The Falkirk FC Thread

Guest Caractacus Potts
13 hours ago, Springfield said:

We treat Dundee with respect and hope we have a right go, however we’ve got a division to get out of, so for me if it’s forsaking a cup run, league wins hands down.

I’ve said that before but for me we go for all we’re in apart from the Challenge Cup as there’s little money in that and can end up costing the club if they draw one of the non Scottish teams away. 

We have to try keep the momentum going and earn as much money as we can from the cups. Remember when M and M put out a weakened side against Celtic to protect the league. We won just once in the next 8 league matches after that defeat. That ultimately led to us missing out on promotion.

Need to build a winning mentality and give it our all in every game. 

2 minutes ago, Caractacus Potts said:Remember when M and M put out a weakened side against Celtic to protect the league. We won just once in the next 8 league matches after that defeat. That ultimately led to us missing out on promotion.

This was the point I lost respect for M& M. The Falkirk way was always to try to beat the old filth and sometimes we did. That heavy loss contributed to the malaise at the club and the decline thereafter. Play your strongest team always.

And if we can beating Dundee would be a great thing, we get the confidence boost, we get an additional rounds money which is needed now and the chance of an away day at one of the Glasgow derby team’s gaffs  which would solve some problems  We need to go for it  and let’s hope our recent signings keep up their promise  

31 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

Mutch isn't our player anymore so I couldn't care less!

I can't even begin to understand why this criticism would be made - Burrell has done everything he can, scored it and took the chance well.

Go and wind up the FC Edinburgh fans on their thread about their goalie but it's unnecessary here.

😂😂calm down, my post was entirely relevant given we endured years of that from Mutch. Great finish from Burrell to take advantage of such poor goalkeeping. Long may it continue 

19 minutes ago, Caractacus Potts said:

I’ve said that before but for me we go for all we’re in apart from the Challenge Cup as there’s little money in that and can end up costing the club if they draw one of the non Scottish teams away. 

We have to try keep the momentum going and earn as much money as we can from the cups. Remember when M and M put out a weakened side against Celtic to protect the league. We won just once in the next 8 league matches after that defeat. That ultimately led to us missing out on promotion.

Certainly not opposed to any decent ££££s coming in, especially with the clubs predicament, however with the current injuries, last thing we need is any further players out so early.

Guest Caractacus Potts
38 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Certainly not opposed to any decent ££££s coming in, especially with the clubs predicament, however with the current injuries, last thing we need is any further players out so early.

The more games maybe the lesser injuries as most seem to be sustained at training rather than in matches! 

Edited by Caractacus Potts

Guest Caractacus Potts
20 minutes ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

Chance to stretch our lead as the most decorated club in Challenge Cup history by winning that one though...

Think whatever happens we can cling to that as it was before the competition was turned in to an absolute mockery. 

5 hours ago, Caractacus Potts said:

The more games maybe the lesser injuries as most seem to be sustained at training rather than in matches! 

We always seemed to have bad “luck” with injuries under McGlynn…

This was the point I lost respect for M& M. The Falkirk way was always to try to beat the old filth and sometimes we did. That heavy loss contributed to the malaise at the club and the decline thereafter. Play your strongest team always.

And if we can beating Dundee would be a great thing, we get the confidence boost, we get an additional rounds money which is needed now and the chance of an away day at one of the Glasgow derby team’s gaffs  which would solve some problems  We need to go for it  and let’s hope our recent signings keep up their promise  

Seeing Miller pishing himself laughing on the sideline as we bent over for Celtic in that game had me absolutely seething. 0 shots at goal ffs.

6 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Assuming it’s players out if we’re getting anyone else in.

The last FSS newletter alluded to that.

John has signed 12 new players to add to 14 already here from last season, with one player leaving. A squad-size of 25 should be sufficient, however it’s still possible that we’ll see further movement if players move out as well as in.