The Falkirk FC Thread

8 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Tbh I think it’s time to have a think about whether the FSS in its current form is the best way of achieving its objectives. Despite the guys involved putting in a huge amount of work, the vast majority of the fan base are just not engaging with it.

Clearly the economic situation and our on field troubles will be playing a part, but to only have 500 signed up is poor for a club our wise. Personally I think the big issue is that the model is not well understood and FSS members aren’t really getting anything tangible for their tenner a month.

I also think there is a slight issue in that FSS are theoretically there to stand up for and promote fans’ interests, but actually have close links to our larger shareholders (with all FSS Board reps being patrons etc). I’m not expecting them to publicly slate the board but their role should not be to show ‘respect’ to the board as their recent statement talked about.

I would offer the option of a share save scheme allowing people to buy shares in their own name at an affordable monthly rate. You could also look at things like prize draws etc to get engagement.

I'm sorry & I realise it's all a bit chicken & egg but I thought to point out on the website that we should have as many FSS supporters as Motherwell have to n theirs....obvs they are light years ahead of us as a club & go mental at the first sniff of a relegation battle....I thought long & hard about season tickets for me & the wife after years of not going...I pulled the trigger...but it will take a massive consistency upgrade & a damn sight more effort every week before I would even consider funding their transfer budget on a monthly basis.

22 minutes ago, Hugh Hillshaveyes said:

I'm sorry & I realise it's all a bit chicken & egg but I thought to point out on the website that we should have as many FSS supporters as Motherwell have to n theirs....obvs they are light years ahead of us as a club & go mental at the first sniff of a relegation battle....I thought long & hard about season tickets for me & the wife after years of not going...I pulled the trigger...but it will take a massive consistency upgrade & a damn sight more effort every week before I would even consider funding their transfer budget on a monthly basis.

Fair comments 

3 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

In 2008/09 we finished 10th in Scotland’s top division whilst qualifying for European football for the first time in our history. The same season, Kelty Hearts and Edinburgh City were effectively still playing in the Junior leagues.

Yesterday, we lost to Kelty in the 3rd tier of Scottish football whilst at the same time moving below Edinburgh City in the league.

What a fucking shambles.

I started going to games in 09.

I'm a Fifer.

Oops.

On 03/09/2022 at 12:29, latapythelegend said:

2 goals in 2 games caused by the goalie. Very very worrying.

JMcG’s successful seasons all seemed to feature a steady, experienced keeper for the majority of the matches. The keepers in those seasons were at least above league average, which compensated for some of the dodgy defensive play in front of them and allowed him to tinker. When he was dealing with an average or worse keeper, his teams had issues and generally underperformed.

JMcG’s successful seasons all seemed to feature a steady, experienced keeper for the majority of the matches. The keepers in those seasons were at least above league average, which compensated for some of the dodgy defensive play in front of them and allowed him to tinker. When he was dealing with an average or worse keeper, his teams had issues and generally underperformed.
Be hoping for PJ Morrison back soon, based on what iv seen of Hogarth so far.

He has a decent keeper in Morrison who unfortunately got injured. His back up Martin is obviously not deemed to be good enough to be starting... Yet. I'll not be too critical of Hogarth as he's just in the door and you'd think coming from Forest he'd be a decent enough keeper but if he throws a few more in the net.. 

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
25 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Be hoping for PJ Morrison back soon, based on what iv seen of Hogarth so far.

Going by McGlynn's pre match interview it will be a wee while yet as he suffered a setback.

21 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

I was a bit surprised I must admit that mcglynn didn't bring in a more experienced goalkeeper. Not sure any of our 3 keepers are someone I'd have full confidence in over the piece.

I agree - it’s difficult enough for an inexperienced keeper to come into a team with an established back 4 never mind one that’s never played together before.

On 03/09/2022 at 17:07, Russ said:

That’s on McGlynn today. Fucking ridiculous decision to put McCann to right-back and the fact he didn’t change it during the game was an absolute joke. Mackie and Henderson were absolutely stinking the place out all game but played the full 90 and McCann gets hauled off. Aye great.

Shout out to Hogarth tae for being worse than his faither. Fair play. Thought he was at fault for both goals. Second one of course me went right through him but the first he should be coming and collecting the cross then he palmed the shot right out to Cardle.

Hogwarts Faither was a better shagger but hopeless fighter 

11 hours ago, Springfield said:

What I’d give for a guy like this. Brutal to what we had back then, compared to the spineless shite we’ve endured for years.

In the last 10 years I liked Harry Burgoyne, thought he was good for us in his short spell considering the absolute muck he had Infront of him, Mitchell was unlucky with his injury, Danny Rogers was good for us, then we had Michael McGovern who was top drawer. Cammy bell was obviously a good keeper, just not when he was with us and 3 stone heavier than a few years earlier, the rest don't really deserve a mention. Only Fasan sticks out and for compelety all of the wrong reasons. 

12 hours ago, Shodwall cat said:

I was a bit surprised I must admit that mcglynn didn't bring in a more experienced goalkeeper. Not sure any of our 3 keepers are someone I'd have full confidence in over the piece.

Players of the quality required will have better options not helped by having a reputation as not seen as a reliable employer and understandably so.

Look at it from a potential signings point of view. 2 - 3 clubs after you so looking at the player churn at Falkirk will tip it in favor of another club.

34 minutes ago, Believe The Hype said:

In the last 10 years I liked Harry Burgoyne, thought he was good for us in his short spell considering the absolute muck he had Infront of him, Mitchell was unlucky with his injury, Danny Rogers was good for us, then we had Michael McGovern who was top drawer. Cammy bell was obviously a good keeper, just not when he was with us and 3 stone heavier than a few years earlier, the rest don't really deserve a mention. Only Fasan sticks out and for compelety all of the wrong reasons. 

McGovern for me was excellent as was Parks, the rest mentioned were good but not at the level of Parks/McGovern.
My point was the team in general from the type of guys we had, compared to the seventy maybe eighty players who we’ve signed over the past three or so seasons.

It was a poor, probably avoidable result on Saturday. 

McGlynn knows it wasn't good enough and I don't doubt the players will be disappointed but the castigation of everyone - including the usual supsects - is as expected as it is OTT. 

The false equivalence of comparing Tony Parks to Nicky Hogarth is bonkers but at least you've got a new scapegoat to bang on about.

18 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

It was a poor, probably avoidable result on Saturday. 

McGlynn knows it wasn't good enough and I don't doubt the players will be disappointed but the castigation of everyone - including the usual supsects - is as expected as it is OTT. 

The false equivalence of comparing Tony Parks to Nicky Hogarth is bonkers but at least you've got a new scapegoat to bang on about.

Totally agree with these sentiments & bit of slack needs to be given to young Nicky who will be hurting more than anyone for letting in the second goal.

I am not sure how others feel but it was refreshing to watch & listen to the honest interview with Stephen McGinn who offers a honest appraisal of the different attitude now in the dressing room as reflected by the pain & disappointment on his face & from his demeanour. At least we know our captain cares & I reckon with him & the management team any attitude that wasn’t right on Saturday will be addressed in time for Alloa this coming weekend.