Jump to content

The Falkirk FC Thread


Recommended Posts

19 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Sorry but that is rubbish. 60% of his budget was taken up but Holts dross. To clear them out would have added a heap to the budget as you are looking at paying off players Holt had on stupid money. We would not have had the money to do that. We are all aware of the projected loss this season BEFORE you think about adding more finance to clear out the dross. 
I would also wager the Dunfermline budget will be bigger. 

Not with the squad size (or lack of) we've got.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, BountyBairn said:

Pretty honest feeling assessment and response from McGlynn IMO.

Its a cliche but hard work is the way to address that. I hope those players now realise they will get done if they turn up on a Saturday again thinking the games won before even warming up. 
 

and yes some of the dead wood still needs thinned out. 

Unfortunately nobody wants the kindling. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, AGPar said:

I never once mentioned paying off players so I have no idea where you are getting that from. If McGlynn decided he did not fancy relying on proven shitebags like McGuffie and Nesbitt every single week he had a more than sufficient budget to sign players to take their places in the starting line-up and they could have been consigned to the bench. No pay-off required.

I specifically said in my post "this summer". John McGlynn has signed 12 players. James McPake has signed four. So again, tell me who - this summer - has had a bigger budget than McGlynn or anything close to it ? 

Ok, so they sit in the stand and McGlynn doesn’t play them. There was 14 of them remember. Where was the EXTRA cash coming from to do that? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Sorry don’t agree, yes some of his assessment was more or less covering the misgivings, but his opening line should have been….changed the system and it didn’t work. Would have got much more respect. Only saving is that he’s laid out the bare truth behind the scenes, and the interview was play acting.

Didn’t see the game today . By all accounts pretty poor stuff and strange call by the manager to switch  McCann to RB . 
Maybe McGuffie and Nesbit need to sit one or two out to give others a chance. Airdrie getting pumped shows just how strange a league it is  and QOS and the table topping Pars only attracting a gate of just over a 1000 demonstrates that full time football won’t be around for either of them for long. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Ok, so they sit in the stand and McGlynn doesn’t play them. There was 14 of them remember. Where was the EXTRA cash coming from to do that? 


You tell us as you’ve made it clear you’re privy to the budget. Who is sharing that with you and why? So much for no more leaks. I guess it still is who you know at the club after all. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Absolute pits today. Another shocker in the 3rd level of Scottish football. Last season it was former amateur and Highland League sides that humiliated us - and 6 league games in this season it’s the turn of an ex- junior team to give us a good shagging..  Things must improve or a fifth season in League One is looming - as is part time football - which surely can’t be any worse than the present  state of affairs.

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Ok, so they sit in the stand and McGlynn doesn’t play them. There was 14 of them remember. Where was the EXTRA cash coming from to do that? 

Are you wilfully misrepresenting what I said?  Point out where I mentioned 14 players. Point out where I suggested putting these 14 players in the stand. Point out where I advocated paying off 14 players

I replied to a post specifically mentioning two players, not fourteen. McGlynn had the budget to sign better than said two players - fact. That he has chosen not to is his decision - fact

Try reading posts before making a complete clown of yourself.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Johnny Tee said:

Absolute pits today. Another shocker in the 3rd level of Scottish football. Last season it was former amateur and Highland League sides that humiliated us - and 6 league games in this season it’s the turn of an ex- junior team to give us a good shagging..  Things must improve or a fifth season in League One is looming - as is part time football - which surely can’t be any worse than the present  state of affairs.

 

 

 

👍

Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, AGPar said:

Are you wilfully misrepresenting what I said?  Point out where I mentioned 14 players. Point out where I suggested putting these 14 players in the stand. Point out where I advocated paying off 14 players

I replied to a post specifically mentioning two players, not fourteen. McGlynn had the budget to sign better than said two players - fact. That he has chosen not to is his decision - fact

Try reading posts before making a complete clown of yourself.

