Jump to content

The Falkirk FC Thread


Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, Brockvillenomore said:

Amid all the gloom and doom on here a reminder that there are some positives. This is an excellent piece and the goals are even better  

 

 

But the website still doesn’t have Dundee tomorrow on the fixture list 🤷‍♂️😂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, LatapyBairn. said:

Pretty sure there are still shareholders willing to provide soft loans as has been done in previous seasons if absolutely needed, I’d obviously prefer the club to avoid this if we possibly can tho. It’s still debt that needs to be repaid, the BOD have been transparent about the planned over spend which was designed to maintain the playing budget, they have already stated there is a plan and targets in place to increase revenue thus closing the funding gap, we’ll find out if they are hitting those targets at the AGM I presume. Although not quite a dooms day scenario if we don’t go up this year next season things are going to get seriously difficult if we are to maintain current levels of spending. We made an operating loss off 700k last year which was obviously plugged via external investment, a potential 400k operating loss in this year is obviously an improvement but additional investment will still need to be brought in again to fund it. 

With no fixed assets (stadium) to borrow against apart from goodwill Falkirk Football Club is worthless.

Depending on the fans at the end of the day to address any financial difficulties considering the unfolding financial crisis where feeding, heating, and keeping a roof over yourself and your family rightly will be the priority. The viability of the club and many others is in question and I fear some will not see out the season.

Therefore for the future of the football club the business plan must be to buy the stadium and surrounding land even if its a 100-year mortgage. Because with that the future of the clubs 150th anniversary and its 200th and beyond will be secured.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

But the website still doesn’t have Dundee tomorrow on the fixture list 🤷‍♂️😂

True. I get the concern but is it worth 2 or 3 pages?  

There are green shots of recovery and we all know it’s a rebuild.

What I didn’t notice on Saturday was our captain wearing a rainbow armband. Delighted to see that. 

Edited by Brockvillenomore
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, bejazz1 said:


An email from the guy who runs the bus. He sends out details to all members etc.

Can you PM me an email or number so I can book 2 seats for a non member

 

Cheers

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Brockvillenomore said:

Clearly not given our captain is suspended. 

Clearly they are as as was pointed out to me if you pick up two bookings you still have to serve your suspension only single bookings are cleared . 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, LatapyBairn. said:

Pretty sure there are still shareholders willing to provide soft loans as has been done in previous seasons if absolutely needed, I’d obviously prefer the club to avoid this if we possibly can tho. It’s still debt that needs to be repaid, the BOD have been transparent about the planned over spend which was designed to maintain the playing budget, they have already stated there is a plan and targets in place to increase revenue thus closing the funding gap, we’ll find out if they are hitting those targets at the AGM I presume. Although not quite a dooms day scenario if we don’t go up this year next season things are going to get seriously difficult if we are to maintain current levels of spending. We made an operating loss off 700k last year which was obviously plugged via external investment, a potential 400k operating loss in this year is obviously an improvement but additional investment will still need to be brought in again to fund it. 

I think it would be a minor miracle if the final loss from last season was only 700k. 

Too areas important to the plans to plug the gap were as far as I'm aware some very tough targets on the revenue raising side and then the hope that the fss membership would increase significantly. We'll find out at the AGM how the first big is going but as far as I can gather there's been little shift on the fss numbers unfortunately. 

If we're looking for investment youve got two possible options really the patrons and I've no idea whether they are willing to stump up more. There are further shares for them to purchase still or going cap in hand back to the former msg guys which would be a right riddy considering the abuse they have received previously and the fact that this was supposed to be a fresh msg free start. Who knows.

Edited by Shodwall cat
Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, bejazz1 said:


An email from the guy who runs the bus. He sends out details to all members etc.

Could you also PM me the guys email address as I’m looking for 2 seats for the Dunfermline game from Grangemouth if that would be available for non members, cheers.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, Tea and Busquets said:

700+ tickets sold for tomorrow. Fair play to us all again 👏

Tremendous for a midweek fixture and that distance tbh. Great to see loads of buses back on the road and heading here, there & everywhere again after Covid. 

As far as I can see that’s Elliots, FSA, Roman Bar & Cheerz all running tomorrow night. Any others? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Amid all the gloom and doom on here a reminder that there are some positives. This is an excellent piece and the goals are even better  
 
 
Brightened up my evening. Thanks. Great goal by young lass at half time Nutmeg on the keeper
Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, Brockvillenomore said:

True. I get the concern but is it worth 2 or 3 pages?  

There are green shots of recovery and we all know it’s a rebuild.

What I didn’t notice on Saturday was our captain wearing a rainbow armband. Delighted to see that. 

Didn’t notice him wearing that either. That is good to see. 

First match I’ve been to since Hibs and really enjoyed it again. Looking forward to tomorrow too. 

One thing that was a bit frustrating was I couldn’t pay by card at the turnstile. My fault for turning up late but waited in the queue then had to go to the shop to buy a ticket which was busy so missed the first 7 minutes. 

Is that a hangover from the Clarke Epos deal? Also does anyone know if it’s being sorted? Will save an email if so as wasn’t the only one who got foiled by this.

On another note Stephen Kingsley was ahead of me in the queue at the shop. Must’ve been having a word with McCann as he was excellent(as was the rest of the team right enough!). 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Is now a good time to advertise FSS. Mood good and results good. Surely a few people could be tempted to pay a tenner a month? I know budgets are tight but £10 a month is less than 2 pints of beer in BTW over a month

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Van_damage said:

Didn’t notice him wearing that either. That is good to see. 

First match I’ve been to since Hibs and really enjoyed it again. Looking forward to tomorrow too. 

One thing that was a bit frustrating was I couldn’t pay by card at the turnstile. My fault for turning up late but waited in the queue then had to go to the shop to buy a ticket which was busy so missed the first 7 minutes. 

Is that a hangover from the Clarke Epos deal? Also does anyone know if it’s being sorted? Will save an email if so as wasn’t the only one who got foiled by this.

On another note Stephen Kingsley was ahead of me in the queue at the shop. Must’ve been having a word with McCann as he was excellent(as was the rest of the team right enough!). 

Never been able to pay by card at the turnstile mate. Always been ST card or cash. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

Never been able to pay by card at the turnstile mate. Always been ST card or cash. 

Surely something to consider then as I barely carry cash these days and sure I’m not the only one. See buskers with card machines now and the wee stall outside the stadium had one so must be pretty viable to include one at the turnstiles? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...