The Falkirk FC Thread

Guest Caractacus Potts
48 minutes ago, Zbairn said:

I want to buy 3 tickets for the Dunfermline game in November. This would give the club some cash up front. I can't do that as it will not allow me to purchase. 

Can’t seem to buy any tickets for any of our upcoming matches beyond the next home match vs Alloa. Not sure why anyone considers that to be a minor issue. It’s basic stuff. 

Also still has Zak Rudden and Harry Burgoyne pictures on the hospitality page! Know that doesn’t matter quite as much but does look amateur when neither have played with us for 3 years. 

Edited by Caractacus Potts

It’s now over a month since the last discussions about the website and very little has changed.

Yet again we still can’t get basics right:

- Airdrie result the last to be updated

- Dundee match not on fixtures

- Still no match reports

Why can’t we get the basics right as a club?

What exactly does our Chief Executive do to justify his role as he certainly isn’t ensuring high standards across everything the club does?

Since the latest FSS newsletter revealed the budget gap has risen from £300k to £400k how are we going to fill this gap?

Yes the performances on the park are much more encouraging the last few weeks but it is a big concern how we are going to fill this black hole with very little in the bank.

Previously we had board members with the bank balance to be able to provide a soft loan, where is this money going to come from now?

21 minutes ago, Braes_Bairn said:

Since the latest FSS newsletter revealed the budget gap has risen from £300k to £400k how are we going to fill this gap?

Yes the performances on the park are much more encouraging the last few weeks but it is a big concern how we are going to fill this black hole with very little in the bank.

Previously we had board members with the bank balance to be able to provide a soft loan, where is this money going to come from now?

Pretty sure there are still shareholders willing to provide soft loans as has been done in previous seasons if absolutely needed, I’d obviously prefer the club to avoid this if we possibly can tho. It’s still debt that needs to be repaid, the BOD have been transparent about the planned over spend which was designed to maintain the playing budget, they have already stated there is a plan and targets in place to increase revenue thus closing the funding gap, we’ll find out if they are hitting those targets at the AGM I presume. Although not quite a dooms day scenario if we don’t go up this year next season things are going to get seriously difficult if we are to maintain current levels of spending. We made an operating loss off 700k last year which was obviously plugged via external investment, a potential 400k operating loss in this year is obviously an improvement but additional investment will still need to be brought in again to fund it. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

Agree with BPM most people online go straight to social media nowadays for information however the website does need to be up to date and accurate. It is an issue the club need to address all be it a very very minor one. 

So…why not pull the plug on it then? Surely if it’s a waste of time, then either use it as intended or just make it look at if the club is run by people who don’t give a shit.

My view is, Use it or lose it!!!

Guest Caractacus Potts
23 minutes ago, Braes_Bairn said:

It’s now over a month since the last discussions about the website and very little has changed.

- Still no match reports

What exactly does our Chief Executive do to justify his role as he certainly isn’t ensuring high standards across everything the club does?

I do wonder this too.  Know it’s a step up from Stenny so probably a bit of a learning curve but he is the one that’s paid to run the club and been there for over a year now. 

59 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

Pretty sure there are still shareholders willing to provide soft loans as has been done in previous seasons if absolutely needed, I’d obviously prefer the club to avoid this if we possibly can tho. It’s still debt that needs to be repaid, the BOD have been transparent about the planned over spend which was designed to maintain the playing budget, they have already stated there is a plan and targets in place to increase revenue thus closing the funding gap, we’ll find out if they are hitting those targets at the AGM I presume. Although not quite a dooms day scenario if we don’t go up this year next season things are going to get seriously difficult if we are to maintain current levels of spending. We made an operating loss off 700k last year which was obviously plugged via external investment, a potential 400k operating loss in this year is obviously an improvement but additional investment will still need to be brought in again to fund it. 

External investment ? Keen to know what funding was external ? Rawlings ?

Guest Ecosse83
1 hour ago, Braes_Bairn said:

- Still no match reports

Check the club Twitter feed and you will find everything you need. 🤷‍♂️