The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, Shodwall cat said:

The rules state you need to make your body bigger . Hitting you on the arm wrapped in front of your chest isn't doing that in any manner. If his arms are out from his body then yes stonewall but they aren't. So according to the rules it's no a pen.

Deliberate hand ball is deliberate hand ball without the guff around it.

I thought right away it was a penalty, yellow would've been spot on but probably the guidance refs have is red.

11 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Cheeky p***k 😂 You do realising you're doing your team as much of a disservice with that claim as ours? The game looked very much what it was; title-contenders but one a tier up from the other. Falkirk definitely weren't rubbish, play with that effort most weeks against League One teams and you'll be rosy.

Not meaning to be cheeky. Admittedly I have only seen highlights of a couple of your games plus the entirety of the Ayr game. Rather than middling, maybe a “top four Championship side” would have been more accurate.

You don’t look capable of skooshing your way to the title just as we don’t look capable of skooshing L1 either.

Both sides are decent examples of their respective leagues……..capable of winning the league, but on the evidence so far, both capable getting a doing by other sides in our respective leagues. Ayr in your case, Airdrie in ours.

1 hour ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Not meaning to be cheeky. Admittedly I have only seen highlights of a couple of your games plus the entirety of the Ayr game. Rather than middling, maybe a “top four Championship side” would have been more accurate.

You don’t look capable of skooshing your way to the title just as we don’t look capable of skooshing L1 either.

Both sides are decent examples of their respective leagues……..capable of winning the league, but on the evidence so far, both capable getting a doing by other sides in our respective leagues. Ayr in your case, Airdrie in ours.

On last nights evidence they won’t be far off winning that league IMO. We were in the game right up to 80 minutes. That encourages me on our chances in L1

Edited by Back Post Misses

Just now, Springfield said:

M&S will have the Dundee game parked and forgotten about.
We need the same desire, fight and application as our previous two league games, we’ll be a difficult team for anyone in this league if we can reproduce. 

I hope so. Kelty (A) Alloa (H) Pars (A) Clyde (H) will give us a good idea of what lies ahead.

10 pts from those 4 fixtures, and we have every right to be optimistic. Less than 8pts, and the doubts will surface again, but I reckon we have enough about us to do well in those four games.

3 hours ago, GeordieBairn said:

Doubt it. Hes started every game bar the first of the season

The two Dundee fans I know don't seem to rate him. I was half joking but still optimistically hoping for one last quality loan addition 

Edited by NavyBlueArmy1876

41 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Since the Stand is owned by the Council I hope Falkirk Football Club are not putting a hand in their pocket to pay for these leaks in the stand flooring.

I guess it will depend what was in the contract when it all changed a few years back. 

5 hours ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Did I hear McGlynn say that Wilson has to get a hernia op.

If that’s correct, I suppose we pay for it plus he’ll be staying?

Oh, my God!

I was hoping his absence from the squad meant he was fucking off to another club, the only positive is he won't be featuring in any squads for a bit. I'm actually flabbergasted that he may yet see out the two year deal he won er got given. 

Has to be a right back. It's actually mental that it's a position we have struggled with for seasons and yet no manager has actually managed to correct it. Tbf to Williamson I think most hoped when he signed he might have been the answer but it's just not worked. 

3 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

Has to be a right back. It's actually mental that it's a position we have struggled with for seasons and yet no manager has actually managed to correct it. Tbf to Williamson I think most hoped when he signed he might have been the answer but it's just not worked. 

TBF I thought Yeats was just about our best player last night