The Falkirk FC Thread

9 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Fair enough - I  know you are ITK but didn’t appreciate you were as close to the new board that you had insight into areas such as contract talks and signing strategies.

Eh? 
The players out of contract were all released. It doesn’t need any inside info to make a simple assumption McGlynn didn’t fancy resigning Telfor surely? 

On 13/09/2022 at 14:46, HopeStreetWalker said:

If he did then he was very stupid not keeping it to himself.

Want to demotivate a workforce you are going to manage there is nothing more certain in achieving that by telling them they are not rated.

McGlynn has a reputation as a good man manager and motivator, so I doubt the credibility of the person that told you.

Im no Einstein but I doubt he told the players that.  Hardly a surprise considering everyone of us on here would've probably had the same thoughts about this group.

1 hour ago, Shodwall cat said:

Ive said on here on more than one occasions that i know some of the scouts that were at Raith rovers.

You have indeed. I just wasn't sure if it was the RR coaches, scouts or the lassie you know in our ticket office.

1 hour ago, Higgenarse said:

I always try and hope all Scottish teams do well in Europe but having watched the singing of the English national anthem at Ibrox I made an exception. I just hope this is not replicated at Scottish games at weekend

"God save the King" my arse. I reckon that Sevco supporters are privately wishing to themselves for Charlie to snuff it tout de suite. They're gagging to sing about King Billy.

On 09/09/2022 at 20:51, gav-ffc said:

Sums it up.

If these clubs get punished in some way I hope that other clubs show some solidarity with them!

It's a joke.

https://news.sky.com/story/despicable-amateur-football-teams-in-sheffield-face-punishment-for-playing-after-queens-death-12697344

6 hours ago, Bairn in Exile said:

If these clubs get punished in some way I hope that other clubs show some solidarity with them!

It's a joke.

https://news.sky.com/story/despicable-amateur-football-teams-in-sheffield-face-punishment-for-playing-after-queens-death-12697344

I think there's two issues here though. Firstly whether grassroots football should be cancelled or not. I for one can't see why it was seems a poor decision. However, once that decision has been made rightly or wrongly the teams involved should follow the decision made and then raise their complaints with the league . Seems incredibly silly to have highlighted the whole thing on twitter too so it's no surprise they're getting into bother.

9 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

I think there's two issues here though. Firstly whether grassroots football should be cancelled or not. I for one can't see why it was seems a poor decision. However, once that decision has been made rightly or wrongly the teams involved should follow the decision made and then raise their complaints with the league . Seems incredibly silly to have highlighted the whole thing on twitter too so it's no surprise they're getting into bother.

That makes some sense but these are amateurs paying for the privilege to play football. Any sanctions that they impose be it financial, a points deduction or suspension from the league would be way over the top in my mind. Give the a slap on the wrist and move on.