Jump to content

The Falkirk FC Thread


Recommended Posts

59 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

You think so ? Kenny Jamieson is on record in June or July saying the board had the finances on an even keel so what’s happened in the 2 or 3 months since ?

Surely the finances cannot have been mismanaged in the manner you are hinting at in such a short period of time ?

Where is he on record saying that? The club has run every year at an operating loss since we went down. Cup runs and player sales filled the holes most years. That trend would certainly not change in with us stuck in L1. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

You think so ? Kenny Jamieson is on record in June or July saying the board had the finances on an even keel so what’s happened in the 2 or 3 months since ?

Surely the finances cannot have been mismanaged in the manner you are hinting at in such a short period of time ?

A lot of things have changed since then commercial side hasn't met it's very optimistic targets and we've spent more than was originally budgeted for . Those coupled with the need for higher fss membership which never materialised means that the need for cash is obviously getting desperate. That statement isn't a we need this sorted by next close season it's a we need it sorted now wording .

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Where is he on record saying that? The club has run every year at an operating loss since we went down. Cup runs and player sales filled the holes most years. That trend would certainly not change in with us stuck in L1. 

Falkirk Herald mate. I’m not great with tech so not sure how to post the link but I’ve copied and pasted the bit I referred to.

“We’ve kept the finances on an even keel and stabilised some of the day-to-day issues that needed sorting out.

“The future really is our focus, though, and we conducted four business reviews across football, commercial and financial, fans and community and infrastructure and operations.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Maybe it’s time to get a begging letter sent to Jim Ratcliffe. With Ineos on our doorstep, a few millions to him in sponsorship to the Bairns would be like the rest of us putting in an extra tenner a month.

I want our club to be successful.
However, Jim Ratcliffe is not someone I want us to be associated with. Certainly not without exploring other avenues at least…..
Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

Where are the Rawlins in all of this? Are they essentially absent with their current investment pretty much written off?

Question I have too so hopefully get that answered on Mon night. No sign of them since that night in the Inchyra. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The club need to think harder how to raise these funds.

I wouldn’t be adverse to putting “Funds on deposit” to be redeemed against future season tickets and hospitality, yes there is the risk if we went bust we’d lose our money but for £1000 or so that’s a risk I’d take. 

We’d be short term creditors of the club, but at least getting some return going forward, assuming we exist.

The club then have to take this all into account in future budgeting but it could plug the hole short term.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Maybe it’s time to get a begging letter sent to Jim Ratcliffe. With Ineos on our doorstep, a few millions to him in sponsorship to the Bairns would be like the rest of us putting in an extra tenner a month.

Thought Ratcliffe was only interested in buying Man United (being a Lancashire lad and a lifelong United fan - aye, yet another one of those ...).

That said, you'd think that a wee bit of goodwill sponsorship to the club on his doorstep, and who a good few of his employees will no doubt support, would be a decent bit of philanthropic local community business and would earn him some local kudos. Presumably someone from the club has dropped JR a "Hiya Jim, we're over here" type of email in recent times ...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Falkirk Herald mate. I’m not great with tech so not sure how to post the link but I’ve copied and pasted the bit I referred to.

“We’ve kept the finances on an even keel and stabilised some of the day-to-day issues that needed sorting out.

“The future really is our focus, though, and we conducted four business reviews across football, commercial and financial, fans and community and infrastructure and operations.

 

That doesn’t mean the club is not going to trade at a loss. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Otis Blue said:

Thought Ratcliffe was only interested in buying Man United (being a Lancashire lad and a lifelong United fan - aye, yet another one of those ...).

That said, you'd think that a wee bit of goodwill sponsorship to the club on his doorstep, and who a good few of his employees will no doubt support, would be a decent bit of philanthropic local community business and would earn him some local kudos. Presumably someone from the club has dropped JR a "Hiya Jim, we're over here" type of email in recent times ...

I thought INEOS had recently ended their sponsorship of the free entry for kids initiative.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Back to the football on the pitch. Feeling fairly confident that we can get a win vs Clyde today to carry the momentum into 2 away matches vs Peterhead and Montrose.

Really impressed with how the team are playing just now. Having real pace up front is making a huge difference and we also look like we have a very good defence moulding itself.

Like most would have loved another RB, mainly because I’d prefer Yeats in midfield, and nothing to do with his performances.

Onwards and upwards Bairns.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, Caractacus Potts said:

Heard that said too but also by people who blamed the old board for the state of the squad.

I think sanctioning the signing of a player on £1.5k-£2.5k for only a few months when finances are poor should be an area where the board have to make a stand. Also think allowing a departing manager to sign an unproven player on a year’s contract shortly before leaving is a point where it’s possible to make a stand too. 
 

Spot on. 

Agreed, we thought the statement was very insulting. Our family give money in numerous ways through ST’s, strips, 50/50, FSS etc but it’s really tough for many people right now and the board need to have a serious look at themselves for that statement. Totally out of touch. 
 

There’s now a real worry that we don’t have enough cash to see out the season. You’re right what you say CP in that money has been wasted by them though. Griffiths was THEIR mistake. Rennie was THEIR mistake. This statement degrading their own fans during a cost of living crisis is THEIR mistake. No one to blame but themselves.
 

They need to take accountability instead of looking to blame others and, for the tone deaf statement in particular, they need to apologise. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, NUMBER 7 said:

The club need to think harder how to raise these funds.

I wouldn’t be adverse to putting “Funds on deposit” to be redeemed against future season tickets and hospitality, yes there is the risk if we went bust we’d lose our money but for £1000 or so that’s a risk I’d take. 

We’d be short term creditors of the club, but at least getting some return going forward, assuming we exist.

The club then have to take this all into account in future budgeting but it could plug the hole short term.

Yes- decent idea.

Or against future player sales?

We definitely need to be thinking ‘out of the box’.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...