Jump to content

The Falkirk FC Thread


Recommended Posts

53 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

You keep pushing this. McGlynn has rarely played 3 at the back - it isn’t going to happen any time soon IMO

 

21 minutes ago, JulioBairn said:

3 at the back is pish. Can we leave it at that. 

 

44 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

That’s about the 50th time you’ve posted that, it’s not going to happen FFS. Mcglynn knows how he wants to play and it’s great we have a good manager that won’t chop and change formations! Let it be man (am I allowed to say man these days 🤔😂)

Well, excuuuussse me for having an opinion. Didn't know I wasn't allowed one.

I, at no time, said that McGlynn would play it, but I do think that it would get our best players on the pitch in their best positions.

In the meantime, get it up ye!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm in the 3 at the back camp. We have a left back and a right back who are better attacking threats than defensive ones so utilising them as wing backs would be good. We also have an abundance of full backs when they are all actually fit. 

It won't happen but I would like to see it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, latapythelegend said:

I'm in the 3 at the back camp. We have a left back and a right back who are better attacking threats than defensive ones so utilising them as wing backs would be good. We also have an abundance of full backs when they are all actually fit. 

It won't happen but I would like to see it.

Careful now.

I completely agree of course. I'm assuming you're meaning centre backs though? A back three of Donaldson, Henderson and Mackie would stroll through games IMO (assuming the formation suits them). I think four at the back lends itself more to having two defensive midfielders which aren't needed. Only my opinion of course.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Senor Bairn said:

Who plays in midfield in this back 3 shout?

 

Yeats, McGinn, Lawal, Nesbitt, McGuffie? Much the same as we have now except we wouldn't have Hetherington in there.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Yeats, McGinn, Lawal, Nesbitt, McGuffie? Much the same as we have now except we wouldn't have Hetherington in there.

Aye but what's the rest of the formation?
 

5-3-2 or 5-2-2-1?

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

 

 

Well, excuuuussse me for having an opinion. Didn't know I wasn't allowed one.

I, at no time, said that McGlynn would play it, but I do think that it would get our best players on the pitch in their best positions.

In the meantime, get it up ye!

Take away the Airdrie game we have lost one goal from open play all season. Why would anyone with any nouse change that? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ShaggerG said:

 

 

Well, excuuuussse me for having an opinion. Didn't know I wasn't allowed one.

I, at no time, said that McGlynn would play it, but I do think that it would get our best players on the pitch in their best positions.

In the meantime, get it up ye!

Yes how very dare you have an opinion that’s different from mine 😉, tbf your logic is right but Mcglynn won’t change things just now. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...