, taking on Rennie was the least risky approach midway through a season that was already a dumpster fire.

That he turned out to be out of his depth clearly wasn’t a flaw that the Board saw in him.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The problem with these new 'ITK' posters is how vague or thinly veiled their criticism of a situation is. Either have the decency to spread the juicy gos or gtfo 
This. Is always wee cloak and dagger digs and half stories. If the recent development you have somehow came across is important enough, and you are just a fan playing it with a straight bat, you would just fire the whole lot on here.

Only with an agenda/taking sides would there be any need to try and be all mysterious about it within your first half dozen posts on a forum.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

This. Is always wee cloak and dagger digs and half stories. If the recent development you have somehow came across is important enough, and you are just a fan playing it with a straight bat, you would just fire the whole lot on here.

Only with an agenda/taking sides would there be any need to try and be all mysterious about it within your first half dozen posts on a forum.

Apologies, I hadn't realised there was a minimum threshold of posts before an opinion could be offered.

Whether you think I'm ITK or have an agenda is irrelevant.  You've read what I've said and the questions I've posed (also sent to the guys at FalkirkDaft).  It's up to you whether you believe it or not.  Maybe we'll get some clarity tonight...maybe we won't.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I dont agree. I think the board took the deserved scud on here for touting the rapist, and also for that pishy email last week.

It just seems to be one new ITK account after another coming on here these days though, making out like the are the only ones who know what's really going on and we should definitely believe them. Agendas everywhere.

You see, as an outsider to the ITK posters and the defenders of the board I see nothing different from what I saw here with previous boards.
At the moment I’m genuinely frustrated that I’m putting my money in every month but I’ve absolutely no clue where we are financially or how much trouble we are really in. That’s Mainly due to vague statements made by our board.
If we are now all genuinely part of ‘one club’, it’s time to be more open and tell us where we stand with some numbers and the implications, so we can all make genuinely informed decisions.
At the moment I’m not increasing my contribution until I know exactly why and what the implications are of not doing so…..
Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, RC_Bairn said:

Apologies, I hadn't realised there was a minimum threshold of posts before an opinion could be offered.

Whether you think I'm ITK or have an agenda is irrelevant.  You've read what I've said and the questions I've posed (also sent to the guys at FalkirkDaft).  It's up to you whether you believe it or not.  Maybe we'll get some clarity tonight...maybe we won't.

It's the fact every post has been a negative one, tell us what you've enjoyed about this season or what you think the board have actually done well in their time?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Andy Dufresne said:

Doing a delivery today and thought I recognised the person standing next to me,it was none other than Gary Dean's.

Ah. If he’d known you had so much as been to one Falkirk game, he’d have been struck deaf and mute if you said anything to him. A thoroughly reprehensible little man.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

It's the fact every post has been a negative one, tell us what you've enjoyed about this season or what you think the board have actually done well in their time?

That's an easy one.  Definitely think the manager is an upgrade and recruitment has improved.  Perhaps the commercial operation has improved...but that wouldn't be hard given there was no commercial operation for large parts of last season when Koszary left.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Ah. If he’d known you had so much as been to one Falkirk game, he’d have been struck deaf and mute if you said anything to him. A thoroughly reprehensible little man.

I told him I was a Falkirk fan,he asked me if he should start running.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, RC_Bairn said:

That's an easy one.  Definitely think the manager is an upgrade and recruitment has improved.  Perhaps the commercial operation has improved...but that wouldn't be hard given there was no commercial operation for large parts of last season when Koszary left.

Aye although I did hear that some of the bod wanted Jim McInally. Dodged a bullet there.😂

Edited by Shodwall cat
Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, RC_Bairn said:

That's an easy one.  Definitely think the manager is an upgrade and recruitment has improved.  Perhaps the commercial operation has improved...but that wouldn't be hard given there was no commercial operation for large parts of last season when Koszary left.

I wouldn't say his departure and by what's been posted on here has covered himself in glory, pretty sure it had been mentioned a lot of those that took on advertisements at the stadium had either failed to pay up or didn't renew their advertising and the signage was left in place (there was also a discussion on here about signs being taken down and the place looking empty)and this was going back to when KK was in place.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, roman_bairn said:


You see, as an outsider to the ITK posters and the defenders of the board I see nothing different from what I saw here with previous boards.
At the moment I’m genuinely frustrated that I’m putting my money in every month but I’ve absolutely no clue where we are financially or how much trouble we are really in. That’s Mainly due to vague statements made by our board.
If we are now all genuinely part of ‘one club’, it’s time to be more open and tell us where we stand with some numbers and the implications, so we can all make genuinely informed decisions.
At the moment I’m not increasing my contribution until I know exactly why and what the implications are of not doing so…..

What’s vague about and I paraphrase “we have a 400k hole in the finances this season we need to fill?” 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Biggest blunder was putting KK on the Board. Should never have happened. A guy on salary plus commission on a BoD will always have a bias towards pushing stuff that benefits his own agenda (whether it’s the best thing for the Club or not). Human nature.

All history now. Messrs Stewart and Carbis in Commercial are working their socks off, that’s for sure.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

What’s vague about and I paraphrase “we have a 400k hole in the finances this season we need to fill?” 

Plenty. It’s likely not to be the REAL gap between income and expenditure but an estimate based on a number of assumptions that are unclear.
Otherwise why the appeal (or desperate begging) if the estimate is going to plan?….
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:


Plenty. It’s likely not to be the REAL gap between income and expenditure but an estimate based on a number of assumptions that are unclear.
Otherwise why the appeal (or desperate begging) if the estimate is going to plan?….

Why is it not the real gap? The club has run at an underlying loss since we got relegated in 2010 and filled the holes with cup runs, player sales and in some seasons soft loans.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Biggest blunder was putting KK on the Board. Should never have happened. A guy on salary plus commission on a BoD will always have a bias towards pushing stuff that benefits his own agenda (whether it’s the best thing for the Club or not). Human nature.

All history now. Messrs Stewart and Carbis in Commercial are working their socks off, that’s for sure.

I believe hospitality was pretty much full at the weekend which is a good sign. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...