The Falkirk FC Thread

10 minutes ago, MetalWolf said:

That pot was probably eaten to try cover costs of being in League 1.  I can't see the pitch being replaced until we are in the championship no matter how bad it gets.  

Can’t see it either. Only chance would be a soft loan to cover it but even the repayments would likely strangle us a bit at this moment in time. 

33 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

Sounds like Hetherington and Mcginn in the middle tomorrow with Yeats right back, unless Liam Henderson is fit to start 

Does it? Just because he has got over his illness it doesn’t mean McGlynn will change a winning team. 

5 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Does it? Just because he has got over his illness it doesn’t mean McGlynn will change a winning team. 

He seems to enjoy having Hetherington & McGinn as the two centre midfielders, hopefully he gets bored of that.

40 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

Sounds like Hetherington and Mcginn in the middle tomorrow with Yeats right back, unless Liam Henderson is fit to start 

Hetherington only trained yesterday and today can see him being on the bench.

Really hope with Henderson being fit again doesn’t mean Leon McCann will get dropped again. He’s been absolutely class the last few weeks probably our best player since he came back into the team and from what we’ve seen so far he’s a much better left back than Mackie.

I’d also hope he keeps Oliver playing in the middle of the park. Really like what I’ve seen from him this season although it’s clear he’s not a striker but had his best game for us so far playing as a number 8 last week and more than deserved to keep his place.

7 minutes ago, Russ said:

Really hope with Henderson being fit again doesn’t mean Leon McCann will get dropped again. He’s been absolutely class the last few weeks probably our best player since he came back into the team and from what we’ve seen so far he’s a much better left back than Mackie.

I’d also hope he keeps Oliver playing in the middle of the park. Really like what I’ve seen from him this season although it’s clear he’s not a striker but had his best game for us so far playing as a number 8 last week and more than deserved to keep his place.

Henderson has had 2 training sessions after being out for about 5 weeks, think it’s a pretty safe bet he won’t be in tomorrow’s starting 11. 

11 hours ago, Russ said:

Suspect Henderson will come into midfield in the 'Hetherington' role.  McGlynn will want Mackie to play so if Henderson doesn't move to midfield then think he'll push Mackie to LB and drop McCann which would be harsh.  Of course he might have a stinker today and make McGlynns choice much easier come next week.  

29 minutes ago, Tea and Busquets said:

Anyone know why the floodlights were lit at 2am this morning? All along the main stand and the two free standing ones. Seems like a bit of a waste burning them unless emergency work was being done? 

The Rawlins private jet landed there this morning after a miscommunication with Edinburgh airport. 

Pitch will be in tatters 😡

1 hour ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

Suspect Henderson will come into midfield in the 'Hetherington' role.  McGlynn will want Mackie to play so if Henderson doesn't move to midfield then think he'll push Mackie to LB and drop McCann which would be harsh.  Of course he might have a stinker today and make McGlynns choice much easier come next week.  

With the squad we have it should be a back 3 with wing backs all day long. Probably depends on Williamson's fitness though. 

52 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

With the squad we have it should be a back 3 with wing backs all day long. Probably depends on Williamson's fitness though. 

You keep pushing this. McGlynn has rarely played 3 at the back - it isn’t going to happen any time soon IMO

53 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

I don't know that 3 at the back would be good.  At the moment its 4 at the back with left and right back pushing forward leaving 2.   

Guest Ecosse83
1 hour ago, ShaggerG said:

That’s about the 50th time you’ve posted that, it’s not going to happen FFS. Mcglynn knows how he wants to play and it’s great we have a good manager that won’t chop and change formations! Let it be man (am I allowed to say man these days 🤔😂)