You said he had the opportunity to clearout the aforementioned dross this summer. My point is we would not have had the finance to clear everyone (surprisingly only cleared one which probably says they are either shite and no one wants them or they are on money they can’t get elsewhere and have refused to move). On top of that he has had a string of injuries so has had to rely on some of them. 
If McGlynn get all his players fit I am not sure how many McGlynn would actually play. 

He could have a starting line up of

PJ

Williamson Donaldson Henderson Mackie

Yeats McGinn Lawal

Burrel Algeria Kennedy

Only one left as RB is the only part of the team he has not got a replacement for.

bench

McCann (I would have in front of MacKie on current form)

Nesbitt

Morrison (he would play for me)
Hetherington
Oliver

McGuffie

Mckay

Ross

Martin  
 

Edited by Back Post Misses
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I despise Gary Holt as much as the next man but trying to push the blame onto him for today's performance is mad.  Only three of the starting line-up today were Holt/Sheerin recruits and arguably one of them (McCann) has been one of our better performers in recent weeks.  McGlynn isn't being forced to play Nesbitt or McGuffie he is CHOOSING to.

As for the budget/14 players nonsense - this is just another smokescreen.  McGlynn has signed 12 players (not including the young lads) and by my reckoning that's more that Holt/Sheerin signed.  Don't forget the 6 or so duds that Rennie brought in and that's 18 players who have been through the door since Holt was booted out.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, RC_Bairn said:

I despise Gary Holt as much as the next man but trying to push the blame onto him for today's performance is mad.  Only three of the starting line-up today were Holt/Sheerin recruits and arguably one of them (McCann) has been one of our better performers in recent weeks.  McGlynn isn't being forced to play Nesbitt or McGuffie he is CHOOSING to.

As for the budget/14 players nonsense - this is just another smokescreen.  McGlynn has signed 12 players (not including the young lads) and by my reckoning that's more that Holt/Sheerin signed.  Don't forget the 6 or so duds that Rennie brought in and that's 18 players who have been through the door since Holt was booted out.

He's choosing to as a lack of options, also with the aforementioned liabilities you effectively have 9 players and have 2 men being carried by the rest of the team.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

He's choosing to as a lack of options, also with the aforementioned liabilities you effectively have 9 players and have 2 men being carried by the rest of the team.

And who's fault is it that he has a lack of options?  McGlynn has three of his new signings sitting on the bench (four if you include Carroll) and he clearly had some budget to go get Kennedy.  Are you seriously telling me he couldn't have gone out to get an attacking midfielder to replace Nesbitt or McGuffie if he thought they weren't up to it?

 

 

Edited by RC_Bairn
typo
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

You said he had the opportunity to clearout the aforementioned dross this summer.

No.  I did not. And you bizarrely and  continually insisting otherwise is never going to make it any truer. I said that (a) McGlynn had the largest budget of any manager in this division TO USE THIS SUMMER and (b) that had he wished, he could have used a portion of said budget in an attempt to sign players just a bit more reliable and consistent than two proven wasters such as McGuffie and Nesbitt. Had he done so we would not be in the position of them still being automatic choices week in week out.

End of. Anything else, such as your paying off 14 players nonsense, is simply your own wildly inaccurate misrepresentation. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, AGPar said:

No.  I did not. And you bizarrely and  continually insisting otherwise is never going to make it any truer. I said that (a) McGlynn had the largest budget of any manager in this division TO USE THIS SUMMER and (b) that had he wished, he could have used a portion of said budget in an attempt to sign players just a bit more reliable and consistent than two proven wasters such as McGuffie and Nesbitt. Had he done so we would not be in the position of them still being automatic choices week in week out.

End of. Anything else, such as your paying off 14 players nonsense, is simply your own wildly inaccurate misrepresentation. 

My argument it he didn’t have enough money to clear them all/sign players to replace them. Granted he may rate one or two who we don’t. You just won’t accept that argument 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...